1. These cupcakes? They are a VERY new and improved version (I only had to make them EIGHT TIMES to get it right) of my homemade funfetti ones and I took them to my grandpa’s 85th birthday party. That, along with a bottle of gin. I better be this easy to please in 50 years. Also: sprinkles for life.

2. I can hardly wait for this weekend. It’s going to be a mexican feast! I might add these dessert nachos!!!! to the list. I mean… if you know me… you might know that I sort of like fruit salsa… Forgive the overzealous exclamation points.

3. Last week I went to run some errands that would cause me to be gone from the house for about 2+ hours and halfway there, realized that I forgot my phone. My lifeline. My everything. I want to say it was freeing and fabulous, but really it just caused me extreme anxiety and I definitely reached for my phone no less than 15 times during my outing. I often wonder how my mom used to go the entire day without talking to my dad before cell phones existed. How was that ever a thing? Oh and eventually my dad got a large CAR PHONE. Let’s discuss.

4. In relation to above, these 27 middle class problems had me giggling.

5. My fellow TV-aholics might also enjoy the 27 stages of getting addicted to a show. There is, like, basically nothing on TV right now and I CAN’T STAND IT. And no, I don’t understand Mad Men. Besides that you are allowed to have cocktails at work (let’s do this) and all the hot men cheat on their wives. And is January Jones just wearing a fat suit now? Whatev.

6. Oh and speaking of TV, I know it’s making the rounds but if you are as obsessed with Nashville as I am (not sure if that’s possible), then you will probably adore the actual youtube channel of the daughters on the show. Who are sisters. And cute as pie. I can’t take it. I wish I could be a famous singer. Like, just wake up and be one.

7. A little over a year ago, our garbage disposal broke. This may or may not have been directly correlated with my husband throwing ENTIRE LEMONS AND BANANA PEELS down it. For someone who works with food constantly, this is a pretty huge thing, so in replacing it, we had the cadillac of garbage disposals installed. Seriously, my disposal probably costs more than the appliances in my kitchen combined. Anyway – this thing is scary. In over a year, I still fear it. It has completely mangled actual silverware. It has eaten plastic utensils. And yesterday, it crushed my favorite measuring spoon to bits.

8. Even though I hate baths (sitting in your own dirty water is not my thing and I have no patience for that), I do think that if I had a giant marble bathtub that I would start to love them. Now I’m sold on the idea of having one because I want to make these DIY bath bombs! They will make sitting in your own fifth more beautiful.

9. In case you missed it, I shared my beauty faves over the weekend. Why can’t every day be beauty faves day?

10. It’s officially walking weather here and well, I am a lover of walking. I like to think I inherited it from my dad who walks constantly. It’s just so beautiful outside and in my opinion, walking is the best stress reliever. Also, the best gossiping time too. (True.)

11. Can’t get enough of this song. Hootie, you are so cool.

12. This post may be riddled with typos because I just stuck my jalapeño-covered hands in my eyes AGAIN and have to go finish melting down. I will never learn. Don’t even bring up the gloves.

73 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Kay — April 30, 2013 @ 12:56 pm

Mmm, those cupcakes look DIVINE!!!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — April 30, 2013 @ 12:56 pm

It took me about 6 episodes into season 1 to “get” Mad Men, but now I can’t stop it. Definitely holding me over while other shows refuse to show new episodes!

AliSue — April 30, 2013 @ 1:01 pm

I am with you that there is almost NOTHING on tv at the moment. I hold NCIS, Psych, and Elementary dear to my heart. I don’t have cable so I have to wait until they are online. I want to make those bath bombs too! I saw her post and was in love! DIY want to be is me!

Ashley — April 30, 2013 @ 1:03 pm

I also LOVE walking. However, tomorrow we’re getting 3-5″ of SNOW. Barf. — Eddie. Banana peels??? Come on!!! Can I tell you how many of those mini ceramic spoons I’ve crushed in the disposal and how I still fear that it is going to turn on by itself when my hand is down there picking out the tiny broken pieces? HATE THAT! Have you checked out the show VEEP? Not sure if you’d be into it or not, but it’s pretty hilarious. We’re also watching Bates Motel which I can’t decide if i actually like or not. TV is kind of lame right now for sure. Did you start watching Newsroom last year? If not, you MUST. I think it comes on again in the summer? Also, the car phone. You KNOW my dad had one of those. The one that had a large bag/carrying case and a CORD. A corded phone in the car. The base had to be about 12×6 in size! And then his first flip phone!!! SO BIG. Okay….I’ll be done now. :)

Mr. & Mrs. P — April 30, 2013 @ 1:07 pm

hadn’t heard that song yet!! We like!!!!

April @BarbellsandBellinis — April 30, 2013 @ 1:07 pm

We saw Darius a few weekends back when he was in town for his Monday after the Masters Charity. Can we just say amazing? He ended the show with Wagon Wheel; and just when you though it couldn’t possibly be more amazing, PURPLE RAIN. I died.

Trang — April 30, 2013 @ 1:09 pm

Walking was made for the awesome! you’re pretty amaze, not gonna lie.

gina (fitnessista) — April 30, 2013 @ 1:10 pm

it’s so funny you say that because it used to be one of the reasons i hated baths! “cool, let me soak in my own grime”
    now, i soak in my own grime + glitter and roses, so that makes it better, right? haha :)
    thanks for the shout out, lovely friend <3
    xo

April — April 30, 2013 @ 1:11 pm

Can I give a shout-out to Scandal? First season is on Netflix. So good! Everyone in my office kept talking about it and I finally got bored enough to try a new series and BAM, there ya go.

P.S. Sprinkles make everything 100x better.

Elise — April 30, 2013 @ 1:12 pm

Definitely watch scandal. It. Is. Addiciting.

Jessica — April 30, 2013 @ 1:43 pm

Relatively new reader here. Love your blog, every recipe of yours that I’ve tried, and THESE TUESDAY POSTS! You make my day, seriously. Also, I’ve been watching ‘Treme’ on HBO go and it’s pretty addictive.

Jennifer — April 30, 2013 @ 1:45 pm

I vote that you should post the new and improved funfetti recipe because your original recipe is already my go to for vanilla cupcakes!

xo Jennifer

Katie @ Veggie and the Beast — April 30, 2013 @ 1:47 pm

Do we get to see the new and improved Funfetti Cupcake recipe?! I have to say that the old one was pretty spectacular. :)

Katriel — April 30, 2013 @ 1:52 pm

I love Nashville! What’s with all the re-runs though? Getting super old. And I’m dying over Lennon & Maisy-so incredibly talented.

Caroline Leigh — April 30, 2013 @ 1:53 pm

I, too, would love to see the new and improved recipe to your funfetti cupcakes!! i’ve made them twice, but i don’t know how they can be any better!

Molly @Bakelette — April 30, 2013 @ 1:53 pm

I am the same way with my phone, without it I do not feel free at all! And about the car phone…yeah my parents had one!!!
    I cannot believe you don’t like baths?! Well, when you put it as sitting in dirty water yeah that sounds gross, but (Tree huggers don’t hate me!!!) I often keep the water running throughout my bath. And to wash my hair, I lay on my back and stick my head under the water so I don’t get ickies in my hair! And I so want to make my own bath bombs, they are way too expensive in stores!

xo M

Larissa — April 30, 2013 @ 1:55 pm

Here’s a tip – take a quick shower before your bath. Then you are clean and not sitting in dirty water – just the bath bomb water. And, your hair is all washed so you don’t have to worry about that either.

Those cupcakes look so delicious!
    TV sucks right now. I don’t want to get invested in a “new” show. I want the regular ones to be on with new episodes. Is that too much to ask?

Stop sticking jalepeno hands in your eyes!

Hollis — April 30, 2013 @ 1:56 pm

Can’t wait to make some cupcakes soon…

Also- Old Crow Medicine Show originally recorded the song 8 or 9 years ago from a sketch of Bob Dylan – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH0CnjXqCLE

Liz — April 30, 2013 @ 2:03 pm

If it helps you feel any better, you constantly talking about sticking jalapeño-covered hands in your eyes has helped me become acutely aware of mine and thus, avoid doing the same to myself. so, thank you!

Holly — April 30, 2013 @ 2:06 pm

Your poor eyes! *sends soothing vibes)

The Killings returns on June 2nd to AMC. I cannot wait!

Annie tucker — April 30, 2013 @ 2:11 pm

Adore the daughters YouTube channel! They are incredible and I can’t wait for nashvilles return tomorrow!

Sues — April 30, 2013 @ 2:12 pm

Obsessed with bath bombs. And Nashville. And the desire for a marble bath tub. Some day!

Jenn(CookiesCupcakesCardio) — April 30, 2013 @ 2:19 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for a couple of years now, and I just have to say that Tuesday Things make my Tuesday better…each and every week! Thank you for that.

molly yeh — April 30, 2013 @ 2:19 pm

DESSRT NACHOS? holy guacamole that stopped me dead in my tracks.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — April 30, 2013 @ 2:21 pm

I am in love with Wagon Wheel too – Nate is so sick of me (trying) to sing it!

Rachel — April 30, 2013 @ 2:22 pm

Mexican food is basically the answer to all of life’s problems; and those cupcakes look amazing!

Bev @ Bev Cooks — April 30, 2013 @ 2:30 pm

Baths are stanky and that is all.

Also, looks like someone never got into NEW GIRL. That is all.

We had an enormo car phone toooooo! That is all.

Okay, now for real, that is all.

Bye.

p.s. you would watch Idol too. wait did you just punch me?

Zainab @ Blahnik Baker — April 30, 2013 @ 2:40 pm

Seriously there is nothing on TV lately except Mad Men. Yes…you do need the gloves :p

Kristen — April 30, 2013 @ 2:41 pm

I like the Old Crow Medicine Show version so much more! I know someone already posted a link, but here it is again: =)

Also, I hate that the Derby and Cinco de Mayo are in the same weekend! How do you decide???

Nikki — April 30, 2013 @ 2:51 pm

Will you be posting the new recipe for funfetti cupcakes? They look amazing!!

I am obsessed with Mad Men, more specifically Jon Hamm. He is soooo dreamy!!! It can move slow at times, but its very cool how they try to be super historically accurate. I love the 60s, though it was just slightly before my time ;)

Holli — April 30, 2013 @ 2:56 pm

CUPCAKES! <3

Can you post the new recipe?

Melinda — April 30, 2013 @ 2:59 pm

Oh, so I’m not the only one that has that feeling about taking baths?! I just cannot understand the attraction of sitting in stagnant water.

Also, Hootie will always be cool, me thinks. :)

tracy — April 30, 2013 @ 3:18 pm

I think you should put a post it on your jalapenos when you bring them home from the store saying something like “go put your gloves on before you cut these dingaling”. ? (sorry to call you dingaling, I’m just relating because I do dingaling things all the time)

honeywhatscooking — April 30, 2013 @ 3:27 pm

i wanna make dessert nachos too, but with chocolate.. and whipped cream and all. can’t wait for cinco de mayo!

Katharine — April 30, 2013 @ 3:31 pm

Number 3. YES. Just yes.

chandler — April 30, 2013 @ 3:43 pm

i had to walk today to go get my car picked up from getting its tires changed. both my dog and i decided we hate walking. the dog got tired and i was bored. i give you many many credits for loving to walk ;) !

Chandler

broadspectrums.blogspot.com

maria — April 30, 2013 @ 4:30 pm

have you tried watching scandal or the americans? both are super good.

Mila @ loftyappetite — April 30, 2013 @ 4:31 pm

A few weeks ago I was like you, lost and confused wishing I had seasons of a show to watch that I haven’t already gone through in the blink of an eye, and lo and behold someone amazing recommended the show “Suits” to me. It’s on USA so random but Seriously stop what you are doing and get your hands on the first two seasons. SO GOOD. And by good I mean eye candy, and funny, and a “dream world” lawyer drama where everyone is smart and witty and super good looking. and the girls have awesome outfits. And the guys wear, um, suits. Did I mention eye candy? I’m almost done with season 2 now and Season 3 starts in July so you have time to catch up :)

Liz — April 30, 2013 @ 4:36 pm

I like Mad Men, but I don’t like this season – so if that’s what you are watching that might be why – I think a lot of people aren’t liking the current season as much. I also work in advertising so its amusing to see how some things are still the same (and some have changed a bit ;-))

I always enjoy your Buzz Feed links!

Jackie W — April 30, 2013 @ 4:53 pm

I am a Mad Men fan, and they have managed to confuse me as well. I’m surprised you’re not drinking the Mad Men kool-aid- seeing that you’ve mentioned before that you love Sopranos. I see a lot of similarities between the two! (Same creator, so that’s where the similarities begin). Now that I think of it…I spend a huge amount of time likening Mad Men characters to their Soprano counterparts.

Kate — April 30, 2013 @ 4:57 pm

Wagon Wheel was written by Bob Dylan! But finished by the guys in Old Crow. Check out their version!

Tiffany — April 30, 2013 @ 5:12 pm

The TV show link was HILARIOUS. Soooooooo incredibly true. Thanks!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — April 30, 2013 @ 5:44 pm

Walking is awesome and totally a different benefit than running and I love to do both at different times. And yes, this is walking weather!

I about died when I saw Heidi’s dessert nachos, too. So stunning.

And congrats on your new super snazzy garbage disposal. Ahhh, the things that make us happy :)

Emily @ Life on Food — April 30, 2013 @ 6:46 pm

Cupcakes and a bottle of gin would make me pretty happy today at 28 :) This might be my favorite Tuesday things to date.

Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen — April 30, 2013 @ 7:11 pm

Ahhh I hate baths too! I thought I was the only one. I just never know what to do with myself. Am I supposed to wash or just sit there? And its gross. After I had my first baby the nurse made me take a bath while she WATCHED. AWKWARD.

Carolyn — April 30, 2013 @ 7:53 pm

Hi Jess, I love walking too! Must be in the genes. Give Uncle Bill a big Birthday hug for me. So excited to see ya all this summer :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — April 30, 2013 @ 8:33 pm

Okay – that buzzfeed article about middle class problems made me laugh so hard. The best part was the pictures that went along with them. Paper cut on your iPad finger? Tragic.

Steph — April 30, 2013 @ 8:39 pm

Wow, middle class problems. Or are they more first world problems? Those are the prettiest cupcakes ever!

Tieghan — April 30, 2013 @ 9:20 pm

OH I HATE baths! Nasty!

Walking is awesome!

Those cupcakes look killer!

And I totally just stuck my Jalopeno covered finger in my eyes. I feel you!

Leigh — April 30, 2013 @ 9:35 pm

I need that cupcake recipe before Saturday! I am making the cake for a birthday party and the birthday boy has requested funfetti. Please!!!!