1. After google reader decided to go away for real and I determined that I really didn’t like anything else, a bunch of people told me about the old reader which umm… oh my gosh, I love. It’s practically identical to google reader. Awesome.

2. This chocolate chip cookies and cream ice cream. Can’t even. I don’t really love cookie dough ice cream so this is just perfect.

3. True life: I only instagram things when my life is interesting. Or when it seems interesting. It’s not. It’s all SMOKE AND MIRRORS.

4. I haven’t had a sprinkled ice cream cone in a few weeks. Depressing.

5. Last night I hit a new low in the meal department. I’ve had a sinus infection/cold for the last few days and you know how you can’t taste or smell anything and are just devoid of any appetite at all? I didn’t eat anything all day then had a bowl of brown rice krispies. But that wasn’t enough. I needed some chocolate. So I added heath toffee pieces. TO MY CEREAL.

6. I should just embrace #5 because you all know that the minute your appetite comes back after a cold you end up eating All The Things.

7. I’m absolutely loving this last season of Dexter already. So so much. Talk to me about it! Oh and I’m still iffy on my first true love, True Blood, but can we just agree that Jason MADE Sunday’s episode? He is so ridiculous.

8. What your 90s crush says about you? Soooo… what does it mean when you have crushes on all of those people? Because I pretty much do. I mean did.

9. Speaking of, I follow DJ Tanner on instagram and will forever be obsessed with her so I kind of died when she was posting photos with Kimmy Gibbler at the New Kids On The Block Concert. Like my inner 90s self just lost it. And buzzfeed made a post about it which just enabled me even more. Wait, do they have real names?

10. So I have 2-step verification turned on for my gmail which is annoying as heck but really wonderful in general, and I’m pretty sure there have been hacker attempts because: twice in the last two week I got a text in the middle of the night with my verification code. WEIRD. Someone was trying to hack me, right? I love you gmail.

11. I really want this chalkboard manicure set. Since I obviously need something like that. All I see is black! Neon! Chalkboard! See? Marketer’s dream.

43 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Belinda @themoonblushbaker — July 9, 2013 @ 12:37 pm

That nail set! I have to get it!

Wonderful link up.

Mallory — July 9, 2013 @ 12:37 pm

ok. #3 is EVERYONE. and i love you for pointing it out. so thank you.

Deanna @ PRetty in Pittsburgh — July 9, 2013 @ 12:40 pm

OMG THAT BUZZFEED ARTICLE

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — July 9, 2013 @ 12:48 pm

Hahaha, I think my favorite part of that “What Your 90s Crush Says About You” article is the comment about how if you liked JTT then 50% of guys you’ve dated were probably shorter than you. This is absolutely true of my JTT-loving friends!

I want to do the Color Run with DJ and Kimmy!!!

Katriel — July 9, 2013 @ 12:50 pm

BA! 90s crush…for real though. Uncomfortably accurate!

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl — July 9, 2013 @ 12:52 pm

I am absolutely dying over the Kimmy and DJ Buzzfeed article….. AWESOME!! Where’s Michelle in all of those photos? ;)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — July 9, 2013 @ 1:05 pm

I have a cold/sinus infection thing, too, and have been living on dreamsicles. Best sick food ever.

Kellie @The Suburban Soapbox — July 9, 2013 @ 1:08 pm

Jason is the only reason I stayed loyal to True Blood during the whole maenad season. He is yummy.

Jenna @ www.sensationallyseasonal.com — July 9, 2013 @ 1:21 pm

I think it’s hysterical that you follow DJ Tanner on Instagram… I say as I listen to a rerun of Full House right now.

Tieghan — July 9, 2013 @ 1:34 pm

So I gave up on Dexter during the last season. Should I be watching this season? It used to be on of my favorites, but the first season was by far my favorite season.

Love the flower!! Wishing I was seeing those flowers around here!

NancyC — July 9, 2013 @ 1:57 pm

OMG Jason on TB was hysterical. This season has been a bit of a disappointment, but last Sunday it seems like we’re starting to get somewhere. BTW, I LOVE that you put candy in your cereal…you’re my hero :-)

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance — July 9, 2013 @ 2:37 pm

DJ Tanner has an instagram?!? (immediately searching)

Katie @ Live Half Full — July 9, 2013 @ 3:00 pm

That’s so funny you call her DJ Tanner. I once met Uncle Joey at the airport. I went up to him and said, “are you Uncle Joey?” And he said, “Dave Coulier, why yes I am.” Made my life. SO FUNNY.

Jenni — July 9, 2013 @ 3:22 pm

Oh my god, seriously, I love you. I’ve been using Feedly, and I’m honestly just not a fan. I just registered with The Old Reader and am making the switch right now. So stoked. Go get yourself a sprinkled ice cream cone, girl!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — July 9, 2013 @ 3:23 pm

I’ve been up early a lot of mornings recently because of my baby girl. Although I hate missing out on sleep, I love getting to watch Full House reruns. Love me some DJ Tanner, Uncle Jessie, and baby Michelle. ;)

Greta — July 9, 2013 @ 3:45 pm

So happy that you referred me to the old reader. You’re a saint.

Laurie E. — July 9, 2013 @ 3:53 pm

Dexter! I have a feeling something is going to go down with Deb. Something not good.

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — July 9, 2013 @ 5:23 pm

Old Reader? Interesting – must investigate!!! You deserve an ice cream with sprinkles after feeling bad for a while – go get one or better yet – make a cool creation and share!!!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — July 9, 2013 @ 5:28 pm

Vienna!!! It’s a downloadable app that is like Mac’s Reeder (which went away with the switch). I love Vienna 100x more than any other option, even more than TheOldReader, which I tried. It’s an app so you can click around it so fast compared to the more web-based things like BL or Feedly. It’s a free download and I think you will love it! So streamlined!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — July 9, 2013 @ 5:41 pm

Um I kind of love that DJ Tanner and Kimmy Gibbler are RL BF4L. That makes me all warm and tingly inside.

Catherine — July 9, 2013 @ 5:56 pm

My heart is happy that DJ and Kimmy are BFFs.

Jaina — July 9, 2013 @ 6:04 pm

Totally feel for you in the sinus infection department. I get them more than I think I should and when I have them I end up eating the weirdest stuff because my appetite is all screwy. Just go with it!

Loving Dexter too! Decided to ditch True Blood after being a devoted fan. The first two episodes of this season just didn’t do anything for me :(

Hannah — July 9, 2013 @ 7:21 pm

1- OMG Dexter, I can tell this last season is going to be amazing because the first two episodes were soooo good!

2- That choc chip cookie ice-cream recipe looks amazing, I need to buy an ice-cream maker.

3- I use the two-step verification process on google as well. I enabled it after reading an article about a man who’s account was hacked and subsequently all his other accounts were hacked too. It’s brilliant, makes me feel so much safer!

Dana Ivy — July 9, 2013 @ 8:10 pm

OMG obsessed with the chalkboard nails. AND I 100% think someone has been trying to get into your gmail! I, too, have that 2-step verification which is totally annoying but you definitely just solidified why I have it. Thanks.

Xo
    Dana Ivy
    http://www.iadorewhatilove.com – Check out my blog!!

Laura — July 9, 2013 @ 8:20 pm

#3 – I totally feel you on this one!

jennifer — July 9, 2013 @ 8:47 pm

i decided after sunday’s true blood episode, that i am willing to let eric make me a vampire.

Keelie (Sweat Equals Success) — July 9, 2013 @ 9:27 pm

OMG. Jordan Catalano. In the worst way possible, yes.

Ashley — July 10, 2013 @ 12:00 am

DJ TANNER ON INSTAGRAM??? i never even thought that was a possibility of a thing! There goes my free time. Thank you. Love Dexter…True Blood is pretty lame but I still have to watch it…you know why. ;)

Natalie — July 10, 2013 @ 7:25 am

I put heath toffee pieces in my over night oats… to do for… and i might sneak a little tablespoon of them sometimes at night when i’m out of chocolate chips… they really are some sneaky little sweetness in the kitchen…

Brinkley Brown — July 10, 2013 @ 8:06 am

OMG…I am right there with you on Dexter…Hubs thinks the new serial killer is actually the doctor..hmmm…something to think about. Thinks the series will end, with a show down between the two, whatcha think? And i’m so right there with you on True Blood, and can’t decide if Warlow is good or bad, I mean if he’s pure evil, why did he even save Jason? Who knows…i’m just ready for Sookie to fall in love with Eric again!!!

Rachel @ Eat Learn Discover — July 10, 2013 @ 9:26 am

number 7!!! omigod.

Kelly M. — July 10, 2013 @ 10:24 am

Um. So, apparently I must’ve been seriously girl-crushing on Kelly Kapowski, because that pretty much describes my life. My exact life. *sigh Except for the Facebook thing.

Hannah Jayne — July 10, 2013 @ 10:42 am

Um… I’m going to the New Kids concert on Friday. How could I not?! It’s an explosion of my ’90s crushes: New Kids, Boyz II Men, AND 98 degrees… I’m teasing my bangs and getting my neon on NOW!

Nessa — July 10, 2013 @ 8:06 pm

Love those chalkboard nails!

Desi — July 12, 2013 @ 4:40 pm

Um, #9 just made my life. And I’m bout to totally follow her on IG now.

Maya — July 16, 2013 @ 2:23 pm

Totally unrelated but DID YOU KNOW THIS WAS HAPPENING?

Jesse and the Rippers. I love it so much.

• Jessica — July 16th, 2013 @ 2:52 pm

it did work! OMG!!!!

Maya — July 16, 2013 @ 2:24 pm

Well that link didn’t seem to work.

Maya — July 16, 2013 @ 2:33 pm

Apparently the internet doesn’t want me to inform you that there is a Jesse and the Rippers reunion on Jimmy Fallon. But it’s real. Go to people.com and there’s an article, complete with a photo from the Forever music video.

Amara — July 16, 2013 @ 6:21 pm

dexter is rockin it so far!! i just want the end to slap me in the face. hahahaha
    true blood is just getting ridiculous to me lately.. so many “OF COURSE THAT WOULD HAPPEN” moments. i want to be shocked and be surprised at it! not “i could have guessed that” =/

rnIhSCc7cbkWuQ — August 7, 2013 @ 9:05 pm

658396 148558All you want to know about News details to you. 550769

Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats — August 21, 2013 @ 1:02 pm

LOOOVE the buzzfeed article on DJ and Kimmy!!! I may or may not have shared it with everyone I know. Oops. Also I looked up the chalkboard nail kit and read a good review of it online (I was curious to see what it was like in person). Here’s the link if you’re interested: http://www.beautyloversnotes.com/2013/04/review-ciate-chalkboard-manicure.html

1. Pingback: Tuesday Things. | How Sweet It Is