tuesday things I howsweeteats.com

1. We are totally obsessed with gigantic bowls of fruit right now. I cut up the above bowl on Sunday and within hours over a quarter of it was gone. Summah in a bowl.

2. How insanely adorable are these layered whole fruit pops? I want I want!

3. Also, these mint julep popsicles need to appear in my life stat.

4. George Clooney. Are you punking us?

5. Last week they released the cast of Jem! Shockingly I wasn’t chosen even though I have the pink wig. They did not take my six years of Halloween photos into consideration.

6. I really wish the instagram popular page was still the instagram popular page. Eddie and I used to find that craziest stuff on there like cheerleading stunt videos gone wrong and inappropriate meme jokes.

7. Um, 26 moments that no 90s kid will ever forget. I still do #19, like ALL the time. I’ve talked for years how I doodle and destroy any sheet of paper near me and it used to drive my mom crazy. Serial doodler here.

8. I was actually super into Mad Men this week, but how much did you want to punch Betty in the face? I am totally horrified that Burke is coming back to Grey’s and I’m really hoping that this ends with Cristina and Owen riding off into the sunset and forgetting all of their problems and maybe in another year or two pulling an ER-like ending. Make it happen! AND I’m really happy that Nashville is new this week and I hope they get Scarlett back on a likeable track because man, she is just whiney and annoying now.

9. The best lip sync battle ever.

10. You guys totally made my day yesterday regarding my book. I want to squish you in ten thousand hugs. Sap moment.

38 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Emily G. — April 29, 2014 @ 10:13 am

I was wondering if I was the only person who watched all those cheerleading stunts and videos on the instagram popular page! I miss it too!

• AJ — April 29th, 2014 @ 4:48 pm

haha ditto. I thought my friends’ friends had suddenly become IG stars when I started seeing their photos on the popular page instead of the random, over the top ones.

Kristen — April 29, 2014 @ 10:32 am

I am soooo over Scarlett! She is on my nerves with her near breakdowns and whimpering. I scream at the TV “you are an adult, not a child!” But still happy for new episodes again. :) I don’t understand what is going on with George Clooney?! That news just made me think ‘huh?’.

Charlotte M. — April 29, 2014 @ 10:45 am

that lip sync battle – i.die. emma stone is everything.

ChrissySB — April 29, 2014 @ 11:01 am

I already pre-ordered the book and I can’t wait to see it! Congratulations!

• Jessica — May 1st, 2014 @ 7:46 am

thank you!!

Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps — April 29, 2014 @ 11:49 am

I’d really like Scarlet to go back to the old Scarlet as well. So so annoying and unlikable right now…and if.she.even. breaks up Juliet and Avery, I will be angry forever. AND congrats on the book!!! If the pages are as beautiful as the cover, I can only imagine what we’re all in store for. You bet your butt I’m going to order one of those babies.

• Jessica — May 1st, 2014 @ 7:47 am

after last night’s episode… i’m sad. damnit juliette!

Kate — April 29, 2014 @ 11:53 am

Pre-order Book, CHECK!
    Continue to find reasons to love Emma Stone even more, CHECK!

• Jessica — May 1st, 2014 @ 7:47 am

thanks!!

Stacey — April 29, 2014 @ 12:08 pm

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR BOOK! I’m also still shame-watching Grey’s. Glad I’m not the only one. I’m a total doofus and thought that last week’s was Cristina’s last episode and when it ended I threw a minor (major) hissy fit.

• Jessica — May 1st, 2014 @ 7:47 am

i kinda did too, i think tonight might be the last? maybe one more week?

Amanda — April 29, 2014 @ 12:39 pm

I love the buzz feed list. All of it so true. I remember getting new rubber bands for my braces and just hoping no one else had the same colors. Oh the days…

samantha — April 29, 2014 @ 1:11 pm

I’m torn as to whether I want Christina to end up with Burke or Owen. Then again, a part of me wants her to pick neither of them. She’s a strong, independent woman who doesn’t need a man and can stand on her own to feet. Christina is my idol in so many ways.

• Jessica — May 1st, 2014 @ 7:48 am

i agree with this! plus, there is no way she can realistically be with owen. they would always resent each other. (i’m way too invested.)

sue/the view from great island — April 29, 2014 @ 1:18 pm

Thanks for mentioning my pops! I never understood the deal with George Clooney, but I ‘m definitely ordering the book, congratulations!

Amanda — April 29, 2014 @ 2:17 pm

Love Buzzfeed lists!

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles — April 29, 2014 @ 2:26 pm

Regarding the 90’s list: I just bought a Lisa Frank coloring book for myself at Target a few weeks ago, I totally passed notes in class and realized kids today will text instead which is sad, haha I totally used Sun-in which was a disaster every time and um, I still use my aol email address.

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — April 29, 2014 @ 4:02 pm

That lip sync battle was perfection! :)

Emily @ Life on Food — April 29, 2014 @ 7:17 pm

I am the same way about summer berries. I got two packages of strawberries Sunday morning and they are already gone. I love them!

Mariah and Coty@quirksandtwists — April 29, 2014 @ 7:49 pm

I don’t think I could express how excited I am for your book to come out! Your blog has been my favorite for years, I can still remember when I discovered it, I spent hours reading prior posts. You deserve this!

• Jessica — May 1st, 2014 @ 7:49 am

thank you SO much. ;)

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — April 29, 2014 @ 10:29 pm

Ahh, that lip sync battle is epic.

Christina — April 30, 2014 @ 7:12 am

I just pre-ordered your book on Amazon! I’m so excited!

• Jessica — May 1st, 2014 @ 7:49 am

thank you christina!!

• Christina — May 1st, 2014 @ 3:48 pm

I made a little happy dance, when i saw that amazon germany has it :)

Sophia @ NY Foodgasm — April 30, 2014 @ 10:45 am

Seriously, I know…. he is engaged! All of a sudden! LOL!

Liselle Konig — April 30, 2014 @ 11:03 am

I was shocked to see that Burke is coming back to Grey’s considering the ugly way he was kicked off the show. I can’t see Cristina and Owen riding off together since he’s not leaving the show that I know of. But I could see an ER ending in a few years for the two of them. But I do agree that Cristina doesn’t need a man. I hope she leaves on her own.

Jess — April 30, 2014 @ 11:37 am

Did you see that Ryan Guzman was also cast in Jem?

SWOON! LOOOOOOOVE Ryan. :)

Victoria Bakrdjian — April 30, 2014 @ 11:53 am

I watched that lip sync battle yesterday! Seriously the best out of all of the others Jimmy Fallon had on his show. That woman’s got a gift.

Jenn H — April 30, 2014 @ 1:40 pm

Do you have any idea how many times I save your pictures to “Downloads” to use them as screensavers? I totally share your love of food – I get as excited about your pics of veggies and fruit as I do over your desserts! Beautiful picture of a simple, gorgeous bowl of fruit :)!

P.S. Just put your book on my Wishlist – if no one else buys it for me, I am buying it for myself (and I have a moratorium on cookbooks right now because I have too many – but yours is the exception).

• Jessica — May 1st, 2014 @ 7:50 am

jenn! thank you!! xoxo

Phi @ The Sweetphi Blog — April 30, 2014 @ 2:09 pm

Love this list…and now I need to go to the grocery store and buy a bunch of fruit and make a giant fruit bowl!

Deanne — April 30, 2014 @ 3:02 pm

I was in the grocery store and saw the Kale and friends book for the second time in a week. I want it but not for $30. So this gave me the opportunity of mentioning your book to my husband (Mr.Fugal). I started off with mentioning all the yummy recipes we make every week, the apple pie i made for his birthday, taco casserole, the ultimate marinade we use on everything. Then that you had a book coming out. He said well you really like this girls blog and she seems to know what shes doing so sure. WIN! Totally ordering it but the wait just may kill me.

• Jessica — May 1st, 2014 @ 7:50 am

THANK YOU!

Lisa P — April 30, 2014 @ 3:32 pm

Holy crap! I laughed so hard at that lip sync battle! Thanks for posting it, love your blog!!

Lily (A Rhubarb Rhapsody) — May 1, 2014 @ 9:18 pm

Those whole fruit popsicles are beautiful! That 90s kids article was just traumatic! Hahaha, so many horrible things I’d forgotten.

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — May 5, 2014 @ 1:11 pm

Dying over ALL of the 90’s list except for the hackysack bc I never had one…but the rest, yes