1. How many sprinkles can one handle? That is the question. I was such an instagram [insert promiscuous, offensive word here] all last week annnnnnd I took about 2000 photos just on my iPhone. I have photos for days.

2. Note: corn husks don’t really, ah… “work” in the garbage disposal. I learned this earlier in the summer yet tried again – why I have no idea. Laziness, I suppose. The thing is that now I can no longer make fun of my husband for putting banana PEELS in the garbage disposal. Yeah. That was fun.

3. These parmesan zucchini sliders? They are dinner. Flipping over them.

4. Can I talk about TV for a hot second? First up, the Homeland trailer. Freaking out, secretly and not so secretly. Second, Dexter. Now I’m just sort of annoyed. With only a few episodes left I feel like they keep introducing new (but old) crap and just so much is going on and I’m confused and how will they wrap this up so I am satisfied? Third, I know I mentioned last Tuesday how much I love shark week, and well… I used to. But now? It was just, like, all shark week reality shows. What’s real and what’s fake? Come on people, I want to be scared out of my mind. And I’m still blowing through the West Wing. Can’t deal. I’m so invested in that show and feel like it’s real life and think the characters are my friends. I desperately need to get it together.

5. After, um, basically not unpacking my suitcase in June and living out of makeshift toiletry bags (read: ziplock) that sat on my stairs for 4 weeks, I immediately unpacked when I returned home on Sunday and now feel the need to do a giant closet purge. One can only have so many denim vests/jackets/token 80s pieces.

6. I definitely spent over 30 minutes studying this which ryan gosling character are you thing.

7. I’m in the midst of a naan obsession. Like I just want to eat everything on naan and dip naan into everything. Also going through a blueberry phase. I unapologetically have to say you will feel the brunt of this.

8. Remember when I talked about wanting the chalkboard nail set? Apparently Revlon is coming out with a version and well… it pretty much made my month.

9. Just going to put it out there: I am ready for things like apple cider scented candles and dark nail polish. Not going to give in though. Gonna live up the last few weeks of neon everything and everything fresh tomatoes. As a side note, why do I love tomatoes but not tomato sauce? Riddle me that.

44 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Amanda — August 13, 2013 @ 1:24 pm

But who wouldn’t want to date Robe Lowe’s character and be besties with CJ Cregg?!

Sarah — August 13, 2013 @ 1:27 pm

Naan is AMAZING!!!!!! you’re right it’s perfect as a dipper instead of chips or crackers, ahhhhh

Averie @ Averie Cooks — August 13, 2013 @ 1:34 pm

Those sprinkles – love them! Want!

Blueberry phase. I made like 10 bb recipes in June/July after months and months of zero. I can totally relate to that one!

Naan – it’s on my list of to-make things when I get home from our trip!

Leanne — August 13, 2013 @ 1:37 pm

Sam Seaborn is the greatest! I worked for a member of congress for six years, and I can honestly say that every.man.on.the.Hill thinks of himself as Josh Lyman. Dude inspired like two generations of politicos (so far).

I for one am SUPER excited about the blueberries and naan. Bring it!

• Jessica — August 13th, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

this makes me want to change careers.

• joelle (on a pink typewriter) — August 13th, 2013 @ 8:06 pm

Haha I used to work on the Hill too and have to agree. “Bring me the finest bagels and muffins in the land!”

Katriel — August 13, 2013 @ 1:37 pm

umm I love naan. I probably go out to eat indian food like once every year or something, and everytime i do, I remember how much I love it and crave naan and curry the rest of the month, and then get distracted by chocolate.
    I think I’ll be needing some naan in the near future.

Alexandra — August 13, 2013 @ 1:40 pm

I am glad you have blueberry recipes coming because we bought so many at the farmers market last week that I don’t know where to start.

Korrie — August 13, 2013 @ 1:41 pm

Just this morning (as a part of a larger conversation) I ask my coworker if they remember when that kid shot his teacher and his parents sent him to Italy and Italy wouldn’t extradite him because Georgia still has the death penalty?!?!?!?!?! Then I realized that this was just a West Wing plot line and not real life. errrr. whoops?

ami@naivecookcooks — August 13, 2013 @ 1:46 pm

You are so funny!

Belinda @themoonblushbaker — August 13, 2013 @ 1:47 pm

oh Indian foods?? I am excited! what new flavours will you bring to the table. Ever since you blogged about that nail set I have been yearning for my own too! Hope they come to Australia!

Hillary — August 13, 2013 @ 1:54 pm

I totally agree with #9. I may or may not have already purchased (but not used) my fall candle and am rocking a dark nail polish.

Kristina — August 13, 2013 @ 1:55 pm

I am wearing a dark shade on my nails for the first time of the … season? *sigh* I am ready too. for scarves and boots and cider and cool evenings and hayrides (yep) and pumpkins on the porch and corn maze and cider and cocoa and cider and…

oh.

• Jessica — August 13th, 2013 @ 1:55 pm

you are so speaking my language.

• Peezy — August 14th, 2013 @ 5:26 pm

I dream about Fall at night lately.. I am so ready for FALL!!!

Tara Wardlow — August 13, 2013 @ 2:13 pm

I was obsessed with Friday Night Lights. I drove everyone nuts! Have you watched that yet?

• Kimberly — August 14th, 2013 @ 11:24 am

Me too! I’ve watched the entire series twice. Best show ever. And I miss the characters like I knew them and want them back in my life. And Becky on Dexter- sorry- she’s still Becky to me!

Katie @ Veggie and the Beast — August 13, 2013 @ 2:21 pm

OMG those sprinkles. I want to dive into that cone headfirst.

Megan — August 13, 2013 @ 2:25 pm

Thanks for the zucchini burg love!

And for some reason naan reminds me of Will Smith… Gettin’ jiggy with it. Naan naan naan naan naan.

But mostly I love naan too! I want oven-wiches on it always!

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) — August 13, 2013 @ 2:54 pm

There’s no such thing as too many sprinkles. Especially rainbow. Never let anyone try to convince you otherwise. ;)

Courtney — August 13, 2013 @ 3:07 pm

So agree about the Shark Week thing. Remember when Discovery/History/TLC/Animal Planet used to show actually informative programming, and not just Gold Hunter Fishermen Pageant Amish Ghost Mysteries?

Nina — August 13, 2013 @ 3:11 pm

Super excited for Fall! I need my sweaters, boots, dark nail polish, bonfires bright colored leaves and pumpkin spice lattes :) And to your riddle…here’s another side….My husband hates raw tomatoes but will devour spaghetti with sauce and he has no explanation for why this is…

j lynn — August 13, 2013 @ 3:43 pm

uhhh, true blood talk?! hello?! where is ERIC?

Casey — August 13, 2013 @ 3:43 pm

My husband was always giving me a hard time about everything I put down our garbage disposal. Once, when he was out for a run, I put lettuce or celery (can’t remember which one) down the garbage disposal and had a huge mess. It was clogged and making strange noises. I googled clogged garbage disposals and ran around like a maniac trying to get it fixed before my husband returned. Turns out, you have to plunge the OTHER side of the sink…not the side that has the disposal. Worked like a charm.

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — August 13, 2013 @ 4:29 pm

I’m with ya on the cider…and all things fall (especially cooler weather and my boots!). But I’m enjoying the heck out the fruits, veggies and all that is awesome about summer while I can!!!

Kim @ AdventuresInANew(ish)CIty — August 13, 2013 @ 4:48 pm

1) Just as corn husks do not mix well with garbage disposals, corn cobs (sans corn) do not mix well with dogs. Mine got into the trashcan like a magician (as our trashcan has a lid) got a whole cob out, AND ATE IT when we weren’t looking. The vet says he’s fine, but let’s just say, some of the after-affects of what happened were none too pleasant.

2) Tomatoes are one of those weird vegetables (fruits?). I grew up HATING them my entire life – Wouldn’t even eat most ketchups, pizzas, and pasta sauces. Then one day my freshman year of college my friend Jenny gave me a bite of her chicken salad sandwich from the dining hall. I didn’t know it had tomatoes on it. This was 10 years ago, and to this day, I think it is one of the best things I’ve ever tasted. And all of a sudden I loved all things tomato. It still baffles my parents!

Lindsay — August 13, 2013 @ 5:02 pm

I can’t wait to start West Wing! Have you watched The Killing yet? It’s my new obsession.

Emily @ Life on Food — August 13, 2013 @ 5:34 pm

I cannot wait for Homeland!

joelle (on a pink typewriter) — August 13, 2013 @ 8:04 pm

That cone in your opening photo is killing me. Now I need ice cream and a heck of a lot of sprinkle-swirl action.

Also, I’m currently rewatching West Wing for probably the 8th time… obsessed (only fueled by the fact that I no longer live in D.C. as of recently).

Tieghan — August 13, 2013 @ 10:01 pm

I am kind of with on the fall thing…… I am ready for candles, pumpkin and cozy foods! But I got to stay in summer a little longer. I have too!

Just made homemade naan on Sunday. So good and so easy! I loved it!! Oh and I am totally obsessed with blueberries right now too!

Renee @ Awesome on $20 — August 14, 2013 @ 2:00 am

Ha, I like tomato sauce and not tomatoes. Go figure.

Jackie — August 14, 2013 @ 6:32 am

I think you like tomatoes and not tomato sauce for the same reason I like tomato sauce and not tomatoes!

Lori — August 14, 2013 @ 7:19 am

Why do I like tomato sauce but detest raw tomatoes?

• betty — August 14th, 2013 @ 8:59 am

i’m the same! I can eat cherry tomatoes sparingly

Mia Dumont — August 14, 2013 @ 8:15 am

Wednesday riddling around tomatoes: various possibilities

Maybe you like nothing but the real thing
    Maybe it comes from your phobea around veggies
    Surely, original taste changes when made into a sauce
    You don’t like smashy stuff

Food for thought…

betty — August 14, 2013 @ 8:58 am

mmmm i’m ready for some hard cider on a cool night. the temp almost feels like fall in va, this morning, makes me want it that much more.. i’m over summer. sorry i’m not sorry.

Jessica — August 14, 2013 @ 10:14 am

I am glad I am not the only one who does not unpack all the way. That made me snort. Did much better this last time, but I am still working out of bags on my bathroom counter. Why?????

Stephanie — August 14, 2013 @ 1:07 pm

THANK YOU for posting the link to the Homeland trailer…I had not seen it yet….so excited.
    Sadly, mournfully, horrifically I just moved to a new area with a new cable company that is currently not carrying Showtime (battle over $$) so I’ve lost Dexter :( Hopefully, only temporarily.

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — August 14, 2013 @ 1:48 pm

Ok 1. I love your sprinkle shots. Totally get me every time.
    2. I did the corn husks in the disposal thing recently too…and just shrugged and acted like I did nothing wrong as it made the most TERRIBLE sounds!!
    3. I’m Noah according to the Ryan character thingy! Score!
    Side note: holy sweet, melt my heart moment. Last night The Notebook was playing on TV. We didn’t turn it on, but my fiance was the one who pointed out that it was on TV (then he turned on the Godfather and I walked away). But, the words that came out of his mouth: “I’d do that for you.”
    Me: “Do what? Build me a house with blue shutters and a big porch??” yes, eager
    Him: “Well, no. But I meant I’d read to you. I’d come see you every day and read to you about us until you remembered.”
    Click. He changed the channel. My face melted into tears at hearing just the sweetest words ever. So…yeah, just had to share a Notebook moment with you!

Tiff — August 14, 2013 @ 7:51 pm

In response to #9: I’m the exact opposite when it comes to tomatoes. Love the sauce, hate fresh tomatoes! :)

ali — August 15, 2013 @ 7:27 am

i love fresh tomatoes…but not sauce as well….. cooking changes the taste, texture and acidity…… plus fresh tomatoes are just AMAZING!

Debi — August 17, 2013 @ 2:35 am

West Wing fanatic over here! I watched nothing but that show every day until I finished the entire series. I was so sad when I was finished…but I’m so excited about Homeland!!

Alissa — August 22, 2013 @ 10:41 am

I have to say I just discovered your blog this morning and have spent the last two hours (of work) laughing and pinning recipes. This is so great!

1. Pingback: Fun Facts Friday | Chasing Chels