One Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes For Two.
Let’s face it: sometimes we all need a dessert that only makes two servings.
Sometimes we just can’t handle 12 servings.
Sometimes we eat them all by ourselves. Sometimes we eat them all by ourselves in two hours. Sometimes we eat them all by ourselves in a matter of minutes. Sometimes it’s the best thing ever.
FYI: I have no idea what that is like.
Haven’t you always wished you could make just enough dessert for yourself? Or yourself and one other person?
Or… just yourself?
But more often than not, I’ve found it to be a hassle to drag out the mixer, cream the sugar and butter, sift the dry ingredients and all that fun stuff for a measly two cupcakes.
What can I say? I’m lazy.
Well, I was lazy. Until I decided to make these cupcakes for two. This is only my second or third cupcake recipe completely from scratch and completely from my own recipe development, and I am so excited with the result.
It is definitely your typical white cake; fluffy and soft, full of vanilla flavor, and the perfect vehicle for some fluffy white frosting.
And it only takes one bowl! Not creaming, no mixer, no folding… just you, a bowl and a spoon. Try not eating some of that batter. Yeah right.
I think what I love most about these cupcakes is their customizability. Mr. How Sweet and I can have different flavors of frosting or even some different fruit, nuts or chocolate chips added in our cupcakes if we’d like. Meaning that I can make mine fun and fancy and he can keep his plain and boring. Nothin’ new there.
One Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes for Two
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, yes, a full teaspoon – they are super vanilla-y!
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.
- In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool completely, then frost as desired. I used some leftover white chocolate frosting.
I have an inkling that these “easy” cupcakes may be made nightly. Does that defeat the purpose?