tuesday things I howsweeteats.com

1. I’m currently obsessed with the idea of painting thick mint strips on my wall. I can’t even paint on a piece of paper, let alone a wall.

2. How insanely gorgeous are these bubble gum cupcakes? I can’t even. So fun.

3. Um, this needs to happen in my life. Beyonce dance class. What what.

4. We ate lunch at Chipotle for, like, the first time in over a year (or more?) this past weekend and it was so good. I have literally wanted it for every meal since saturday afternoon. I’m using literally properly because it’s true.

5. I am so thrilled I no longer have to see or hear that creepy McDonald’s filet o’ fish commercial.

7. With lent being over, I went through a drive-thru yesterday to get iced coffee and promptly felt like I had taken some sort of drug.

8. I still thought this week’s episode of Mad Men was rather boring, I’m kind of BS watching Game of Thrones because there is nothing else on, I’m annoyed (just accidentally wrote “annoying,” I’m that too) that Nashville is doing some “concert” this week instead of a real show even though I’ll secretly love it and watch it three times and wish it was my real life and I’m really sad now that Cristina is leaving Grey’s soon and she’s one of the only reason’s I keep it on as background noise. I do love all your TV suggestions in the comments from last week though.

9. Okay this made me laugh out loud. 10 female shoes and what they are trying to say. Also, I just spelled it “femail.” WTF is wrong with me.

10. I am equal parts jealous and horrified at the crop tops that scream Kelly Kapowski all over the place right now. But mostly jealous.

50 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Angela — April 22, 2014 @ 10:07 am

The iced coffee at Starbucks is a drug. So good.

Miq — April 22, 2014 @ 10:15 am

Mad Men was a little boring this week…The end was sweet though. I too feel like I have no choice but to watch Game of Thrones. There is nothing good on tv anymore. Lots of Netflix action going on here.

samantha — April 22, 2014 @ 10:33 am

I CAN’T WAIT for the Jersey Boys Movie. I’m not sure which I’m more excited for, The Jersey Boys or Fifty Shades of Grey. Sooooooooo many good movies this Spring/Summer!!!!

Kristina @ Love & Zest — April 22, 2014 @ 11:08 am

Yes to Starbucks iced coffee!

EmilyBM — April 22, 2014 @ 11:09 am

I LITERALLY got goosebumps watching that Jersey Boys trailer!! I’m using it correctly, too, because it’s true. I have no idea how I did not know about this. Love love love the show and cannot wait to see the movie!!

betty — April 22, 2014 @ 11:15 am

hah! #9 made me laugh.

tinajo — April 22, 2014 @ 11:42 am

Paint the stripes – I´m sure it would look awesome..! :-)

Liselle Konig — April 22, 2014 @ 11:50 am

Speaking of commercials you wish would go away – I can’t stand the Verizon commercials now because the girl drives me nuts! I loathe the one that is playing constantly right now where the parents are looking for a family plan and they shush the girl because their baby is sleeping. Then they get excited about the plan and talk out loud. So DUMB!!! I will mute the TV when it comes on.

• jann jones — April 23rd, 2014 @ 8:12 am

THANK YOU!!!! I mean, seriously! I was raised around noise, nothing wrong with me! Stupidity reigns in tv commercials!!

Andrea Christensen — April 22, 2014 @ 11:51 am

OMG! THE SHOES! Too great!

Laura — April 22, 2014 @ 12:12 pm

Oh yes, please paint the stripes. Thick horizontal ones alternated with white. It would look amazing with some gold, coral, and dark teal accents! I think I’m getting way too into your potential makeover. I need to live vicariously through someone because I rent and can’t paint. Life is hard :/

Lynn @ The Actor’s Diet — April 22, 2014 @ 12:21 pm

Woah – John is a really old friend of mine (from before his TONY win) – I had no idea he was in the movie!

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles — April 22, 2014 @ 12:22 pm

Haha, love the Saved By The Bell reference. I hate the new cuts of the shirts these days and the clothes Kelly and Lisa Turtle wore (not to mention Screech) were just horrendous. We are in real trouble should Dylan’s Baha (is that what it was called) starts hitting the stores again. Oh how I loved my 90210.

Amanda — April 22, 2014 @ 12:24 pm

I’m getting very annoyed with this crop top situation. Make it go away!

• Rachel — April 23rd, 2014 @ 9:29 am

THANK YOU! I don’t get the crop tops, this is not 1992!

David | From Ballparks to BBQ — April 22, 2014 @ 12:49 pm

Your use of “literally” about Chipotle reminded me of this – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xjka07o1-0

Simone — April 22, 2014 @ 12:58 pm

Definitely just bought the off brand Keds at Target in all white because I was going to be doing a ton of walking on vacation and I don’t have decent shoes to walk in and/or that I was willing to give up if they were ruined.

I think I just definitely looked like a nurse. Adorable outfits and nurse shoes. It was pretty awful. But they have grown on me.

TSA — April 22, 2014 @ 1:05 pm

I’m thinking of making a stop at Chipotle for lunch today. They JUST released their TOFU in my city and I can’t wait to try it!!!

Also, I thought this was so funny:

dervla — April 22, 2014 @ 1:46 pm

dude – try the stripes, you can always paint over it. Or make Eddie do it!

joelle @ on a pink typewriter — April 22, 2014 @ 1:52 pm

OMG Kelly Kapowski! I wonder if Saved By the Bell is on Netflix…..

• Jessica — April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:37 pm

Yes. Yes it is. In the Family/Children section. You.are.welcome. :)

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — April 22, 2014 @ 2:00 pm

I’ll admit, I told myself I wasn’t supposed to BUY a single drink while out in the month of April. Well, yesterday I told myself to “just do it” (I’m full of peer pressure) and I bought so MANY! And I felt guilty and high all at once. Sheesh. Oh, and then I bought a coffee today. Whoops? Its snowballing.
    OMG the crop tops. Make it stop. There is, like 1% of the world that actually has the body to wear that, so the rest of us have to sit out this season. Unless you are just dying to see my gut hanging over my mint shorts. Um, no. Maybe? No.

Linda — April 22, 2014 @ 2:05 pm

I am with you on the starbucks. I tried one for the first time on saturday and have thought about it every day since. I have got to figure out how to make it at home.

Korrie — April 22, 2014 @ 2:27 pm

Missed adding this last week but you should check out VEEP. I too fell in a T.V. rut (after binging on The Wire) and randomly chose VEEP because I couldn’t handle another huge commitment or a drama at the moment. HILARIOUS! I so quickly caught up and now anxiously await each episode. It is just good fun…

Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit — April 22, 2014 @ 3:12 pm

Just seeing a Starbucks cup releases endorphins and immediately makes me feel good inside!

Heather — April 22, 2014 @ 3:18 pm

I will second you start Orange is the New Black, I didn’t think I would like it,
    but omg, soo good, and it starts back up in June. I can’t wait that long ha.

Los | The Man, The Chef, The Dad — April 22, 2014 @ 3:34 pm

I gave up bad food for lent and tried to go on a diet. 40 days without pizza, burgers, unnecessarily fried foods… with all the pain I suffered I lost 20 pounds.

All of that and I don’t think I could’ve given up coffee. You are stronger than I.

Have you seen the Kelly Kapowski cooking show on cooking channel? It’s been on my dvr along with The Freshman Class but I chose the latter for my spare 30 mins this week.

Tracy Faber — April 22, 2014 @ 4:55 pm

lol – i just LOVE this – and your blog!!! Like literally!

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — April 22, 2014 @ 6:16 pm

“6. Totally losing it over the Jersey Boys movie trailer. GAH. My inner 60-year old just died.” <—- ME TOO!

• jann jones — April 23rd, 2014 @ 8:16 am

Omgs, I am almost 60, I’m 58, and I LOVE Frankie Valli! Cannot wait! Hmmm… Lets camp out, classily, of course, beside the box office, get tickets asap! Starbucks on delivery, of course….

Hilary — April 22, 2014 @ 6:48 pm

I am so upset Christina is leaving Grey’s Anatomy! She was my favorite and her laugh is so great haha!

Heather — April 22, 2014 @ 8:42 pm

Thanks for the link love friend! Kisses, kisses, kisses!

P.S. Mwah.

Connie — April 22, 2014 @ 10:34 pm

Yes, the Jersey Boys trailer looks amazing! I honestly didn’t know much about Frankie Valli, but instantly fell in love when we took my mother-in-law to see the show a few years ago. Even the husband, who despises musicals, said it looked “pretty cool.”

DessertForTwo — April 22, 2014 @ 10:36 pm

But, can we wear the crop tops? I bought one and I wear a tank top under it, because I think I’m too old. Right? Is there an age cut off? I must know!!!

Mimi — April 23, 2014 @ 7:48 am

I’m the only one totally in awe of the gelatin bubbles? How can that be?????? That is just so absolutely over the top :)

• jann jones — April 23rd, 2014 @ 8:17 am

Judy — April 23, 2014 @ 7:57 am

You brought so msny memories back to me with Franky Valli and the four seasons. Thank you. Good memories of my long gone youth.

jann jones — April 23, 2014 @ 8:19 am

Ok, my age is showing.. Love the Lita boots, tho I would fall, and break my antiquated neck, and the Danskøs, omgs… Yeah..

Sophia @ NY Foodgasm — April 23, 2014 @ 9:40 am

I want to take a Beyonce dance class STAT!

Her Philly — April 23, 2014 @ 10:23 am

Yessss to so many of these! I love the Jersey Boys trailer!

Jenn A — April 23, 2014 @ 12:18 pm

Seriously please explain how crop tops are coming back…. Eeeek!

Carrie K — April 23, 2014 @ 2:18 pm

I painted thick stripes on a wall in our living room and I LOVE THEM. You can do it because unlike painting on paper you get to use levels, and tape, and things that make it doable. This coming from a truly unartistic person.

Also, if Chipotle were close to me, I’d eat there weekly much to the detriment of my budget.

Mariah and Coty@quirksandtwists — April 23, 2014 @ 5:39 pm

Chipotle is always good idea! And crop tops make me jealous too!

Liza — April 23, 2014 @ 7:48 pm

I see John Slattery (Roger Sterling) at the gym all the time. He lives around the corner from me here in NYC! We started talking once because I was wearing a shirt from a ski resort he goes to a lot (I had actually seen him there before but didn’t mention that because STALKER MUCH). Anyway. I asked him when things were going to start to shake up this season and he smiled and said “oh just you wait.” Adorably, he is married to the woman who played his first wife on the show (Mona) and they are super cute together!

Phi @ The Sweetphi Blog — April 24, 2014 @ 8:53 am

omg, too funny! I seriously look forward to these posts because they are such a treat! Love the cupcakes, and I’m the same way with painting lol…big dreams, right?

allison — April 25, 2014 @ 11:35 am

My inner 60 year old is also FREAKING! OUT! I watch the trailer every day. Obviously, being a great 30-year-old-with-an-old-lady soul I’ll go to the Sunday afternoon matinee.

Jennifer S — April 25, 2014 @ 6:26 pm

I always forget that Chipotle exists mostly because I live in a college town and I teach and all of my students eat at Chipotle all of the time and there’s always a line whenever I actually think to go there and drive by and go nope, because the last thing anyone wants to do is be stuck in a long-ass line as Chipotle and have your students stare at you while they eat. Gross.

• Jennifer S — April 25th, 2014 @ 6:27 pm

Oh oh oh, speaking of TV suggestions, I just got into Orphan Black in the last week and it’s so freaking good. Hooked me within the first ten minutes of the first episode. That good. Seriously, get on that. Only 10 episodes in the first season and the second season is current.

Crystal — April 26, 2014 @ 1:40 pm

the last pair of shoes is exactly me, I swear! though, I WILL NOT own those shoes. ;) as usual, I LOVE you and your blog!

Kristen — April 28, 2014 @ 2:17 pm

The Jersey Boys movie looks great. I am so bummed I have not seen it yet. It started in San Diego where I live and I remember at the time thinking I wanted to see it but just never made the move. Whenever they return I will be there. Or I am road tripping to Las Vegas.