tuesday things I howsweeteats.com

1.Totally freaking over these roasted sugar snap peas with sea salt and mint. I might add feta? AH. Craving.

2. On Saturday my husband had a Five Guys burger for lunch… like one with the double patty. On Saturday night he had another double burger for a late dinner. He still had a visible eight pack. I hate him. Faceplant.

3. We’ve wanted strawberry agua fresca for weeks but I insist on using organic strawberries and would need like six pounds of them, so I turned that watermelon up there into the lovely drink instead. Gone in an instant.

4. I miiiiiight be chopping off my hair today. Might. Maybe.

5. SO MANY SEMI ANNUAL SALES RIGHT NOW. It’s killing me.

6. You know when there is a giant fly that’s on it’s last legs flying around your house buzzing incessantly and YOU CAN’T CATCH IT? Fly wars have been my life the last three days. Losing my mind.

7. I’m thinking a massive cheese plate (with lots of other snacks on it of course) is going to be dinner tonight. Crossing it off my summer bucket list.

8. We saw Jersey Boys over the weekend and the entire time I was just like NO… NO… no no no no. Was not a fan. Maybe if I see it again I will like it a little more? I just felt like it was soooo slow. The first hour I was dying. If the entire movie was like the ending number right before the credits, I would have been a happy camper. That being said, I did really love the cast.

9. In more depressing on-screen news, I also was so disappointed in True Blood but I guess that’s to be expected. Thought it was terrible. I’ve barely had anything to watch late at night! That’s why I’ve been reading my face off. And at first I wasn’t interested in watching The Leftovers but now I think I might be game?

10. Um we are halfway to Christmas. STOP.

42 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — June 24, 2014 @ 11:00 am

We ARE halfway to Christmas! AHHH.

Also, please send me a picture of your chopped off hair. Thanks,kbye.

Mari — June 24, 2014 @ 11:03 am

I’m chopping my hair off on the weekend!! How short are you going?
    Scary, but exciting!

Adrienne — June 24, 2014 @ 11:04 am

You are too silly, I freakin’ LOVE IT.

Emma @ Chick-o-bowl — June 24, 2014 @ 11:07 am

LOL That list was hilarious. Yes, cheese always works. Even though I would prefer a fondue… So yummy!

samantha — June 24, 2014 @ 11:23 am

I saw The Jersey Boys movie a week before it came out (can you say FREE PREVIEW TICKETS?!!!) and I thought it was amazing. So amazing to the point where I want to buy it the very day it came out. I was dancing in my seat and singing the words at the end of the movie, along with the rest of the audience. And I have the soundtrack from the broadway play, which I have on repeat in my car at the moment. There’s SOOOOOOOOOOOO many good movies coming out this summer/fall it may empty out my bank account, ha!

joelle @ on a pink typewriter — June 24, 2014 @ 11:24 am

OMG don’t tell me that about Jersey Boys! I’m going this week and have such high hopes! The play was amazing!

Angela Martin — June 24, 2014 @ 11:39 am

You should watch The Musketeers on BBC America. The first episode what just on this past Sunday. So good. The costumes are to die for!

Kelly — June 24, 2014 @ 11:44 am

The critic on the news I watch (in NYC) said Jersey Boys didn’t translate on screen. He loved the play much more!

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run — June 24, 2014 @ 11:50 am

halfway to Christmas lol.

Kati — June 24, 2014 @ 11:52 am

Totally cutting my hair today. It’s already too hot to deal.

Post a pic for SURE!

Ashley — June 24, 2014 @ 12:03 pm

#10 – NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Alex @ Kenzie Life — June 24, 2014 @ 12:09 pm

The summer sales are killing me right now too. If only Sephora had 40% off sales…actually, that might be the end of me.

tara — June 24, 2014 @ 12:10 pm

HOW ARE WE HALFWAY TO CHRISTMAS?!?!

Stupid guys being able to eat whatever they want. My husband’s skinnier than me. I don’t want to talk about it.

Maia — June 24, 2014 @ 12:31 pm

So sad about all the negative reviews for jersey boys, was looking forward to it :( If you need a new show to watch you HAVE TO watch Orphan black. It’s addicting. And stressful. But so good! I’m sad I don’t have anymore episodes to watch.

Jessica — June 24, 2014 @ 12:32 pm

If you DO chop your hair, internet friends demand pictures in your next Tuesday Things or Beauty Faves post. We took a poll. That was the verdict. Thaaaaaaanks! :)

Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidence — June 24, 2014 @ 12:54 pm

So my full time gig is with Westfield shopping centers. I work at a mall. Surrounded by semi-annual sales. It KILLS me. I find myself aimlessly wandering into BBW, smelling all the $3 things. And Nordstrom Rack just started a TOMS sale. WHAT?? I’m going there right after this comment.

Julie @ Table for Two — June 24, 2014 @ 12:55 pm

UGHHHHHHHHH the semi-annual sales are killing me. I bought bras, bikinis, and tons of maxi dresses. I guess the positive is I’m saving money ’cause I’d totally be spending more if I bought them at full price…sooo the sale purchases are totally justified, right?!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — June 24, 2014 @ 1:32 pm

Half way to Christmas?! You’re killing me!!
    Oh, I’m so sad you didn’t love Jersey Boys. No, I won’t go see it, but I’m sad because you were so so excited for it.
    I hate men and their stupid metabolisms. Hate hate hate. I’ve eaten barely any gluten in the past 2 years. I’m talking, added up, the equivalent of 1 cake (whole). My husband gave it up for Lent and lost 15 pounds! No joke. Hate hate hate.

Sam — June 24, 2014 @ 2:13 pm

That husband issue. Same sheeeet over here. We literally have two separate grocery trips because he has some freak metabolism that lets him devour pringles and get leaner.. while all I do is stare at an oreo and gain 10 pounds. i hate boys. (well, for that reason only.)

Hilary — June 24, 2014 @ 3:14 pm

I am so disappointed to hear that Jersey Boys was not so good! I went to a broadway show and loved it! I was hoping the movie was just as good haha but who am I kidding what would be better than broadway!

Larry — June 24, 2014 @ 4:00 pm

Chopping your hair?! WHAT?!

Sherrie | With Food + Love — June 24, 2014 @ 4:14 pm

Sooo I’m a huge fan of your work and sooo this is kinda major – thanks SO MUCH for the shout out!!

XO SHERRIE

Liz — June 24, 2014 @ 5:10 pm

I chopped my hair a couple of weeks ago and love it! My hairstylist informed me that short looks are coming back in and so many people are getting chopped.

Heather — June 24, 2014 @ 5:12 pm

Ditto on True Blood. I think it’s been getting more ridiculous every season, this season it’s just too horrible for me to watch anymore, ha. Thankfully it’s the final season.

I am just curious to know how different the book series and the tv series are?

• Ali G — June 24th, 2014 @ 7:03 pm

The show is very different from the books. There were similarities in the first couple of seasons – you could see where they had taken liberties but still mostly followed the plots – but they are way far off of the books now.
      I’m a season behind and I’m in no hurry to catch up anymore which makes me very sad.

Barbara — June 24, 2014 @ 5:52 pm

#4. Do it!!!! I bet it would be super cute.
    #5. WOW, that sounds like crazy talk.

• Barbara — June 24th, 2014 @ 5:58 pm

oops, #10 is crazy talk, #5 is fact :)

Emily @ Life on Food — June 24, 2014 @ 7:26 pm

I need me some watermelon stat! My husband is the same way. He has about 5 meals after dinner each and every night. He loses weights. Smack!

Bri | Bites of Bri — June 24, 2014 @ 9:07 pm

#2 is the story of my life. Husband eats whatever he wants whenever he wants and retains a six pack. Wife does a million abs, workouts out 100X more than said husband, eats so healthy and cannot buy a six pack… except of the beer variety. True story.

Bryn — June 24, 2014 @ 10:12 pm

did you do the chop? i spontaneously chopped mine a couple months ago and loved it for summer!

Lisa — June 25, 2014 @ 7:29 am

I just chopped my hair off last weekend. It’s very freeing. I like it and it will always grow back. Also, I could bring my dog to your house. He’s a fly catching machine. It’s one of his very limited positive traits.

Sandi — June 25, 2014 @ 7:42 am

Do the Paddleboard this summer! It was also on my bucket list and I finally did it recently when I was in Florida. It was a blast and I am ready to go again!!

Sarah@ The Gold Lining Girl — June 25, 2014 @ 8:29 am

Oh how I relate to having a significant other with the metabolism of a puma. Yesterday he ate a ridonculously huge red velvet cream cheese cupcake without giving it a single thought. No debate in his head, no regret and self-loathing afterwards… Just straight-up happy enjoyment! And he ALWAYS has an insane set of abs. So not fair. He even eats several times throughout the night and doesn’t gain a thing. Aargh!

Jess — June 25, 2014 @ 11:16 am

Definitely chop the hair! I love short hair for summertime, but I’m in a wedding Saturday … and we’re all doing our hair the same way, so I had to grow it out a bit.

Casey — June 25, 2014 @ 2:24 pm

I did cut my hair on Tuesday! Wasn’t planning on it ending up so short, but I was able to donate it so I figured that was ok! :-)

maureen — June 25, 2014 @ 2:41 pm

I highly recommend watching the series “the bridge”. Season 2 premieres July 9 on FX but you can see entire first season on Hulu. It is riveting!!!

Amanda — June 25, 2014 @ 3:40 pm

Re: #1- A restaurant in our neighborhood was doing a panned charred sugar snap pea thing, but with a whipped lemon ricotta. Holy. Cow.

I’ve made them at home at least once a week since we had them there- Slathering lemon ricotta on them is a surefire way to get some vegetables in me :)

Maria — June 25, 2014 @ 8:04 pm

WOW – I’ve been buying snap peas lately and this recipe looks amazing.
    Was at the outlets today for sales – 50. 60, 70% off – who could resist?
    Christmas – yikes today was the first day it really felt like summer! No winter talk PLEASE…..

julianne — June 26, 2014 @ 10:44 am

chopped off my hair 2 years ago and it’s the best {hair} decision i’ve ever made! haven’t even been tempted to grow it out since. =)

Jessica — June 26, 2014 @ 12:24 pm

So as you’ve mentioned how much you love neon, you should check this out:
    My brother, his girlfriend, my boyfriend, and I are all going! It’s neon and blacklights and a party, what more could you want!!!

Peezy — June 26, 2014 @ 2:08 pm

Watch “Suits” on USA it is a lawyer show also “Graceland” on USA undercover cop show… The Bridge is very good.. kinda dark but I love that Diane Kruger is in it.. it comes back on in July on FX. Also “Covert Affairs” is pretty good also.. it just started back up last night on USA.

Cheyenne — June 29, 2014 @ 2:27 am

yes, same on true blood! i was so disappointed in the first episode, didn’t really do anything for me… i’m curious about the second one though, perhaps they’ll get back on track!
    xo, cheyenne