Grown Up Pumpkin Pie Milkshakes.
Uhhh yes… why yes, I am posting a “recipe” for a milkshake.
Feel free to kick me in the teeth.
It’s not that I think you’re too inept to know how to put ice cream scoops and milk in a blender and push “start”… it’s just that I’m not sure you know how to add a few hefty slugs of bourbon.
See? I knew we were in this relationship for a reason.
Ooooh and I also really enjoyed this (some would say too much) and didn’t want you to go a day without it. That’s the real reason.
Okay… and the third (real) reason is that my last-minute planned cookies were a big fat fail on Tuesday and my teeth are sweet today. Sue me.
And I’ve already done all the other boring-yet-delicious, typical, !OMGit’spumpkinseason! recipes so what better way to ring in Fall with a refreshing beverage that tastes like pie with a side of liquor?
This is my kind of thing. I hope it’s yours too.
Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Milkshakes
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream or half and half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2-3 ounces of bourbon
- frosting + sprinkles, or cinnamon sugar for glasses
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until combined. Rim glasses with a light coating of frosting then dip in sprinkles. Pour in shake and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Top with whipped cream if desired. Serve!
Oh and these fun autumn sprinkles? They came from Janetha. Man I love that girl.