The Elvis Granola Bar.
You guys made me do it. I’m blaming you.
After I posted the 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola Bars with a simple mention of bacon, your encouragement (disgust?) and the thought of the deliciousness (grossness?) never left my mind.
And then Maria had to mention that today is Elvis’ birthday, so how could I not make them? I looked at it as honoring a legend.
Of course I had to add my own twist and throw in some chocolate because I have no self control. After all, I did just up the protein content of the bar, so what’s wrong with a little chocolate?
The Elvis Granola Bar
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds these are optional, I just love the texture they give
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried bananas
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter melted
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup honey works too!
- Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, combine oats, chia seeds, banana, peanuts, chocolate chips and bacon. Add melted peanut butter and honey (or syrup) and mix until moistened and combined. If you need more “glue.” add additional peanut butter or honey 1-2 tablespoons at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Press into a baking dish (I’ve used 8 x 8 and 9 x 13) and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.
But now that I’ve gone and added meat to a granola bar, perhaps Mr. How Sweet will eat it?