1. I live less than 30 seconds from a Dairy Queen and with the weather hitting the 90s consistently, it takes all my effort to not get a sprinkle-covered cone every single day. Clearly I’m failing.
2. OMG. No… OMG. My face is freaking out over these homemade cheesesteaks. They are happening.
3. On Sunday night we had pulled pork tacos, and I’m pretty sure the only thing that would have made them better are these beer tortillas. Is this even serious?
4. I’m in California… my husband is in Alabama… and at this rate he is just enjoying not wearing a breathe right strip and I’m enjoying hogging AN ENTIRE BED to myself. I’m a horrible married person and just want to sleep in my own bed every night. While I blast the air conditioning on my face.
5. Do you think I still have a dazzleglass obsession? I don’t. Nevermind.
6. Since we can’t talk about Girls anymore (although there is probably enough craptastic info in those episodes that I could easily discuss it for the next 365 days), I must whine how I watched ANOTHER Girls-a-thon on Saturday and heard like, 30 new lines that I somehow missed before. I feel that this qualifies me to watch a few more marathons just to succeed at knowing everything about every single episode.
7. My husband still wants to wretch when he walks in the room and I have it on. He immediately leaves and then pretends to ignore it, only to mutter under his breath the next day that “the writing is terrible!” or “these girls are pathetic!” or “this show is everything wrong with society!” and then “this is not real life!” Um, no. This IS real life. That’s like my dad trying to tell me at age 17 that watching The Real World was not preparing me for the real world because it “was not the real world!” Uh… it was totally the real world.
8. I have no idea if anyone knows just how excited I am for the Olympics. I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching the Olympics. It’s like the best thing in the world and totally hypocritical, laying on the couch consuming alcohol and pizza and then probably ice cream while watching world class athletes sweat their rear off, and skipping workouts on Saturdays to watch the things that are on at weird times and missing morning exercise because you stay up all night watching the random stuff that doesn’t get shown on prime time. I.love.it. It makes me want to do a triathlon or something. Buuuut… that would require running. Barf.
9. This outrageously obnoxious polish has made many frequent appearances this June. I will never be sorry, ever.
10. You know what I’d like to know? Is there anyone in the universe that goes into Target and actually leaves the place with exactly what they intended? Because I left the place with five different black dresses last week. Slap me.
11. What book are you reading rightthisminute? I’m waiting with baited breath for Emily Giffin’s newest book because, well… I live and die for chick lit. And I’m so freaking proud of it. My shoes are also usually pink, so yeahhhh. Total cliche. Hate me if you must. I also am trying to figure out how I can go see Magic Mike… for obvious reasons. Three strikes and I’m out?
12. Know how many times I’ve made that roasted caprese panzanella salad? About 12. Know how many days have passed since I first shared the recipe? Seven. You do the math. (Because I really suck at it.)
13. In very sad news, I think my herbs are done for. Whomp whomp. They just… aren’t growing. And do you even KNOW how much conflicting information is on the internets? Water more, water less, more sun, less sun, new soil, pick the leaves, don’t pick the leaves… OMG my brain. Just like how I wish everything would magically appear without me having to work for it, why can’t my herbs just like… grow? But but but – I do have tomatoes! They are cute. I hope I will eat them.
14. See #’s 7 and 13 for reasons why my generation is horrific.
86 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Love, Love Emily Griffin and can’t wait to read her new book. I saw that she is going to be in PA for a book signing here is the info in case it is close to you.
Tuesday, July 31 | 7pm
Chester County Books & Music Company
975 Paoli Pike
West Chester, PA
I just finished Bared To You: A Crossfire Novel, similar to 50 Shades, but better written.
And I already have lined up 2 trips to see Magic Mike, it may warrant a 3rd visit.
Thanks for starting my morning off with a few chuckles!
I sooo hear you when it comes to the Olympics….watch, sit, eat.
Hope your day is extraordinary!
Freaking LOVE the opympics!!! I watched diving trials for hours on my way back to Colorado. :)
Really? You love to hog the whole bed? Me, too! And chick lit? I live for pink and green books. I also made plans already to go see Magic Mike with girlfriends. It is definitely a girlfriend type of movie. Have fun!
Dairy Queen is the only way I can make it thorough 90+ degree days! I get a cherry dipped cone, and it usually ends up all over me before I can successfully shove it in my face. I’m classy.
Also, Target is my kryptonite.
Ummm I’ll go see Magic Mike with you!!! Pretty sure my husband will divorce me if I try to make him go (I mean it’s bad enough I drug him 6 hours away from home to see new kids on the block). Sooooo yeah pretty sure I can’t convince him to go. Also love the Olympics! I think our TV is tuned to track and field 24 hours a day. I personally like the gymnastics and secretly hate every single one of them because they can do the splits and I can’t.
So excited for the Olynpics!! Seriously can not wait!
Literally, I was in Target last night and left with 400 times more than I was planning on buying. when the cashier asked me if I had found everything I was looking for, I just stared at her in disbelief as I watched the amount I would be paying climb through the roof on the register behind her. She laughed and said, “I guess that’s a yes. I get that look all the time.” but I COULDN’T LEAVE WITHOUT EVERY ITEM IN MY CART. and hey, that shirt was on sale.
please note: I went to Target for concealer and thank you cards. I left with the thank you cards (plus about a gajillion other things), but I forgot the concealer. now I’ll have to go BACK to get it, plus a bajillion MORE things, because THIS IS WHAT TARGET DOES TO YOU. you evil, wonderful store, you.
I’ve never ever left target with only what I went in there for. It’s almost to the point where I talk myself into going to another store to get things just so that I won’t go on a target-buying binge.
LOVE Emily Giffin! Let us know how the book is. Right now I’m reading “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?” by Mindy Kaling and I love it, she’s hilarious. Also I am seeing Magic Mike Friday (after being so excited about it for weeks…I need a life) and have been told I should buy stock in Target because I am always there. I have a problem. You are not alone.
I’m jealous of your tomatoes! My plant, I’m pretty sure, can be pronounced dead. Though I thought that once before, then it briefly sprung back. Then it died again. And here we are.
Does that nail polish chip a lot? I seem to use my hands a lot for…I don’t know, playing with my hair? Its not like I’m a carpenter. But my nails chip SO quickly. I’m always looking for polishes that are relatively long-lasting.
So, I manage to get out of Target with only my list items ONLY if my husband is shopping with me. He doesn’t allow me to browse. When it’s just me, however, forget it. I have no self-control in that store.
So going to Magic Mike tonight for a preview (I would take you but you live a border crossing away). I will have lots of eye candy and then will go home and play MASH with Tatum, Joe, Mathew and Tatum as possible husbands!!
Please be my best friend. We are like THE SAME person! Have you joined goodreads? I’m a total advocate for that site because you can rate books you love and they give you suggestions of similar books you’d like. You can also become friends with your authors and read all about their lives, but who does that!? :D
1. I too am SUPER excited about the Olympics! Gymnastics and running and horse jumping oh my! :) I am trying to be really smart and read all tbe books listed on Rory Gilmore’s reading list that I found on Pinterest…right now I am reading 1984….I want to read Emily Giffin’s new book…
Paige…OMG Rory Gilmore’s reading list???!!!!! I am sooooo finding that!!!!!!
Grow mint! It grows like a weed and is the only thing I haven’t killed. It could care less if you give it a gallon of water a day or no water at all. It will still take over! And who doesn’t like mojitos?
I can’t wait for Magic Mike. You must be proud of Pittsburgh native, Joe Manganiello. :) I am loving all of the promotion surrounding this movie.
I bought a new to me cheese at Trader Joe’s and thought of you, and what you would make with it. It is called “Unexpected Cheedar Cheese”. I have yet to try it.
Is there anyone in the universe that goes into Target and actually leaves the place with exactly what they intended?
Me! Unless I don’t find what I want; then I leave with less than what I intended.
I’m reading A Dance With Dragons (aka the 5th book in the Game of Thrones series). I love, love, love these books. I will also read anything else on the planet too. Who is Emily Griffin? Are her books like the shopaholic ones?
I’m reading The Night Circus….so far seems like The Hunger Games at a creepy-ish, yet interesting and mysterious, night time circus.
You’re from Pittsburgh. Aren’t you supposed to call those things jimmies??
As for #13 I say rip the suckers out when they die and plant new ones that are even bigger and then just lie to everybody and tell them how fabulous your herbs are growing!
This post made me laugh out loud. Love it!
The Olympics are seriously my favorite thing ever. Summer or Winter. I actually cry when they are over. I wish I was joking about that.
So going to see Magic Mike asap. And the best thing about my life right now is that I will be back in the good ol’ USA on Saturday and I plan on buying way more things than I need in a Target.
Your Tuesday things crack me up. I actually just started watching Girls again last night. So good. Have a great weekend!
I have literally been counting down the MONTHS until Emily Giffin’s new book! I wish she could just write faster ;)
I just finished the Kite Runner, it’s an amazing book I’d definitely recommend that you read it !
i too share your love of chick lit though i usually feel like i’m like seven years too long in but oh well.
MAGIC MIKE. just do it. you won’t be sorry…….
i shall now resume daydreaming about the ridiculousness that is channing tatum.
I work nights and my husband works days, so I am totally used to having the bed all to myself, and I’ve got to admit I looooove it. My nights off when I have to share? No bueno! I’m also a terrible wife, apparently.