real life wednesday I howsweeteats.com

{via}

I’m ridiculously excited for memorial day weekend. As if my last three posts don’t show it because I can’t shut up about the holiday. It’s always just been SUCH a fun weekend that we spend with family and plant flowers and eat ice cream and all the things that start with s and end with ummer and point to a new season.

I’m fairly annoyed that peonies aren’t around all year long here and even more annoyed that I got married in October instead of May because had it been May our wedding could have been all OMGPEONIES. But that’s only half true because in like 90 days I’m going to be all OMGFALL and not shut up about it for months and be totally common and repetitive.

I watched the dancing with the stars finale last night because I’m a grandma and because I wanted Maks to win so badly and can he and Meryl just be in love in real life because that would be great. They can hold a joint wedding with Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams, Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth and  Connie Britton and Chip Esten and then my showmance romance heart can be complete. I think I like watching it so much since I danced (not like ballroom, but like jazz/tap/etc) and that kind of stuff gives me chills. Eddie doesn’t get it.

The level to which I am over facebook is so high that I pray it just disappears into thin air. Can’t I just have an invisible internet friend page instead of my own page?

I’d give my left arm for a donut right now. I’m not a lefty anyway.

Yesterday I made another video for you guys and I want to make more videos all the time, but not like cooking videos. Like fun life videos, like maybe even videos where I just sit and BS. But then I ditch the idea because um, I can’t even do behind the scenes work on my BLOG – I’m that clueless. The thought of figuring out how to do a video is ludicrous. Hairbrained. Laughable. Preposterous. I have no idea how (or when?) I could do such a thing. Maybe I need my left arm after all and I’d like another one while you’re at it please.

I’m losing my dang mind over this recipe. I have been eyeing those freezer pop things (what do YOU call them?) for weeks ever since they appeared in the grocery store as I do every spring and summer. I need an excuse to buy some in bulk. But maybe I shall just make my own. Tonight, this salad is for dinner. One of my favorites ever ever ever. Forever evah.

I can’t stop listening to the Michael Jackson/Justin Timberlake remix of love never felt so good. Like I put it on blast and on repeat and then feel like it’s the late 90s and I know everything I do is dated but it’s just sooooo gooooood. Kitchen dancing good. Car dancing good.

I’m reading Sarah Pekkannen’s Catching Air right now and I really love it. I’m waiting with baited breath for random things like Elin Hilderbrand’s new book to come out (I read the short story prequel on my iPad and am losing my mind over excitement, SO my type of book), as well as Miranda Lambert’s new album so I can fangirl like a freak. Tonight I’m going to finish Catching Air so I can dive face first into Emily Giffin’s new one. Eeeeee it’s my favorite book reading season. Give me a beach.

You’ll hear my talk about it later this summer but one of my favorite ice cream flavors in the world in Kilwin’s chocolate peanut butter. I’ve been getting it for, well, a LIFETIME. The only one that comes close is Haagen Dazs chocolate peanut butter. But my question is, how can I make this peanut butter chunk swirl stuff at home? Or is it just because it’s filled with delicious chemicals and I will never be able to replace it with my own creation? It has to be identical. Nothing else can compare.

I’m totally crossing something off my summer bucket list this weekend when I make fruit pizza for a few parties and I’m also going to make this INSANE pistachio cream cake that is in my upcoming cookbook. Have you preordered my cookbook? I will love you forever if you did and probably attack you with hugs if so. I have no concept of personal space.

That is all. Oh wait. It’s isn’t. Because this:

real life wednesday I howsweeteats.com

{via}

always & forever.

41 Responses to “on a wednesday brain dump.”

Emily — May 21, 2014 @ 7:54 am

Will you do a little book tour?!? It can be super little, like one state even…as long as you pick MA.

• Jessica — May 22nd, 2014 @ 11:51 am

yes, i am!

Julie @ Table for Two — May 21, 2014 @ 7:54 am

I looove peonies too!! And hydrangeas…if I didn’t have a budget for our wedding, I would’ve gone all out on peonies and hydrangeas. I just bought Emily Giffin’s book yesterday and I.cannot.wait to start next week on my flights!! I don’t know if I can hold out, though. yes yes, gimme a beach too!! we can go to the beach and read and drink and not talk to each other, ha jk

Jenn — May 21, 2014 @ 8:07 am

I am so with you about Dancing with the Stars….obsessed with Meryl and Maks!! I may have watched their Freestyle dance on YouTube more than a few times…it is just beautiful! If they do not get married and have babies I will be very sad!

Megan — May 21, 2014 @ 8:15 am

Grrrrrrrl. I’m with you on the Facebook train. Can’t. Even. Handle. It.

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — May 21, 2014 @ 8:24 am

SO funny – I literally had Kilwin’s chocolate peanut butter ice cream last week for the first time this season. The only other one that comes close is Hudsonville. Oh peanut butter…

Caroline — May 21, 2014 @ 8:25 am

Waaaait wait wait. Have you tried Jeni’s Buckeye State flavor? It is the BEST peanut butter chocolate combination I have ever laid tastebuds on. The texture of the chocolate bits throughout…ugh so good.

• Jessica — May 22nd, 2014 @ 11:51 am

i have! it’s totally different from kilwin’s version though. i like the buckeye state but the one i’m talking about is rich chocolate ice cream with huge chunks of peanut butter – like the peanut butter inside of reese’s cups!

Trisha (Stew or a Story) — May 21, 2014 @ 8:25 am

That BLT corn & feta salad is probably my favorite of all your recipes. I make it all summer long! so. good.

Jenny Flake — May 21, 2014 @ 8:29 am

Ditto on DWTS. I can’t stop watching Maks and Meryl dance together!! I started watching because of Candace but fell in love with M and M. Those two are just adorable and amazing to watch. Started following them on every social media page just to see if they start dating, lol!

xo

Tracy — May 21, 2014 @ 8:37 am

We just got married this past weekend and yes, it was OMGPEONIESANDHYDRANGEAS! So beautiful, if only fresh flowers could stay alive forever!

• Jessica — May 22nd, 2014 @ 11:52 am

congrats!!

Heather || Heather's Dish — May 21, 2014 @ 8:46 am

Oh my word, just YES on the Facebook thing. So over it – I was just telling a girlfriend last night that if I didn’t use it for blogging I wouldn’t use it at all.

Ashley — May 21, 2014 @ 8:48 am

TACOS!!! haha love that — The amount of books you read blows me awaaaaay! My mom swears by Kilwin’s Pistachio, so I get your obsession. :)

Rhea- Hot Dog Food Blog — May 21, 2014 @ 9:30 am

That quote about bikinis and tacos is a real life every day struggle! And yes, I DID order your book, and I am just excited I can’t shut up about it. I’m sure my boyfriend can’t wait for it to come so I will stop asking is it September yet! haha. Happy Memorial Day! Eat ALL the frozen pops!

• Jessica — May 22nd, 2014 @ 11:52 am

THANK YOU!!!

Kristina — May 21, 2014 @ 10:03 am

I have tried a few times to make the peanut butter swirl (one of my favorites is Tillamook Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream). a couple summers ago I came close. not good, but CLOSE.

• Jessica — May 22nd, 2014 @ 11:52 am

i have to try the tillamook version.

samantha — May 21, 2014 @ 10:31 am

Thank you SO MUCH for even more reading material. I just finished the book The Fault In Our Stars. I was number 127 on the waiting list at my local library and it was seriously worth the wait. I know it’s a YA book, but it’s sooooooo good!! I definitely had parts of the book where I teared up and I can’t wait for the movie. Bring on more book suggestions!!!

Kim — May 21, 2014 @ 10:36 am

Please, please, please start a vlog where you just rant about things. I would watch the heck out of that. (Weirdest comment ever? Okay, bye)

Kristen — May 21, 2014 @ 10:46 am

GAH I LOVE PEONIES! It is not right that we only have them in our lives each year for such a short amount of time. WHY?!

Loved this season of DWTS! I am going to miss seeing James’ abs on a weekly basis. Meryl & Maks were so great! I really do want them to make Russian ice skating babies and I WILL call them Bear. haaaa!

I HATE FACEBOOK! That is all. I’ve also had the MJ/JT song on repeat along with Nashville songs. Weird combo, but it works.

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles — May 21, 2014 @ 12:04 pm

My mother lives for peonies so I currently stalk them out at Whole Foods to keep her in fresh supply…I love hydrangeas the most which decorated my wedding in the most amazing way back in the day…Who cares if I am divorced now? At least my wedding was pretty, right? Right.

Sarah — May 21, 2014 @ 1:18 pm

I love reading your lifestyle rant-type posts -i feels like listening to a friend over coffee. More please! :)

• Elizabeth — May 21st, 2014 @ 2:02 pm

I totally agree! It’s why Tuesdays and Wednesdays are so awesome :D

• Jessica — May 22nd, 2014 @ 11:53 am

thank you both so much!

Bethany @ Accidental Intentions — May 21, 2014 @ 2:21 pm

Kilwins. omg. THE BEST. I mean, let’s be real: the entire store is THE BEST. But their ice cream is so fabulous. I haven’t had any in years. This is upsetting to me. Though now that I think about it, I may be by a Kilwins over Memorial Day weekend…hmm…

Molly @ Doughvelopment — May 21, 2014 @ 2:41 pm

I watched the Dancing With the Stars finale too! Haha I watched because I wanted to see Iggy Azalea! AND I TOTALLY AGREE ABOUT MERYL AND MAKS …they need to make little Russian babies that Maks was talking about! Gah!
    TACOS.
    I cannot wait for your book and that pistachio book! AHHH.

Elizabeth @ BostonianCharm — May 21, 2014 @ 8:23 pm

That bottom graphic is my life right now. You are hilarious, I always look forward to reading your post!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — May 21, 2014 @ 9:11 pm

Ugh agreed on the whole Facebook thing! Regarding the videos, it would totally make my life if you did them!! I’m terrible with video-related things but if I can figure out how to upload things to Youtube and put them on my blog, trust me, you can too! And lastly, I’m kinda so/so on the JT/MJ song, but the one I’m losing it over right now is Pumpin’ Blood by NONONO. It’s freaking awesome!

Kristin D — May 21, 2014 @ 11:02 pm

The best I’ve ever done was a recipe that used real deal natural peanut butter for the swirl, it does that ‘thing’ where it gets sort of hardish, but not, and just awesome. I have no idea what that k-ice-cream is that you were talking about because I live in the middle of nowhere, but that Haagen Dazs flavor is my faaaaaaave.

• Jessica — May 22nd, 2014 @ 11:53 am

excellent idea – i might give it a try.

Jules — May 22, 2014 @ 12:54 am

Emily Giffin novels are totally my guilty pleasure, so glad I now know there’s a new one!

Mary Ann Olsztyn — May 22, 2014 @ 6:30 am

If you want to make a video why not try Voice from Adobe. It’s in the App Store for free. Currently, only for iPad. If you want to see what it does look on yahoo.com under technical. There’s an article by David Pogue called , Adobe Voice: a Happy App For Making Explainer Videos. Supposed to be really easy.

Erica — May 22, 2014 @ 8:34 am

LOVE THIS POST! I love reading brain dumps, and their so fun to write as well! Your summer bucket list is awesome!

Judy — May 22, 2014 @ 9:02 am

Should it be such a fun weekend?
    It’s memorial day. In memory of those who gave their lives so you can have your fun weekend. Give a thought and a prayer
    To those families who lost members of their families.
    Then go and have fun.

Victoria Bakrdjian — May 22, 2014 @ 12:56 pm

Yes, I did preorder your cookbook! September could not come any sooner!!! Can. Not. Wait.

And that summer quote is the damn truth.

Vanessa — May 22, 2014 @ 7:18 pm

Love that you did another video! I vote for more videos! I would totally sit and watch you gab about anything and everything. Is that creepy?! Lol. ;)

Larry — May 22, 2014 @ 7:25 pm

I’ve given up on the “perfect body” because I am on the hunt for the “perfect nachos.”

Joanna @ love always, Jo — May 23, 2014 @ 7:03 am

Thanks for the book recommendations! I’m always looking for good ones.

I’d LOVE it if you made a video. Don’t worry if it’s perfect or well-lit or anything like that. Just make it a fun new thing.

Kristin — May 23, 2014 @ 10:23 am

Have you seen the movie, Strictly Ballroom? Its an older Baz Luhrman film. Ballroom dancing, love story, lots glitter and feathers, and kooky people. I think you might love it. I highly recommend it!

Renee @ Awesome on $20 — May 24, 2014 @ 2:01 pm

I used to be a dancer, too. I can’t watch Dancing with the Stars because I get jealous that people who are already rich and famous get free private ballroom lessons. Do you know how expensive those things are? They suck!