Tuesday Things.

tuesday things I howsweeteats.com

1. That’s one of the Bergdorf windows in NYC annnnnnd don’t you just want to live inside of it? I know. I KNOW!

2. I can’t even handle the gorgeousness of these snow caramels. Stunning. So winter white!

3. Every year I can never figure out what to buy my husband for Christmas. This year, I can’t STOP buying him things. It was the easiest thing in the world for some reason, except now his presents are overtaking my car.

4. My life would not be nearly as funny or sane with Bev in it. For a gigantic giggle, please read this post. Even if you can’t relate to it, it’s out of control.

5. Even though we rarely go to the movies, there are about a million out I want to see. Starting with American Hustle. J Law for life.

6. If you’re a nutso 90s Lisa Frank fan like I am, my friend Rachel sent me this super interesting article on her. Glitter unicorns and neon rainbows and all.

7. As soon as I hit publish on this post, I’m about to delete over 20K photos from my computer. Backed up, of course. This whole process requires like ten glasses of wine though. It’s quite scary. I don’t even really care about my photos (terrible, I know) but what if, like, someday I need a picture of some chocolate crumbs shaped into a heart and covered with sprinkles at the drop of a hat? Problems.

8. Let’s talk about the big pink elephant (almost literally?) in the room, aka the sorbet I posted on Friday. Um, you guys. First off, I was HOWLING with laughter at your comments. Second, I seriously never thought it looked like that, which is insane because I am fairly immature. Even more insane is that my husband who has the mind of a 12-year old boy didn’t see it either until the comments started rolling in. Whenever I get a chance, I may reshoot the photos, but it won’t be for a few weeks. By the way, the sorbet is really delicious.

9. Let’s also talk about Homeland. Dubayuu tee eff. I knew it was coming, but they better be able to pull something amazing off to make this show come back. I am so annoyed that Saul and Carrie never addressed her situation – before or at the end of the episode. Makes no sense. Still love Saul though. Give me more Quinn please. Oh, also, I’ve been over Grey’s for a few years now (at least until their gut wrenching finales every Spring) but I still watch as background noise while doing busy work like editing photos. I kinda hate what they’ve been doing with Meredith and Cristina. Just… no.

10. I know that at least three or four times a year I share some autocorrects on tuesday things, but I was (again) legit dying over these funniest ones from 2013. Why don’t these ever get old?! (Or maybe the do and I’m just a child.)

32 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Rachel Cooks — December 17, 2013 @ 4:21 pm

I love your Tuesday posts — and Bev’s post? Oh my gosh I love that woman. I was dying!

betty — December 17, 2013 @ 4:24 pm

greys. so stupid. I’ve been such a huge fan since day one, but last season and this season have just pissed me off. I barely pay attention to it, as well, now. scandal and parenthood ftw.

Larissa — December 17, 2013 @ 4:30 pm

Grey’s KILLS me! WTF is a winter finale????? Why must I wait until February 27th to find out if what’s her face marries Matthew or says she loves Jackson? Why can’t I remember her name? Hmmm. And what does Derek say to the freaking President of the United States? Does he say no? To the President? Really? And does that mean that Mer and Der and Zola and Bailey are moving to Washington, D.C. or somewhere? End of show? WTF??? I hate it hate it hate it.
    That is all. Well, not really. I’m not over it. I just want it to go back to the way it was when it was really good. Oh and get rid of the whiny blond girl who thinks she’s in love with Arizona. I mean really. Can’t stand her. And that creepy guy who’s trying to be Cristina. Again with the names? That’s how much I don’t like these characters. Murphy! That’s the blond. Oh, and Jackson’s girlfriend – don’t like her either. I do like Alex’s woman, though. Ok. I’m done stealing your comment section now. Promise. and sorry. Merry Christmas!!!!

• Vanessa — December 18th, 2013 @ 6:42 pm

I feel your pain with Grey’s. I about screamed when I saw Feb 27th! Ugh!!

Julia Kent @ The Domestic Blonde — December 17, 2013 @ 4:39 pm

Jessica, you are going to hate me for this question… but HOW do you backup your photos?
    Also… Bev rocks.

• Jessica — December 17th, 2013 @ 10:35 pm

haha not at all!
      i used external drives as well as carbonite, but i still have to be better about deleting photos i’m not using. for example, i may take 100 photos for a recipe and only use 8, but i rarely delete the others. BAD!

stacy — December 17, 2013 @ 4:55 pm

yeah i saw the sorbet freudian slip. i was like “does she know that looks like a thinger”. yes thinger is a word in my world. happy holidays – you’re the funniest chick i know, other than me :)

Chrissy — December 17, 2013 @ 5:03 pm

I saw the sorbet I was going to say something, but figured plenty of other people would point it out. :D

samantha — December 17, 2013 @ 5:04 pm

I’ve stopped watching Grey’s Anatomy 7 episodes ago. It’s just getting irritating and I seriously HATE what they’re doing to Mer and Christina too. They’re suppose to be BFFs, not mean girls as Mer said.

molly yeh — December 17, 2013 @ 5:12 pm

these are all fantastic, except i skipped over the homeland one because i only just last night finished the second season. i am so behind! but oh how i love that show.

that bergdorf window is TOO MUCH. and i need to go read that lisa frank article because…. who wasn’t obsessed with lisa frank back in the day??

thanks for the shout out, love! happy tuesday to you!

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles — December 17, 2013 @ 5:17 pm

OMG I am a huge Lisa Frank sticker collector! I have my sticker book still,, loaded with the original 80′s stickers all on their backings. I pride myself on my collection, still seek out the stickers I may be missing. and have some of the pictures of the stickers on my blog. Thanks for posting this article!

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — December 17, 2013 @ 5:21 pm

Oh my gosh, that Bergdorf window? Amazing!

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe — December 17, 2013 @ 6:22 pm

I saw a prescreening of American Hustle last night. My JL crush has increased x 1 million.

Sara @ Confectionary Tales — December 17, 2013 @ 8:32 pm

I hate what they’re doing to Mer and Christina too, but I think it’s part of the ploy since Christina is leaving the show at the end of this season. But still, seeing them only fighting is so sad

Averie @ Averie Cooks — December 17, 2013 @ 8:32 pm

I read Bev’s post and everything she said, was so insanely funny and spot on!

And “I’m about to delete over 20K photos from my computer” – holy moly. Deep breaths! Ive gotten a new big huge imac twice since I’ve been blogging b/c I filled one up and it was about 4 yrs old and so this past summer I got a new one and have been MUCH better about photo hoarding and deleting as I go. But yeah I’ve done those 10k lightroom dumps too. Scary! What are you using to back stuff up? I have to say, I’m very under-backed up. And the few times I’ve ever needed to access the stuff (I thought) was backed up, I couldn’t get use-able images out. Not trying to scare you at all….but if you’re using something you like, tell me more!

• Jessica — December 17th, 2013 @ 10:41 pm

i use the passport external drives for my mac! i also back up to carbonite… my file sizes for my blog images are fairly small though, so i keep some of those on my computer at all times.

Tracy — December 17, 2013 @ 10:04 pm

I was at work viewing the sorbet! I got a few comments. Cant wait to try !

DessertForTwo — December 17, 2013 @ 10:29 pm

Loved those autocorrects. They never get old! I can’t look at them around other people or they think I’m crazy because I’m crying while laughing.

What an interesting Lisa Frank article. A part of me kinda died. The 10-year old part of me. Sad. #unicorns4eva

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance — December 18, 2013 @ 1:18 am

I seriously died laughing at the motts applesauce autocorrect!

Amara — December 18, 2013 @ 1:39 am

lmfao. i totally had to go back to the sorbet post. HAHAH oh man. those comments are the best.
    #peen

but seriously i think i’m going to try to make it. just in a different presentation ;]

Jenna — December 18, 2013 @ 6:19 am

I’ll admit that I did have to check the comments on the sorbet post to check if other people were seeing what I was seeing. Mostly just the last pic before the recipe I think. I’m definitely going to make the sorbet though! Yum! (Although saying that it looks really good after what I just said does feel a bit wrong!) But, bright side, now you’ve given people catering for bachelorette parties some fresh presentation ideas! Haha

Rory Lazear — December 18, 2013 @ 7:04 am

Ok totally agree with Quinn … love love love him and I am also ticked that Saul & C never talked about her situation. As for Grey’s yup agree there too…… it is so annoying the two of them, but man do I love Avery!

HeatherChristo — December 18, 2013 @ 10:24 am

I am so obsessed with that window that I had to pin it and then drag down my husband and children to see it. I was just in NY but missed midtown, thank you for showing me the most important part- the bergdorf window!!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — December 18, 2013 @ 10:38 am

OMG All the penis comments crack me up! I thought the same thing but didn’t say anything! haha

Gina — December 18, 2013 @ 11:01 am

Bergdorfs window displays are insane. Have you seen the documentary Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorfs? It’s on Netflix, really worth checking out!

Barbara | Creative Culinary — December 18, 2013 @ 11:11 am

No 8? Yeah have to admit I was not seeing an elephant. :)

Grey’s? They are ‘supposed’ to be each other’s ‘person.’ Boy are they fickle. I still miss Mark aka McSteamy. Not been the same since he and his towel left.

Jenni — December 18, 2013 @ 5:29 pm

LOL my mind didn’t go there until I got to the last sorbet picture then went OMG… tee hee :)

And I totally should not have just read that funniest autocorrects in my work cubicle…it was so hard not to completely lose it on some of those!! Thx for sharing

Vanessa — December 18, 2013 @ 6:46 pm

Jennifer Lawrence is my “imaginary” best friend. LOVE her!

Nicole — December 19, 2013 @ 4:01 pm

Bergdorff’s window = love <3

PLEASE can we talk about Homeland? I literally can't stop talking about it with everyone I see its probably awkward but I'm so invested in this show. Every article says it's going down and that should've been the series finale but I don't agree at all. It can totally come back and be amazing again………right??!

Rose — December 20, 2013 @ 12:01 am

OMG.. The autocorrects..#9, 11, 12… Dying.
    (and if it makes you feel better, I’m 27 and both me and my bf laughed til we cried..)
    And J.Law.. is she even for real??Loveee her. She’s my role model. Who’s prob younger than me.. you might love this:

Jennifer S — December 20, 2013 @ 11:17 am

I am wondering how they are planning to continue Homeland. I mean, Brodie was the lifeblood of it. And they had that scene where Carrie and Saul hug, Brodie’s baby literally between them, and they never said anything. I stopped watching Grey’s a few episodes after the plane crash. It just became such a chore to watch and I was just like I have better things to do with my life. I’m sure I”ll go back and watch the episodes I’ve missed eventually, but I’m over it for now. I want a Quinn-Carrie hook up please!

Ashley @ Power, Love, and Self-Discipline — December 21, 2013 @ 8:11 am

Love the Bergdof window! I was just in the city Thurs and now I want to go back just to see the window!!