this incredible tribute bridget did to her mom in cookie form. heart = mush.

how to make friends as an adult. amazing read.

the newest issue of foodiecrush magazine. so much freaking talent.

these cheese gougeres. my life is over.

this creamy avocado sorbet. ahhh!

these DIY maraschino cherries with amaretto. WHAAAAT.

this bacon mustard. i am a complete mustard FREAK. love it.

this strawberry tuxedo cake. the question is… do i have the patience?

this homemade sea salt beach wave spray for your hair. love!

this pizza. is it not the most gorgeous thing you’ve ever seen?

this cherry + dark chocolate grilled cheese. good gosh.

these boozy milkshakes. ummmm pretty sure we all know how I feel about those.

[I’m going to be sharing these posts once a week or every other week because I have so many things to freak out over. Leave any current links you’re loving!]

29 Responses to “Currently Crushing On.”

Belinda @themoonblushbaker — July 20, 2013 @ 8:39 am

Oh That tribute brought a tear to my eye… Oh the words resonate so much with me and my mum.
    Wonderful links from the week that past

Tieghan — July 20, 2013 @ 9:12 am

That avocado sorbet is amazing and the cherry and brie grilled cheese is calling my name! I love the new issue of Foodiecrush magazine! Heidi did an incredible job! Plus, I am so excited to be apart of it!
    Oh and Bridget’s post about here mom was so sweet!
    Must got make that grilled cheese now!

Jessica L. — July 20, 2013 @ 10:23 am

Not a super new post, but I just made these roasted strawberry and toasted coconut popsicles from Joy…they’re incredible.

Julie — July 20, 2013 @ 10:26 am

Thank you so much for the shout-out! If you were here, I would give you some cherries.

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner — July 20, 2013 @ 10:50 am

Have you ever tried Inglehoffer Creamy Dill Mustard with Capers? I ate an entire jar in a week. It is crazy good.

• Laura — July 20th, 2013 @ 7:44 pm

This reminds me of Franck Eggelhoffer!!! :)

Melissa — July 20, 2013 @ 11:07 am

Those DIY Maraschino Cherries look amazing! I pinned them the other day and have since wanted to make them. I truly believe cherries can make nearly anything taste better!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — July 20, 2013 @ 11:19 am

Thanks for the shout-out Jessica! <3 I'm sort of freaking out over that pizza too–all that basil oil puree! Also, that strawberry tuxedo cake, holy crap.

Currently crushing on lots of things, but this blueberry sour cream ice cream looks amazzzing: http://www.thetarttart.com/2013/07/blueberry-sour-cream-ice-cream/

Monique Bartley — July 20, 2013 @ 1:14 pm

I AM IN LOVE WITH FOODIE CRUSH. IT’S SOMETHING WAY MORE SERIOUS THAN A CRUSH! IT IS A FULL FLEDGED PASSIONATE ROMANCE.

Alysa (InspiredRD) — July 20, 2013 @ 2:53 pm

I’m crushing on this swimsuit and pretty sad it’s unavailable. I need to find one like it!! http://bit.ly/157c4BK

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen — July 20, 2013 @ 3:34 pm

thanks for the shout-out, lady friend. i’m currently crushing on these shoes from barney’s. was going to buy them yesterday morning but decided to lament on them some more AND then they sold out of my size which means i now want them more. needed to vent to someone thanks!

Jenni — July 20, 2013 @ 6:37 pm

The cherry and dark chocolate grilled cheese. I have no words.

Laura — July 20, 2013 @ 7:41 pm

Hi Jessica!

Here’s something else you possibly might be crushing on:
    (Jesse & The Rippers reunited!!!)

AliSue — July 20, 2013 @ 11:52 pm

Thank you so much for sharing the how to make friends as an adult. We just moved across country & it’s been 6 months. I am a super outgoing person, while my hubby is not. He works with tons of single people & I work with 12 so it’s been hard because to find new friends. This was perfect timing!

LouAnn — July 21, 2013 @ 7:59 am

I love the generousity of the blog world –thank you for these

Chelsie@citygirlcountrylife — July 21, 2013 @ 8:13 am

I love this post! The mom tribute is so sweet and those cookies look delicious. I’m new to your blog and LOVE it!

Norma | Allspice and Nutmeg — July 21, 2013 @ 8:43 am

Thank you for sharing these. It’s fun going through all of these. Love that strawberry cake!

Sarah McD — July 21, 2013 @ 9:21 am

So I’m back in Houston where I grew up and none of my old friends made it back here after college like I did. I’ve mostly been hanging out with my guy, who is amazing, but lately I’ve been lamenting to him about my lack of lady friends. So of course I read your link above making friends as an adult. Guess what? The lovely lady who wrote it is in Houston – and a lot of people commented saying they’re also in Houston, so let’s all hang out. Guess who put herself out there saying she’d like to meet some awesome Houston women to hang out with? This girl!

Thanks for sharing the link and helping make connections! I love you even more now, Jessica!

• Jessica — July 21st, 2013 @ 8:11 pm

love this so much!! :)

• Rachel Wilkerson — July 22nd, 2013 @ 11:02 pm

Jessica!! Thanks for the shout-out and for helping make this connection!

bridget {bake at 350} — July 21, 2013 @ 10:02 am

Aww….you are so sweet! ♥ Thank you! My mom would have loved your blog so much!!!

And, um…those cherries? That mustard? Oh MY gosh!

Ammie — July 21, 2013 @ 7:39 pm

Thanks for sharing the article about making friends. The last couple of years I’ve done a bit of housekeeping as I’ve come to realize that a good portion of the friendships I had were one sided, toxic, or not worth the drama they were causing. I need some new tribe members and have felt overwhelmed and frustrated at times about how to go about it. The article held lots of great advice but the comments were priceless. Thanks!! xo

Tara — July 21, 2013 @ 8:00 pm

Love reading what you’re crushing on. My latest crush is the Farmette blog http://www.farmette.ie. American married to an Irish farmer. Best of all worlds

Ross @ TheFaceBaby — July 22, 2013 @ 1:50 am

Kids are hysterical. And the coolest part is? Bubba (and possibly a cameo by Mo) are probably gonna be in his book. Yay!

Laura S. — July 22, 2013 @ 11:50 am

I’ve been addicted to maskcara.com since the first time you linked to it. I made the candy coated sea spray this weekend and it changed. my. life. Seriously! I have super fine, straight hair and this gave me beautiful waves! Love it!

Nessa — July 23, 2013 @ 9:06 pm

Thanks for the great links!

Cara — July 30, 2013 @ 12:58 pm

Jessica. Oh my gosh, I am in love with your blog! Everything about it. Thank you so much for linking to my hairspray! Love,
    Cara

1. Pingback: Magpie Monday on Wednesday: Someone’s in the Kitchen… | Robert E. Stutts