Crispy Shrimp Pizza.
I made shrimp pizza. Shrimp on pizza. Crispiness. Deliciousness.
Sometimes I eat pretzels for breakfast. Jelly beans for dinner. Zero vegetables for lunch. Now I eat shrimp pizza.
Last night, someone (me) ate an entire can of chickpeas (roasted) accidentally (on purpose). Not pizza.
Today you should put shrimp on your pizza. I’m going to nap. I’ve been watching that fancy wedding all morning wishing I was royalty and emotionally eating m&m’s. Not shrimp pizza, but I’d like to emotionally eat that too.
Crispy Shrimp Pizza
- 2 cups flour, I used all purpose + whole wheat
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 packet dry active yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds raw, deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 1 tablespoon
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups arugula
- 1-2 lemons
- Combine water, yeast, olive oil and honey and mix with a spoon. Let sit for about 15 minutes until yeast becomes foamy. Add in flour and salt and mix until a ball forms. Using your hands, need dough for 1-2 minutes until it is somewhat smooth. Place in an oiled bowl (in a warm spot) and let rise for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper and dredge through flour. Make sure the skillet is very hot and add shrimp, cooking on each side for only 1-2 minutes until crispy. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Roll out pizza dough to the desired size (mine were about 4-5 inches wide and very thin). Top each with about a tablespoon of olive oil and a minced clove of garlic. Sprinkle on both cheeses and add shrimp on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness of crust) or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Serve with arugula and a few lemon slices for spritzing, as well as additional parmesan cheese.
- Note: I was concerned that the shrimp would become rubbery after essentially being cooked twice, but it didn’t at all with the smaller thin crusts. If you want to make one large pizza you may need to experiment first and see if the shrimp stays crisp after being cooked so long.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
Did anyone else notice the uncanny resemblance between Queen Elizabeth and Mother Lovett? I know what I’m doing today. Two words: hat shopping.
99 Comments on “Crispy Shrimp Pizza.”
You can put anything on pizza and I’ll eat it. Eggs, shrimp, bacon…;) Whatever.
As long as there’s crispy, soft, chewy dough, sauce and cheese(lotsa) – then I don’t care.
I can’t believe you didn’t put bacon on this pizza!! That would be delicious!
Speaking of bacon, have you seen bacon lollipops?
Pingback: » Making Your Mother’s Day Keep It Sweet
This looks fantastic! I just made my first pizza and came back from jazz fest in New Orleans so this looks perfect to try next! Thanks for the great looking recipe!
I made this over the weekend. I really liked it! Thanks. Looking forward to trying the margarita chicken tacos….yummm. And whatever that secret cookie/ice cream heavenly thing is.
BTW, thanks for the pizza dough tip. It turned out great. I’m over store-bought doughs now. I never had a recipe that was as easy and delicious as this one!
Crispy shrimp is enough to get me excited. Put it on a pizza and I’m shamelessly obsessed.
I made this and it was amazing !
just made this for dinner. it was DELICIOUS. i think i might dream of crispy shrimp tonight.
Made this and it quickly became everyone’s favorite! On the menu again for this week, so good.
Pingback: Crispy Shrimp Sandwiches | How Sweet It Is
I searched Google for “Shrimp Pizza” and yours was at the top of the list. It looks very tasty. Obviously it sounded good being that I was searching for a recipe for it. Now I’ve just got to go make it. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! Searched for shrimp pizza got a good recipe and a laugh! :)
Ever wonder what makes a flyer good or bad? “The response” is the answer. Simply put, the flyer must give the reader an incentive to call, visit, or purchase.Printable Pizza Discount Coupons
I made this tonight and it was soooo good! Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Help! Do you separate the dough into four before or after letting it rise? Thank you!!
Pingback: crispy shrimp pizza | The Baking Fairy
Pingback: There Is More To Pizza Than Cheese | khandoitnow
I made them
it turn out amazing <3
Pingback: crispy shrimp pizza | The Baking Fairy
Pingback: If You Eat Shrimp, You Should Really Know Why It Turns Pink | Home
Pingback: If You Eat Shrimp, You Should Really Know Why It Turns Pink – The Traditional Kitchen
Pingback: If You Eat Shrimp, You Should Really Know Why It Turns Pink – Millionaires Living
Pingback: If You Eat Shrimp, You Should Really Know Why It Turns Pink | All Of Beer
Pingback: If You Eat Shrimp, You Should Really Know Why It Turns Pink – All of Beer
Pingback: If You Eat Shrimp, You Should Really Know Why It Turns Pink | Beer News