Fruit Pizza on a Sugar Cookie Crust.
My mom has always made vegetable pizza. Everyone loves it.
I’m sure you all know how I feel about that. ENTER: fruit pizza!
Years ago, I remember her making a fruit pizza and being absolutely obsessed with it. I’m talking years ago – maybe 15?
She still had the recipe, and I was thrilled.
This dessert is extremely decadent because the crust is made out of sugar cookies.
I know – how incredible is that?
While it is packed with calories, if you keep the crust and cream cheese layer thin, it becomes a very refreshing treat.
You can use any fruit you like, too.
Everyone goes wild for this, so it is a must-try! Plus, since it is loaded with fruit, it is very healthy.
It also has coconut rum in it. Enough said.
- Preheat oven to 350 (or whatever temp the dough calls for).
- Let the dough come to room temperature, and press it into a cookie sheet – make sure it is thin. Bake for about 10 minutes, rotate pan, then bake for another 5. The baking time will all depend on how cold the dough was and your own oven, so watch carefully. Do not overbake!
- One cookie has cooled, beat cream cheese, rum and Cool Whip with a hand mixer. Spread on cookie crust. Top with strawberries, kiwis, and blueberries, leaving space for the bananas. I add them last so they don’t get brown. Refrigerate while you make the glaze.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir constantly until mixture thickens. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Add bananas to pizza, then drizzle glaze on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
I wish I had some leftover for breakfast.
I didn’t, so Mr. How Sweet made pancakes.
If he thinks that means I’m going to allow the hillbilly country music videos that are currently on our TV to continue, he has another thing coming.