Oh my cookies.

Chocolate Fudge Pistachio Thumbprints I howsweeteats.com

I’m taking my love affair with pistachios a little further and combining them with lots of gooey chocolate fudge. I KNOW.

This month, I’ve teamed up with Better Homes and Gardens to bring you a month full of cookies. This is just the beginning and each week, I’ll be sharing a recipe over on the Delish Dish. I’m taking some classic BHG cookie recipes and adding my own little spin on them, keeping the original recipe the same. I gotta say… this is one of my new favorite cookies. I’m telling you with certainty that it will be in the rotation for years.

I’m also pinning tons of delicious things as their guest pinner this month, and I’m already overwhelmed with everything else I want to make. Not fair.

Chocolate Fudge Pistachio Thumbprints I howsweeteats.com

If you’re a salty sweet person like me, this might just be your dream cookie. I haven’t been able to get enough of pistachios for months now, so it’s only natural that the first cookie I share in the holiday season is chock full of them. I’m talking, like… obnoxiously covered in pistachios. I used this exact recipe as the base of the cookie and simple rolled the dough in pistachios and filled the centers with ganache. You can find the ganache recipe I used over on the Delish Dish and it’s a miracle I am not swimming in it right now.

This is one of the only times I approve of nuts in my cookies. Oh! And the nuts aren’t even IN my cookies, so it doesn’t really count. They are just on the outside. The only way to be.

Chocolate Fudge Pistachio Thumbprints I howsweeteats.com

Plus they are green and pretty and festive. That counts for life points.

Chocolate Fudge Pistachio Thumbprints I howsweeteats.com

You can find the recipe right here in all it’s oooey gooey goodness. Filled to the brim with ganache. Gah!

[as a note: make sure to read through the BHG post as the recipe adaptions and link are actually written out in the post body, as opposed to a listed like i do it here on my site.]

51 Responses to “Chocolate Fudge Pistachio Thumbprints.”

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — December 8, 2013 @ 8:48 am

Congrats for teaming up with BHG! Your cookies look just amazing!! Going to check them out!

Brie @ Entrée the Giant — December 8, 2013 @ 9:02 am

BHG could not have picked a better cookie partner in crime! These look so good…and salty/sweet? That’s my jam.

Tracy | Pale Yellow — December 8, 2013 @ 9:16 am

I’ve never been a fan of thumbprints because I don’t really like jelly/jam, but CHOCOLATE! I’m in! Congrats!

Isabella @ Delicious & Fictitious — December 8, 2013 @ 9:41 am

These look amazing and I can’t wait to give them a try! But the linked site hasn’t actually posted the recipe?

• Jessica — December 8th, 2013 @ 9:52 am

the linked site has my adaptions written out in the post – then they link you to the original recipe. not sure why they do it this way, i think just so all of their recipes are kept in the same format, not in actual blog posts.

Linda — December 8, 2013 @ 9:47 am

SOS. There is no recipe posted on the link.

• Jessica — December 8th, 2013 @ 9:51 am

haha – in the post, i write out my adaptions of the recipe (it’s just how they do things) and there is a link to the original recipe where it’s printable, reviewed, etc. they don’t put the full recipe in their posts!

• Laura — December 10th, 2013 @ 2:45 pm

Hi Jessica!

These look amazing and I want to make them ASAP. I found your link to the original recipe but I still have a question on how you make it:

How do you make the chocolate ganache part?

Thanks!
        Laura

• Jessica — December 10th, 2013 @ 3:18 pm

hi laura! the ganache is written in the delish dish post – it’s 1/3 c heavy cream and 8 oz chocolate! pour the warmed cream over the chocolate and stir stir stir. :)

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — December 8, 2013 @ 10:13 am

Yum! I love the green of the pistachios — so pretty!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — December 8, 2013 @ 10:52 am

Is it wrong that I just want to gobble all those perfectly rolled chocolate balls right off that cookie sheet! They look so perfectly chomp-able :)

Laura — December 8, 2013 @ 11:21 am

I want to eat one now! I’m loving pistachios at the moment too. I clearly need another cup of coffee to find the recipe. I get the adaptations are in the post and modified from a linked recipe, but more caffeine is necessary to handle the rearranging!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — December 8, 2013 @ 11:21 am

Beautiful Jessica! Can’t wait for more delicious cookies this month. Go you!

Brittany — December 8, 2013 @ 12:38 pm

December = National Cookie Month! :)

These look absolutely delicious.

Ashley Bee @ Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine — December 8, 2013 @ 1:25 pm

My family loves pistachios! Maybe I’ll make these to bring home with me…

Ashley — December 8, 2013 @ 2:33 pm

These look OUTstanding. Holy moly.

Maureen | Orgasmic Chef — December 8, 2013 @ 4:37 pm

All this gooey goodness will be mine today! Yay!

Mallory @ Because I Like Chocolate — December 8, 2013 @ 6:43 pm

Pistachios and chocolate are a perfect combo for Christmas!

Molly @ Yes to Yolks — December 8, 2013 @ 7:09 pm

These look great! I love pistachios. I’m totally against nuts in my baked goods, but these are an exception given that the nuts are on the outside :)

dervla — December 8, 2013 @ 7:12 pm

congrats on the BHG partnership, J! Love the salty sweet combo (for everything really)

Monica — December 8, 2013 @ 7:48 pm

These cookies are gorgeous – the pistachios are so perfect. I have to try this – I’m a big fan of nuts in baked goods myself. : )

Michelle — December 8, 2013 @ 8:23 pm

These look so amazing- I may actually put aside my rule of no nuts in cookies! But you did point out they are on the outside!

Molly @ Bakelette — December 8, 2013 @ 10:40 pm

Oh goodness these look delicious! Great for Christmas, but versatile enough for year round! Got to add these to my holiday baking list!

Whitney @ The Newlywed Chefs — December 8, 2013 @ 11:57 pm

If Santa brought me a box of these delicious cookies, I’d be set. Yum!

Becca @ Crumbs — December 9, 2013 @ 4:08 am

Aw these are so cute! Imagine them with dried cranberries in the middle, they would look so festive!

Holly Botner — December 9, 2013 @ 7:06 am

I have a love of thumbprint cookies too. I came up with this version: http://jitterycook.com/2013/09/29/new-age-birds-nest-cookies/ so different. Less decadent, still great!

Debbie — December 9, 2013 @ 11:07 am

Please submit the recipe.

• Jessica — December 10th, 2013 @ 3:16 pm

hi debbie – the recipe is this one that is linked above and on the site: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/chocolaty-caramel-thumbprints/
      i just use pistachios instead of pecans and ganache instead of caramel. everything is exactly the same. the ganache recipe i use is over on the delish dish – 1/3 c heavy cream and 8oz chocolate!

collette — December 9, 2013 @ 1:10 pm

So now that I had to see both recipes I think I want to make both kinds!!!! YUM!! Not a jelly/jam girl myself, but nuts, chocolate or caramel, or all of the above! Sign me up!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — December 9, 2013 @ 2:29 pm

I’m a total (Talenti) Pistachio addict too! NEED these!
    And can I just point out and say congratulations because it is amazing that you get to do this for BHG!

Deb — December 9, 2013 @ 5:56 pm

I’ve gone back and forth between both sites and there is no recipe. Please post!

• Jessica — December 10th, 2013 @ 3:16 pm

hi deb! the recipe is this one that is linked above and on the site: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/chocolaty-caramel-thumbprints/
      i just use pistachios instead of pecans and ganache instead of caramel! everything else is exactly the same. the ganache recipe i use is over on the delish dish – 1/3 c heavy cream and 8oz chocolate!

Larry — December 9, 2013 @ 9:28 pm

I want to eat all of them. ALL OF THEM.

Maggie — December 10, 2013 @ 1:09 am

The recipe wasn’t on the site. Can you post it?

• Jessica — December 10th, 2013 @ 3:15 pm

hi maggie – the recipe is this one that is linked above and on the site: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/chocolaty-caramel-thumbprints/
      i just use pistachios instead of pecans and ganache instead of caramel! the ganache recipe i use is over on the delish dish – 1/3 c heavy cream and 8oz chocolate!

Becky — December 10, 2013 @ 10:10 am

This looks fabulous….totally worth looking at 2 recipes and figuring it out! I’m NOT a baker, but willing to do it when necessary….LOL! I think I’ll give these a try for the Cookie Swap I’ve been invited to. Wish me luck and thanks for sharing this with us!

Candice and Sonia — December 10, 2013 @ 4:06 pm

Yummy!! I made some delicious pb&J thumb print cookies that look very similair! I’ll have to try these out as well :)

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — December 10, 2013 @ 5:33 pm

These look killer, love the pistachio and fudge combo!

School Cookie Cutters — December 12, 2013 @ 5:52 am

I love the chocolate / pistachio combination – it’s one of my favorites this time of the year! These cookies look and sound delicious!

Chantel — December 14, 2013 @ 5:01 pm

Just made these and I think I’m going to have to make a few more batches in order to get them to work on Monday!! DELISH!

Sadie — December 14, 2013 @ 8:26 pm

What type of pistachios did you use? Raw ? roasted salted? Thanks!

• Jessica — December 16th, 2013 @ 10:27 pm

i used roasted and salted, but i really think you can use whatever you’d like! totally depends on your preference.

Emily @ Life on Food — December 15, 2013 @ 1:36 pm

I can only imagine how good these would be. I cannot wait to whip some up to be sure. i saw these on Pinterest and it was love at first sight.

Lisa [With Style & Grace] — December 16, 2013 @ 12:54 pm

oh goodness. we’re having the same love affair with pistachios. I want these!

Becky — December 16, 2013 @ 2:48 pm

I saw these cookies in an article an article from the Huffington Post about the 40 best Christmas cookies and they look great! I have followed 5 or 6 hyperlinks in the article (and in linked blogs and websites) trying to find the recipe. Nothing is working! I keep seeing pictures and descriptions, but no ingredients list or step-by-step directions to follow. Help!

gigi ravina — December 18, 2013 @ 2:10 pm

Hi jessica! Love this recipe!! But I dont know why my biscuits cant form a well in the middle after me thumbing it. It goes back to being flat again. Ate them anyway as they are so delicious!

1. Pingback: White Chocolate Lemon Butter Cookies. | How Sweet It Is