I’m choosing lemon over chocolate today. Things are nuts.

white chocolate lemon butter cookies I howsweeteats.com

This is the second recipe I’m sharing for the month of cookies over at Better Homes and Gardens, and I can say that my lemon obsession is back with a vengeance. For this cookie, I used this tangerine butter cookie recipe and simply swapped the tangerine with lemon and threw in about 1/2 cup of white chocolate chunks. I’m so hooked.

white chocolate lemon butter cookies I howsweeteats.com

These cookies have a new-to-me cookie ingredient inside of them and that’s white cornmeal. I can’t even believe how chewy it makes these guys and I could not stay away. They have been added to my ever-growing list, that’s for sure. Don’t even know what I’m going to do with myself.

white chocolate lemon butter cookies I howsweeteats.com

I know things were a little confusing last week with the chocolate pistachio cookies since the recipes are shared differently than I do here on my site. All month, I’m taking a classic BHG cookie recipe and putting my own spin on it. The original recipe will always be linked here and in the BHG post, and the (very simple) changes I make are shared in their post as well, paragraph style. For these beauties, it’s just an easy switch of lemon and the addition of white chocolate. Nothing crazy, just crazy delicious.

white chocolate lemon butter cookies I howsweeteats.com

You can find these little gems over here, and now I’m gonna go eat about four more for breakfast.

30 Responses to “White Chocolate Lemon Butter Cookies.”

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — December 15, 2013 @ 8:05 am

Pretty! I always love when people bring lemon cookies to parties, since I rarely bake them myself (no idea why)! Love these.

Lily @ Life, Love, and Cupcakes — December 15, 2013 @ 8:13 am

These look wonderful! I made a key lime white chocolate chip cookie a couple week ago and loved the flavors but didn’t love the texture of the cookie…I’m going to have to try this recipe with lime, because it looks perfect!

Ashley @ Snow Cream and Syrup — December 15, 2013 @ 8:37 am

Yum – I had never thought to combine white chocolate and lemon, but that sounds amazing. And little button-shaped cookies are perfect :)

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — December 15, 2013 @ 11:04 am

The white chocolate and lemon combo sounds fantastic! Off to check them out!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — December 15, 2013 @ 11:05 am

That’s awesome that you are posting for BHG! I am going to pin it from there! These look incredible and those toothpick shots are fab!

And lemon over chocolate, yes, but white chocolate is it’s own amazingness! :)

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — December 15, 2013 @ 12:08 pm

Yum! These look so cute & delicious!

ATasteOfMadness — December 15, 2013 @ 12:35 pm

Wow. I’m not sure if I would choose lemon over chocolate, but I might if the lemon was in the form of these cookies! These look great!

ShineyWiney — December 15, 2013 @ 2:45 pm

I love anything that is lemon! Looks scrumptious!! ^^

Bonnie — December 15, 2013 @ 2:53 pm

Yum! Am I missing how much olive oil you put in?

• Jessica — December 16th, 2013 @ 10:27 pm

the recipe calls for 3/4 cup – that’s what i used!

Mariah and Coty@quirksandtwists — December 15, 2013 @ 2:55 pm

Love how dainty these are! Delicious combo!

jennifer — December 15, 2013 @ 8:12 pm

lemon over chocolate? i don’t know you anymore…

Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness — December 16, 2013 @ 7:45 am

These are SO PRETTY! Plus lemon and white chocolate is such an amazing combination. What a perfect cookie..yum!

Alyson @ Miss Strawberry Cupcake — December 16, 2013 @ 12:29 pm

These look absolutely delicious! This is one of my favorite flavor combinations, plus they are so cute! Thanks for sharing this yummy looking recipe!

Cheryl Newton — December 16, 2013 @ 1:09 pm

Hello, Jessica!
    As if you need another question about this recipe … did you use orange extract as in the original BHG recipe or did you swap it for lemon extract, since you went all lemon on us?
    Thanks,
    Cheryl

• Jessica — December 16th, 2013 @ 10:27 pm

lemon extract! everything that called for tangerine, i swapped lemon. :)

Cate @ Chez CateyLou — December 16, 2013 @ 1:15 pm

These look delicious, and so pretty! They look like sand dollars!

Purelytwins — December 16, 2013 @ 1:25 pm

LOVE LEMON COOKIES!! these look perfect

Alaina — December 16, 2013 @ 3:58 pm

:-O I love lemon baked goods! This is now added to my recipe book.

Margaret — December 17, 2013 @ 12:22 am

Great recipe! I used grated peel from a whole lemon and 1 cup of white chocolate chips. I also used about half walnut oil because my olive oil was extra vigiin. Got to try tangerine next-white chocolate is de rigueur!

carla — December 17, 2013 @ 12:40 am

I love lemon pastries! This looks so good and too cute for words.

Xucashoes — December 17, 2013 @ 7:49 am

umh…want to eat it. I love anything that is lemon

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — December 17, 2013 @ 12:00 pm

I have not tried out white cornmeal yet, but I have been dreaming of a lemon and white chocolate dessert for quite some time. Way to come to my rescue.

Alexe @ Keys to the Cucina — December 17, 2013 @ 3:38 pm

Yummy what could be better than lemon AND butter, best combo out there:)

Arthur in the Garden! — December 18, 2013 @ 8:17 pm

Perfect timing as i just purchased a bag of lemons!

Larry — December 19, 2013 @ 2:00 pm

I need some milk.

Aleesha Banks — December 20, 2013 @ 1:00 am

Wow, these look amazing! I have copied down the recipe to give them a go. Can’t wait to try them :)

Lauren — December 21, 2013 @ 7:13 pm

Making these right now! They smell good! I love love lemon so hoping they turn out good!!

Laurie — February 10, 2014 @ 1:28 pm

I made these cookies last week. I was worried about the Olive Oil and how it would affect the smell/taste. It was not a problem! However, I did have an issue with the Corn Meal. I felt that it made the cookies grainy. Anyone else?

1. Pingback: White Chocolate Lemon Butter Cookies | What2Makes