Cheesy Sweet Potato Crisps.
I’ve mentioned it before, but Mr. How Sweet is a huge fan of sweet potatoes.
In fact, they are one of his favorite foods, only coming in behind chicken and steak.
Speaking of chicken, there is a tic-tac-toe playing chicken at the Rivers Casino here in Pittsburgh. Mr. How Sweet has been talking about it for weeks. He wants to see that chicken more than he wants to peep in Megan Fox’s window. He says that he is positive he can beat the chicken at tic-tac-toe. He probably can. After all, he eats so much chicken that he probably thinks just like one.
The most common side dish to Mr. How Sweet’s chicken is a big pile of sweet potato fries. Because, as you know, if he doesn’t have a side his 2-year old tendencies kick in.
He doesn’t get bored of food, but I do. You know I’m always looking for a way to spice things up.
Enter these cheesy, crispy sweet potatoes.
It is only recently that I have learned to love sweet potatoes in a savory manner.
I was always an advocate for ‘sweet’ sweet potatoes – loaded with cinnamon, butter, and marshmallows. Chocolate and bacon work, too.
Little did I know that when seasoned properly with some simple salt and pepper, they were just as delicious. Especially when cheese is involved.
These were a great substitute for fries and actually took about the same amount of time to make.
I whipped up a quick yogurt dipping sauce to bump up the protein, too,
Cheesy Sweet Potato Crisps With Smokey Yogurt Dip
Sweet Potato Crisps
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Smokey Yogurt Dip
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
Sweet Potato Crisps
- Preheat oven to 425. Set a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Spray rack with non-stick spray.
- Grate sweet potatoes (I used a food processor) and squeeze all the moisture from them. I did this for a good 5 minutes – I find it makes them crisp up better in the oven.
- Add sweet potatoes, egg whites, cheese, pepper, and rosemary in a large bowl and mix until combined. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of potato mixture (I used an ice-cream scooper) and set on wire rack. Press as thin as possible. Repeat until potatoes are gone.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes and dark around the edges and crispy.
- Serve with smokey yogurt dip.
Smokey Yogurt Dip
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Serve as dipping sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
Mr. How Sweet didn’t get any.
He fell into one of those deep, grouchy sleeps the minute he got home from work, and slept through the shredding of the sweet potatoes and the cheesy scent that wafted through the air.
He also slept through me munching away on these. Before I knew it, they were gone.
When he sees this, he isn’t going to be a happy camper.
116 Comments on “Cheesy Sweet Potato Crisps.”
Pingback: Healthy Holiday Party Recipes | It Sux to be Fat
Pingback: Top 10 Most Viewed Posts of 2012
I made these last night. Hate to say I’m not a big fan. I really love sweet potoatoes but I just didn’t like the texture of them. I’ll stick with sweet potato fries.
Pingback: Feb 10th Weekly Meal and Fitness Plan « Fitcupcaker
Pingback: these crisps were made for snacking | fit foodie le
Pingback: Crossfit And Clean Eats Catch Up « Fitcupcaker
Hello, i’m that we discovered anyone been to this web site and so i arrived at go back this prefer? . I’m looking to find what to strengthen the web page! I assume their sufficient to use a few of ones principles!
Well you snooze you loose!
Pingback: 50+ Sweet Potato Recipes - The Free Range Life