Hello part 2 of my mason jar crafts!

DIY Glittery Winter White Mason Jars I howsweeteats.com

This isn’t anything too different, just my second take on the painted + glittered mason jars. I’m such a winter white freak that I had to go that route. These are a few of the other ones I made… I seriously don’t know who I am right now.

DIY Glittery Winter White Mason Jars I howsweeteats.com

I used the exact same method as I did for the metallic jars, but used different shades of spray paint and glitter. I wanted to have two shades of white for a little dimension, so I went with one Krylon spray paint in almond and another one in ivory. I did half the jars in one shade and half in the other. The combo is perfect.

I do suggest spraying the outsides with some sort of adhesive or going over the glitter edges with mod podge so it doesn’t come flying off when the jars and moved. Glitter explosion.

DIY Glittery Winter White Mason Jars I howsweeteats.com

I attempted a few different glitters on these jars – more flaked and iridescent glitter than just the fine, regular glitter. I have to say that those ones didn’t really work out. They just sort of looked like… junk. I think it’s because the edges never seemed completely straight since the glitter was flaked. Just my two cents.

DIY Glittery Winter White Mason Jars I howsweeteats.com

I definitely preferred the fine glitter and I love it in ALL colors with the white. The ones in the photos show a white gold glitter, a traditional gold glitter and a rose quartz glitter. I also did a few with a mint glitter, a lavender one and a light blue. I simply threw some flowers in the jars that I already had from Michaels, but I definitely want more winter white branches and leaves inside. I found the glittery white LED branches at Pat Catan’s and they are by far my favorite thing. They are so warm and inviting.

You’re seeing a photo of this up on our little mantle and while it’s okay there, currently I have it in the center of our dining room table. I placed the jars in a cluster on a tray and piled mint and lavender Christmas ornaments around it. I LOVE IT.

DIY Glittery Winter White Mason Jars I howsweeteats.com

Okay, I’m done with jars for now. I have to be before they take over my house.

24 Responses to “DIY Glittery Winter White Mason Jars.”

Rachael P. from Texas — December 9, 2013 @ 5:12 pm

Love! They’re beautiful. Mason jars are my favorite, and well … with sparkles. This is totally going to be my next weekend project.

Erin — December 9, 2013 @ 5:16 pm

This is a silly question, but did you find Mason jars that don’t say “Ball” on the side, or are they just turned around so that I see the flat side?

• Jessica — December 9th, 2013 @ 5:19 pm

yes! the one on the left doesn’t say ball. i can sometimes find the plain ones at pat catan’s – it can be hit or miss though.

Bonnie — December 9, 2013 @ 5:29 pm

Beautiful!!! What brand is your favorite glitter from? Sorry if you’ve already mentioned it…

• Bonnie — December 9th, 2013 @ 5:32 pm

Oops, just saw it was the Martha Stewart brand :)

Katie — December 9, 2013 @ 5:40 pm

Look at YOU. So crafty. I love these!

jaclyn — December 9, 2013 @ 7:29 pm

I’m terrible with DIYs but these are beautiful! Maybe I will stop being lazy and give them a shot hahah

Olviya@servingsisters.com — December 9, 2013 @ 7:45 pm

These jars are fabulous! I love the colors you chose! Thanks for sharing.

Mrs. Kinne — December 9, 2013 @ 8:50 pm

I am not super crafty, but I want to make a whole house full of these!

Heather — December 9, 2013 @ 9:57 pm

Um, I am so jealous of your crafting streak. I need to get my rear in gear and do something fun like these!

Sues — December 9, 2013 @ 10:14 pm

These are ridiculously gorgeous!!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — December 9, 2013 @ 11:03 pm

I might love these even more than the first mirror ones! And those light branches are my favorite!

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — December 9, 2013 @ 11:24 pm

So cute!

Chrstine — December 10, 2013 @ 3:12 am

it’s so beautiful. Love it! After reading your last post I went to the next craft store and bought some golden spray. I had so much fun after I realized that I also sprayed the color on my floor. Anyway thank you so much for sharing maybe I will also buy some white one and glitter.

Ayesha — December 10, 2013 @ 7:13 am

Lovely DIY jars!! I’ve done a post on how to make a DIY, christmassy flower headband…. http://kitchensmitten.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/diy-flower-headband-a-christmas-gift/

sally @ sallys baking addiction — December 10, 2013 @ 10:07 am

I loved round one, but I’m seriously swooning over this batch Jessica. All the glitter!

Colleen — December 10, 2013 @ 11:13 am

LOVE!!! Ugh, I could never, ever do this, but I really want to try!

1. Pingback: Bean Bytes 68

2. Pingback: 21 Fun Ways To Have A Fancy And Delicious New Year’s Eve #Buzzfeed | National Cubicles

3. Pingback: 21 Fun Ways To Have A Fancy And Delicious New Year’s Eve | Stash Feed

4. Pingback: 装飾的でうまい大晦日を持つ21の楽しい方法 | 健康一番!!ビタミンの上手な取り方とダイエット!夏まで5キロ目標に(^O^)

5. Pingback: 装飾的でうまい大晦日を持つ21の楽しい方法 | 男は美味しいご飯に弱い!最新モテ料理・肉料理! 女子は必見!

6. Pingback: 装飾的でうまい大晦日を持つ21の楽しい方法 | アメリカ最新美味しい~食事!こんな新しいメニュー見たことない!

7. Pingback: 装飾的でうまい大晦日を持つ21の楽しい方法 | アメリカ最新美味しい~食事!こんな新しいメニュー見たことない!