I’m gettin’ one last cookie in under the wire for you.

mocha coconut crinkles I howsweeteats.com

This is the final cookie I’m sharing over at Better Homes and Gardens and it combines two things I totally adore.

Mocha

Coconut

Fabulous. Ness.

Here’s how it went down: I used this chocolate crinkle cookie recipe. I added a 1/3 cup of unsweetened, shredded coconut to the dough. You can totally use sweetened. Do your thing. I also added 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract. I consumed approximately three tablespoons of dough before telling myself I needed to get a grip. I chilled the dough for an hour. THIS WAS DIFFICULT.

I added another handful of shredded coconut to the cocoa-sugar mixture that you roll the dough balls in.

mocha coconut crinkles I howsweeteats.com

The coconut looks like wood chips. I promise it’s not.

I baked these cute little crinkles and went crazy. So chewy! I’m loving the chewiness of chocolate cookies right now.

And you guys know I’m just a little obsessed with the mocha coconut combo. I’ve made mocha coconut cupcakes, mocha coconut fudge and even attempted my own mocha coconut iced coffees. I don’t know if I should love or hate Starbucks for introducing me to the addictive mess.

mocha coconut crinkles I howsweeteats.com

You know what else is a fantastic idea?

Drizzling some melted coconut butter over top. I didn’t go the extra mile, but you probably should. Mocha coconut mouth explosion.

mocha coconut crinkles I howsweeteats.com

More deets over on the delish dish! These… knocked me out.

25 Responses to “Mocha Coconut Crinkles.”

Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness — December 22, 2013 @ 7:53 am

So glad you shared this in time for one last Christmas baking extravaganza! I have never had mocha and coconut together but they are dang delish separately..I can only imagine what they’re flavour baby tastes like! Cookies that required chilled dough are always crazy chewy and insanely good. Pinned!

Sufyan — December 22, 2013 @ 10:23 am

My Uncle Luke recently got Mercedes M-Class Diesel by part-time working online at home… go to this web-site…xurl.es/q8kzy

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — December 22, 2013 @ 10:37 am

Yay! Another cookie is always a good idea. This one looks great!

Alice // Hip Foodie Mom — December 22, 2013 @ 10:43 am

Mocha + coconut is a winner in my book too!! checking out the recipe now!

Cori — December 22, 2013 @ 10:46 am

Not sure if you would want it, but I have a recipe for cookies that are similar to crinkle cookies but so so so much better. Every time I make them, EVERY TIME, people freak out and ask for the recipe…or, for more cookies. Usually just more cookies. I’ve made them for the last 10 years since I got the recipe from my friend’s mom in middle school. I think they would be your new favorite.

Lily @ Life, Love, and Cupcakes — December 22, 2013 @ 10:46 am

Love the combo of chocolate and coconut, this sounds like a winner!! Hoping I have some shredded coconut in the fridge right now :D

Layla @ Brunch Time Baker — December 22, 2013 @ 11:28 am

This recipe is perfect for the holidays! What a great combo :)

sally @ sallys baking addiction — December 22, 2013 @ 11:29 am

Mocha and coconut makes me weak at the knees. And the hour or two that I chill cookie dough is always the longest hour of the day!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — December 22, 2013 @ 1:43 pm

Mocha, coconut, cookies. Sign me up! Pinned! They look so crinkly and perfect!

I have the plate in the Anthro pattern as the mug you used (great styling idea) but I think I’ve only used it once b/c I bought this huge size, not sure what I was thinking. And it looks ridic big in all pics. Your mug idea was way smarter :)

Caitlin @ Oceanic Stars — December 22, 2013 @ 4:14 pm

Oooh these sound delicious!!

Mallory @ Because I Like Chocolate — December 22, 2013 @ 6:21 pm

No! Not the last cookie recipe! Way to end with a bang!

Christy@SweetandSavoring — December 22, 2013 @ 7:47 pm

Anything with chocolate and coconut sounds incredible to me! Your photos are gorgeous- you really captured the texture perfectly :)

Hayley — December 22, 2013 @ 10:08 pm

These look absolutely incredible!! I think we will definitely be making these in the next two days to take along to the Christmas festivities!

Lady ID — December 23, 2013 @ 5:25 am

Those look so moist and chewy!!!

Emily @ Life on Food — December 23, 2013 @ 6:38 am

Wholly crap these look like one fine cookie!

Pari — December 23, 2013 @ 9:54 am

Hi, it looks delicious for sure, I want some :-) Thanx for sharing it with us !

angela@spinachtiger — December 23, 2013 @ 11:13 am

I’m thinking I love the size of these goodies as they fit into that really cute mug.

Danielle — December 23, 2013 @ 12:00 pm

These look amazing! I have a question though. Looking at the recipe, it says, “Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Shape each ball into a 1 1/2-inch log.” I’m a little confused since the cookies look round. Are you supposed to shape them into a elongated “log” shape? (but the cookies still turn out round?)

• Jessica — December 23rd, 2013 @ 2:26 pm

you totally can shape them into the log, i just skipped that step! i found it unnecessary. but if you want to add some shape to your cookie tray, then go for it. :)

Kristie P — December 23, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

ALL. THE. THINGS. You had me at Mocha Coconut. And thanks for linking the other mocha coconut recipes. I die. I think I gained 10 pounds reading about these.

Cate @ Chez CateyLou — December 23, 2013 @ 2:06 pm

Coconut and chocolate is the best combo! I bet the coffee tastes just amazing in there too! What a delicious recipe!

Dakota — December 23, 2013 @ 7:13 pm

Love the mug! where is it from?

Carla — December 29, 2013 @ 11:12 pm

I am a huge coffee fanatic plus a little obsessed with coconut lately, so pass me that mug of cookies.

Mercedes — December 30, 2013 @ 12:29 pm

Chocolate and coconut is also a favorite combination of mine and your cookies look so soft, thick and chewy!

1. Pingback: Cool Links For Cool People | Authors Winter Wonderland