Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie.
I made you a pie.
Well, okay… I made you the filling of a pie.
I bought the crust.
I don’t do crusts. Remember when I tried? Yeah… not happening.
But I made croissants so that makes up for it. Hmmpf!
Way back when I shared a chocolate chip cookie pie that I found on a yellowed scrap of newspaper in my mom’s recipe box… and it literally tasted like a giant chocolate chip cookie. It was oooey and gooey and even… chewy. Yes.
I’ve only made it once since then because if it’s made, it’s eaten.
All of it.
Just try it. Double dare.
So… I made the pie with pumpkin. Know why? Because I dreamt it. Yep. I’m totally serious.
I woke up on Sunday morning with one thought in my mind: pumpkin chocolate chip cookie pie. It was blaring in my head like a siren. I have no idea why.
Alright, I sorta do.
See, for the last four weeks I’ve been trying to perfect a seriously CHEWY pumpkin chocolate chip cookie. Yes, I’ve had the normal pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. They were one of the first recipes I ever posted here, complete with pictures to make your skin crawl. Buuuut… I’m done with them. I don’t even want to see another one. I want chew, not cake. CHEW. If I want a cakey cookie, I’ll make a darn cake. I want a cookie that chews and spits out melty chocolate chips.
I’m probably the reason for the pumpkin shortage because, um… I think I’ve gone through at least 10 cans trying to perfect these stupid chewy cookies. It’s driving me insaaaaaaaane! Good news is I’ve nailed it and will share it soon enough. Better news is that this pie was worth sharing over those cookies.
I’m convinced waking up with pumpkin cookie pie on the brain was the universe’s way of telling me to lay off the cookies.
Oh, except for one thing. The pumpkin… it kind of took away the chew of the pie. *hangs head*
Not all of it. It’s still cookie-like, it just definitely adds a bit of cakey-ness. But I’m not one to complain. (<– really? since I’ve now complained this entire post.) I’m so annoyed with pumpkin right now. Why can’t it have chew-inducing molecules, or whatever the heck it has to have to stop being so cakey?
Anyway, I wanted to pie myself in the face with this. If that tells you anything.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- whipped cream or ice cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs until foamy. Beat in flour, sugar and brown sugar until well blended. Add in vanilla extract, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and mix until combined. Blend in melted butter with mixer on low speed, then gradually increase to high and beat until mixture is combined and you have a batter. Toss chocolate chips with a sprinkling of flour and fold into batter.
- Pour into an unbaked 9-inch pie shell. Bake for 55 minutes, or until center is no longer jiggly.
- Serve warm with ice cream of whipped cream.
P.S. Sorry about the store bought crust. But not really.