Tuesday Things.

1. One should probably not plan to develop three bourbon cocktails on a Monday for their job. At 10:00 in the morning. When they are home alone all day.

2. If you’ve been reading for awhile you know that one of my favorite movies of all time is It’s Complicated and I’ve probably talked about it in like 20 different Tuesday things posts. Well, I watched it again this past weekend. I want to live inside that movie. Why a 30-year old wants to be a 50-something divorcee that is having an affair with her ex-husband… I have no idea. Totally lost on me. I’m a mess.

3. Best thing I’ve read recently: finding the time to do the things you want by one of my favorite writers ever.

4. I want Derek Hough to choreograph my life.

5. You know I get intense blog crushes but we need to talk about Bev. That girl comes up with the most amazing savory meals ever and does it like every single day. I make about three things from her blog weekly and that is no lie.

6. So it looks like the Boy Meets World sequel that we talked about a few weeks ago is happening for sure. My preteen heart just exploded. In honor of that, here are 25 unknown things about  the show. Mr. Feeny for life.

7. We saw Skyfall over the weekend and for a girl who is the quintessential cliché of chick flicks and trash TV, I freaking loved it. It was so good. I didn’t even fall asleep like I did in Casino Royale. Additionally, there is one thing my husband loves more than eating chocolate chip cookies over the kitchen sink and bingeing on Diet Coke. And that thing is Daniel Craig. Not a problem for me…

8. Have you seen the new Griswold Old Navy commercial? Eeeeeek! Considering the entire month of December I tend to speak in Christmas Vacation quotes (yeah I’m really annoying), this made my life. Also, if you’re within five inches of me your name is Clark.

9. Wait… did Ryan Gosling really get looked over for the sexiest man again? I don’t even know if I can live in this world anymore. More importantly, if one is over the age of 35 and if one has never seen The Notebook or Crazy Stupid Love, does one really even care about him? I think about very important things all day long.

10. I have not bought one single Christmas gift yet. I don’t even have any ideas. Oh, except for things for myself. Of course. I’m swimming in anxiety up to my eyeballs.

11. I’m so very sure that this was written about my life: 24 reasons you’re not ready to have kids yet. Hello #21. I think that was literally ripped from my brain. Also see: 23 reasons food is better than love. OMG. I’m a super passionate person but uh, just… yes. Definitely did my share of laughing out loud there.

75 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Cate — November 27, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

I’ve never, ever seen The Notebook… And I’m under 35! But, I do love me some Ryan Gosling!

lacy — November 27, 2012 @ 5:09 pm

Paul Deen making a lasagna sandwich is one of the greatest tv spectacles of all time.

Gen — November 27, 2012 @ 5:14 pm

“Eddy, if I woke up with my head stapled to the carpet I wouldn’t be more surprised…” I love that movie!

Candice — November 27, 2012 @ 5:14 pm

I HATE The Notebook… but have watched Crazy, Stupid, Love a million times (including again last night). If I had to be stranded with five movies, Crazy, Stupid, Love and It’s Complicated would be two of them. (The others would be Clue, The Sound of Music, and Mary Poppins.)

• Jessica — November 27th, 2012 @ 5:18 pm

OMG I’m so intrigued… why did you hate The Notebook?

• Candice — November 27th, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

I hate romantic mush. LOL It makes me feel icky. I think I didn’t get past being eleven and feeling gross and awkward watching people kiss on screen. Romance and all that “together forever/soulmate” stuff triggers my gag reflex and makes me want to flee clingy people. LOL

BUT I love Crazy, Stupid, Love and It’s Complicated so…. I have no idea what I’m talking about, clearly. (I didn’t understand the Ryan Gosling thing before CSL… after watching that movie I was like, “Ohhh, okay, I see what everyone else sees now.”)

• Jordan Taylor — November 28th, 2012 @ 5:02 pm

You’re not alone! Not a Notebook fan either. I don’t do the mushy “I’m lost/desperate without you” Nicholas Sparks romance. Just can’t handle all that gobblety gook!

• Amber @ Slim Pickin's Kitchen — November 29th, 2012 @ 5:56 pm

Nicolas Sparks is the worst writer on the planet. L-O-A-T-H-E him with a passion…but *adore* The Notebook movie…but I’m from Charleston where the movie was shot so it’s kinda required that I love it…even though I would love it anyway probably b/c I’m a sap like that…just despise Nicolas Sparks!

Kristina — November 27, 2012 @ 5:15 pm

not only did I see that commercial, I SQUEALED out loud because I thought it was a trailer for a second Christmas Vacation movie. I was upset with Old Navy for a second…

‘are you surprised, Clark?’

“if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn’t be more surprised…”

Gina Marie @ So Lets Hang Out — November 27, 2012 @ 5:15 pm

Can we just be friends? Holy bears. You crack me up!

Ashley M — November 27, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

Love this post! And I have to tell you something about having a baby: your cocktail/TV time/Me time will diminish so much it isn’t funny. At all. I am always telling myself my ONE daughter is enough… babies are cute but OMG NO MORE. As she gets older, my inner ‘selfish asshole’ phase will get to return.

• Jessica — November 27th, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

I appreciate your honestly… and you’re not helping the issue.

;)

• Ashley M — November 27th, 2012 @ 7:04 pm

Sorry! But hey some things (or people) just aren’t meant for all of us. That’s okay.

Also, repeat after me: Babies aren’t for everyone, but chocolate and television are.

;-)

Emily — November 27, 2012 @ 5:18 pm

I love the Griswold Commercial! i had to rewind the commercial because I didn’t realize that Beverley D’Angelo and Juliette Lewis were in it, too. Christmas Vacation is one of my favorite holiday movies along with White Christmas (love the dancing) and Fred Claus (love Vince Vaughn).

• Jessica — November 27th, 2012 @ 5:20 pm

OMG I want to be best friends with Vince Vaughn. mainly because I am convinced he is the same hilarious asshole in real life that he plays in every single movie.

Kristen M. — November 27, 2012 @ 5:19 pm

I like to drop lots of Christmas Vacation quotes as well. Our entire family enjoys doing that too all day on Thanksgiving. It is our weird tradition. The Old Navy commercial made me so happy!

Gina_AcuteDesigns — November 27, 2012 @ 5:25 pm

the griswold commercial makes me smile every.single,time.

Laura — November 27, 2012 @ 5:26 pm

Is your house on fire, Clark?

Jaime hennessey — November 27, 2012 @ 5:27 pm

Chirstmas Vacation is the BEST movie EVER

Meghan @ Cake 'n' Knife — November 27, 2012 @ 5:29 pm

I assume you have already seen this picture since you are as obsessed with Ryan Gosling and Christmas as I am, but here:

Merry Christmas!

Jordan Taylor — November 27, 2012 @ 5:32 pm

Crazy Stupid Love… gotta be my all time favorite rom-com. I can quote it like no other. Plus, Ryan Gosling doing Dirty Dancing moves? How can you say no to that?!

Super excited/anxious about the sequel to BMW. Such good quality entertainment…kinda scared that Disney’s gonna blow it. At least Ben and Danielle have signed on to join!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — November 27, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

Oh man, I freaking love It’s Complicated! I am also (almost) 30 and I don’t even care. It might be because I love Meryl Streep, but whatever, it’s a great movie!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — November 27, 2012 @ 5:37 pm

Ryan Gosling will always be one of my top favorite actors, period. Who cares what “People” says! What do they know, anyways?! I have loved him since his Mickey Mouse Club days and always will. ;)

tracy {pale yellow} — November 27, 2012 @ 5:38 pm

As soon as I read 24 signs you’re not ready for kids I emailed all of girlfriends (without kids) highlighting #21 – perfect!

Liz — November 27, 2012 @ 5:40 pm

My coworker and I were just squealing over the return of Boy Meets World so it was perfect you included it in the post! And I love the 24 reasons you’re not ready to have kids yet. I laughed (and added my own comments in my head) at every one. I held my 6 month old cousin this weekend and while I find her adorable, I had no idea what to do with her. So uncomfortable. Clearly, NOT ready for children.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — November 27, 2012 @ 5:42 pm

I was at Urban Outfitters last week and they had a book called Feminist Ryan Gosling that was basically just pictures of him saying things all women want to hear. I’d be lying if I didn’t admit to almost buying it.

Brianna — November 27, 2012 @ 5:46 pm

So funny I fell asleep in Skyfall and love Casino Royale.

Jessica — November 27, 2012 @ 5:47 pm

sometimes I take a wrong turn down the baby isle at the grocery store and literally start having a panic attack that the walls of diapers are going to fall on top of me and crush me.
    Is that a bad sign?

Shanna@ pineapple and coconut — November 27, 2012 @ 5:55 pm

I am with you on the obligatory Christmas Vacation quotes for the next month. We live in Vegas and just had to travel over Hoover Damn/Lake Mead to get to my parents house for Thanksgiving and every time we drive over it I have to quote ” Welcome to the Dam tour, do you have any Dam Questions?” ” Yeah you got any damn bait? and I follow that up with ” The shitter was full” And ” Real nice Clark”. Oh and maybe something about the jelly of the month club. Yeah I am that annoying too.

josie — November 27, 2012 @ 5:56 pm

christmas vacation – wouldn’t be the holidays without it…
    Its complicated – amazing – i think i want to live in her cafe/bakery!!

Katie — November 27, 2012 @ 6:01 pm

See, number one is another reason why I need to be your neighbor. We could have turned that cocktail developing morning into a full on 10am party. For two and a half people.

Also, putting It’s Complicated on my netflix list riiiight now.

amelia — November 27, 2012 @ 6:01 pm

Ha, I fit into #’s 11 and 21 for the reasons why you aren’t ready to have kids.
    Loved this!!

Yeah, I made a really good drink on Sunday afternoon. 1 shot bourbon, 1 shot wedding cake vodka, 1 shot amaretto, 3 ounces maraschino cherry juice then vanilla club soda to the rim. So addictive!!!

Mo — November 27, 2012 @ 6:10 pm

The whole no kids things?? Yeah, #21 is my main reason! Oh, and also because last time I watched my Godson for 4 hours, I needed a 5 hour nap afterwards!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — November 27, 2012 @ 6:40 pm

I think that your recipe development today was the kind of day I could have used :)

And I love maraschino cherries, hugely!

kim@hungryhealthygirl — November 27, 2012 @ 6:51 pm

You better get going on that Christmas shopping and I totally understand only being able to think of gifts for yourself!! ;)

Chelsy — November 27, 2012 @ 7:04 pm

i LOVE IT’S COMPLICATED…seriously, her bakery? My dream store! Oh, and that damn house! Plus, Alec Baldwin is like super sexy in a old, fat, funny man kind of way! ;)

Megan | Eats Daily — November 27, 2012 @ 7:04 pm

That’s so funny that you posted about the 24 reasons you’re not ready to have kids yet. I have been sharing that with a lot of people! It’s hilarious… I relate to like, 23 of them.

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — November 27, 2012 @ 7:19 pm

Just be grateful that DVR is amazing, and pausing live TV. No more hushing your screaming children repeatedly until commercial breaks. HOWEVER, I did learn quickly how to make dinner, change diapers and feed a baby in a 3 minute commercial break!

Jenn — November 27, 2012 @ 7:33 pm

Okay. This is going to seem creeptastic, but I promise I’m normal. I swear to God we are soulmates, long lost sisters, or clones. Probably clones. I am a 80’s-90’s child, LOVE Lisa Frank, drink straight vinegar, obsessively watched BMW, and eat the weirdest food combinations. And now I find out you speak in Christmas Vacation quotes?! It’s not even December and I’ve watched it 3 times this season. I’ve never liked someone I’ve never met so much. If I ever meet you, I’m giving you the most epic high five ever.

Bev @ Bev Cooks — November 27, 2012 @ 7:44 pm

OH MY GOSH I’m just now reading this and you’re sooooo sweeeettttaaaa! Thanks for liking me. And my food. And my late night phone calls. And my sweat glands.

Wait this is getting weird.

OH! We saw Skyfall too and I can’t stop thinking about it. CANNOOOTTTT.

Why did I mention my sweat glands….

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen — November 27, 2012 @ 8:20 pm

I truly hate children’s music. It’s dumb. It’s JUST dumb. When I think how I must’ve liked children’s music when I was a child, it upsets me. Also, women have babies until they’re 55 nowadays so that always makes me feel better.

Sharla — November 27, 2012 @ 10:02 pm

I think this is my favorite post ever…I keep thinking I’m writing these things!! haha – and thank you, thank you for always keeping me updated on BMW!!

btw – another reason I don’t need kids? Because two women I find remarkable and really look up to have told me within the last year if they could live their lives over they definitely wouldn’t have children! what!? bahahaha

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — November 27, 2012 @ 11:46 pm

I want to live in the movie It’s Complicated too..but mostly for the beautiful kitchen/bakery that the lady owns–and that scene where they make croissants in the middle of the night (can’t think of a harder food to make on a whim!).

Oh yes, and her beautiful house.

Rose — November 27, 2012 @ 11:52 pm

I couldn’t STAND Skyfall.. so bad. So not a Bond movie to me… my boyfriend also hated it, and the couple we went with actually left early! I don’t get why people loved it… But, I did love watching Daniel Craig, yes yes. And it’s fun to read about which blogs you get your dinner ideas from, seeing as I (and many others obviously) get so many from you!! I’ve got sticky pomegranate chicken on this weeks meal plan :)

Rhona @ Mrs Ellwood's Simple Life — November 28, 2012 @ 7:32 am

Jessica I look forward to your Tuesday Things every week… and read them obsessively in a completely stalkerish way. Sorry if I’m creeping you out right now but it’s so true! It’s Complicated is one of my top 5 most watched films! The scene with the joint? Too funny.

Weird micture of disappointment and relief over the lack of Homeland mentions this week… disappointed because I feel the exact. same. way. But also relieved because I just realised that we’re an episode behing you guys (in England) and I live in fear that you might give something away!

Jenna — November 28, 2012 @ 8:20 am

Have you watched Matthew perry’s show ‘Go On?’ At one point he says, “Bradley Cooper is sexiest man of the year because the folks at People magazine have apparently never heard of Ryan Gosling.” EXACTLY.

Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings — November 28, 2012 @ 9:30 am

next time you’re making bourbon cocktails at 10 am, let me know :)

Alex @ Brain, Body, Because — November 28, 2012 @ 9:37 am

“11. I’m so very sure that this was written about my life: 24 reasons you’re not ready to have kids yet. ”

Did you see all the hate in the comments section? We aren’t monsters just because we don’t have kids!

Adrienne — November 28, 2012 @ 10:30 am

Christmas Vacation is an institution in my family. My dad is practically Clark Griswold himself. As a matter of fact, my husband asked me yesterday if someday when we have kids we’ll make them watch it? umm.. DUHHH!!! :)

Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking — November 28, 2012 @ 10:37 am

Hahahha! I am always speaking in Griswold family quotes…. throughout the year, but especially this time of year. My fave to say ona daily basis to my husband is probably, “I don’t know Margo!”

Andrea @ Barbells and Buttercream — November 28, 2012 @ 10:49 am

Thanks for the tip! I’m following Bev now. It could be because it’s grocery shopping day and I’m have post-Thanksgiving-cooking-block. Like, literally, I have no idea what to cook this week…nope…nothing. Also, saw Skyfall this weekend. I think that was the creepiest bad guy EVER. Like I was so scared what he was going to do to Bond on that island!!!! I kept whispering to my husband what was going to happen and he kept shushing me because, of course, he didn’t know!!! AGHHHH!!!

Stephanie — November 28, 2012 @ 10:49 am

omg that article on 24 reasons you’re not ready to have kids – hahaha its like you just get.me. lol — #20 just yes.

Angela — November 28, 2012 @ 11:40 am

I also love the movie “it’s Complicated” – you know why? (probably same reason you love it) – I want her business!!! and her house!!! =)

Don’t give in to the pressure of having kids – do it when it feels right for you.

Also – I’m glad to know there are other people obsessed the Christmas vacation movie! Your musings are hilarious!

Katie @ OhShineOn — November 28, 2012 @ 12:45 pm

Don’t fret about the whole “It’s Complicated” thing. I totally want to swim inside those chocolate croissants they make in the movie.

Emily {Pink Tiger in the Kitchen} — November 28, 2012 @ 1:48 pm

Um so I JUST saw Crazy, Stupid, Love this weekend and even though I totally understood the Ryan Gosling thing before… i.TOTALLY.GET.IT.EVEN.MORE.NOW.

Sorry. I really needed to emphasis that point.

Leslie — November 28, 2012 @ 2:03 pm

I want Derek Hough to choreograph my life, too! Either he or Louis Van Amstel, but I guess I have to vote for the straight guy.

Whenever anyone asks you what you are going to get them for Christmas you can always say, “I wanna get you somethin’ real nice, Clark.”

Denise — November 28, 2012 @ 2:31 pm

Loved, loved, loved The Notebook. I’ve yet to see Crazy Stupid Love, but I did go see Skyfall last week and oh that Daniel Craig……..Need I say more, he’s the 2nd best “Bond Boy” next to Sean Connery. Loved Skyfall so much I’m thinking about going and seeing it again!!! :D