1. See this pork? It’s from one of my all-time favorite restaurants and it literally fell right off that bone. It was one of the best flavor combinations that I’ve ever had in my life.
2. Oh and that pork was eaten at the event I mentioned last Friday… you know the one where I wore jeans and the attire was cocktail-ish? You guys keep asking me more details and well, I don’t really have any. Besides the fact that I wore freaking neon pink jeans and my dirty hair piled on top of my head. So embarrassing. And of course instead of being cool and accepting it, the minute I started talking to people I’d be all “OMG, I’m so underdressed, OMG, I didn’t know the attire, blah blah blah.” Yeah. Yee haw.
3. While we’re talking about pork, I really want to make some pulled pork and serve it with these zucchini roll ups. I CANNOT stop thinking about them. My cousin and I were discussing them at midnight last night, that’s how obsessed we are. Something about smoky grill flavor and creamy goat cheese… gah, just stop.
4. Remember how I was talking about DD pumpkin coffee last week? Well I’m ashamed (but not really) to admit that I’ll drive ten minutes out of my way to go to the DD with a drive-thru. Just so, like, I don’t have to GET UP OFF MY BUTT AND WALK INSIDE. Ugh. So lazy. Clearly I’m also too lazy to spell out Dunkin Donuts.
5. Wait and something else… when I drink this iced coffee? Within like 20 minutes I feel drunk and like I’m on some sort of crazy spazzed drug. I get all happy and feel like I can do ANYTHING! This might be because I don’t ingest much caffeine (soda burns the heck out of my throat/chest) and this might be why I continue to drink it even though I sometimes hold my nose so I don’t have to taste it.
6. Bored with, well… life? Here are 30 things you should do right now. Gosh I love that list. Especially #5. And #12. And #25.
7. I cannot physically allow you to take one more breath before telling you about this soup. OMG… this soup. It’s a green lentil soup made with coconut oil and coconut butter, then topped with spiced brown butter. I will forever profess my love to Heidi Swanson.
I dipped about a million pieces of bread in there too… and then I also ate it this morning for BREAKFAST after my workout. Who does that?
8. I think it’s safe to assume that I will never get enough s’mores items – you’re talking to the person who has combined butter and graham crumbs in a bowl them microwaved them and topped with marshmallow fluff and chocolate chips – so I am just losing my mind over these s’mores rice krispie treats and mini s’mores tarts. Can’t even deal.
9. It’s never been a secret that I get waaaay too emotionally attached to celebrity relationships (I’m a wacky daydreamer, what can I say? Makes for good (read: deliciously unrealistic) fiction writing though.) so can we just take a minute and give it up for these 10 celeb relationships that give us hope? I’m sure in like five minutes one of them will break up, but for now… can we figure out how I can become BFFs with Tom Hanks?
10. Dirty Dancing has been on Lifetime or some cable channel like that a lot recently and it’s actually been played back to back. So I’ve watched two full showings of Dirty Dancing – one right after another… multiple times in the last week. I think for a total of eight or so? And THEN, after I watched on Friday night, I spent about an hour you-tubing and googling things about Patrick Swayze. I started my blog the day that he passed away and talked about how he was my first ever crush. That movie was definitely The Notebook of the 80s. And 90s. I hope someday when I have kids they actually like the movie, but chances of that happening are slim. It will be OMGsoold by then.
11. Are you oh-so-sick of everyone talking about Fall? I’m sorry… but not at all. I freaking love the crunch of leaves under my shoes. Best.season.ever. If only there was more neon pink in autumn.
12. Apparently Bella is a human. Or so she thinks.
41 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I’m sooo obsessed with Tom and Rita! And after looking at her hair, maybe bangs are a bad idea for me. WHO REALLY KNOWS.
And I’m sorry, but Dirty Dancing is the Notebook of forever and ever.
GOSH, that dog! I can’t even.
and YEEEESSSSSS to reading. actual. books. I love them. I smell them. I stack them.
Bella could not be prettier! So cute. And I think neon pink jeans are acceptable at any event ;)
That soup looks amazing! And since I just cleaned out our fridge and we are officially out of food except for frozen chicken and tons of batches of frozen, cooked lentils I just found tomorrow nights dinner!
I say that if food and drinks were being served on paper and plastic, then the floor-length gowns were a bit much. Indeed. I know it’s hard if you were the only one, but I think you were the smart one!
That soup looks FAB!! I was actually planning on making split pea soup tonight, believe it or not. I think I’ll switch to this recipe. YUM!
That soup sounds delish! I’d eat it for breakfast, too. Who says breakfast is all about oatmeal and eggs? Pssh. :)
I think I need some of that iced coffee you’re drinking!! Dirty Dancing is one of my all time favs and those s’mores look amazing!!
I hate to admit how well I understand #2…went to a fancy schmancy engagement party that read “Casual Attire” in some dark jeans and a sweater. BAD IDEA!!! I guess casual attire to snooty people actually means dresses and heels!!
Bella, te amo!! Love pumpkin coffee!! Fall is the best season, but i haven’t been able to
experience it for 29 years when we moved to Texas. But we’re moving to Colorado in the Spring.. I will be SO glad to see Colorado in the Fall!!!
BTW I am also WAY obsessed with James Taylor!!
I saw Tom Hanks in Chicago once and nearly jumped out of my car after him. He was wearing pinks shorts and totally owning them.
I’m just getting into fall and it’s great. Not sick of it, at all! Talk to me in November though :)
And Heidi’s cookbooks rock. I put them down for a couple year(s) and then open them up again and it’s all new again and her recipes are so timeless!
haha I do the same thing to get coffee from the Starbucks drive through!
Also, I made your chicken cheesesteaks last week…OMG! I could bathe in that white cheddar sauce. I can’t stop dreaming about them. If I could eat them for every meal I think I would. Thanks for sharing it!
I saw so many zucchini roll ups on various blogs this summer, but they looked like utter trash when I tried to make them! Still tasty though….
DYING over those mini s’mores tarts!!!
And it makes me so happy that they included same-sex couples in that list. However, the couple that gave *me* hope was Will Arnett and Amy Poehler, and they just split :( :( :(
Hahaha. You talk about being lazy, but then you mention workouts!
I hate going to events without being clear on the attire. Alas, it happens to all of us :)
If Ryan Gosling isn’t going to get his act together and be with me, he should be with Rachel McAdams forever. Someone tell him that and to dump Eva. Ugh. Doesn’t he KNOW?! Also, I love Bella. Also, you have me HOOKED on Thought Catalog. I say that every week, I know, but you’re the only one I can tell because no one in my life cares. So unfair.
I literally saw this post on Facebook and screamed “OH, IT’S TUESDAY!!” It’s the little things. Love these :D
Bacon Makes everything better!
Dirty Dancing = best movie EVER!
Do you need a pulled pork recipe? I have one on my site. It’s time consuming, but I guarantee it will be the juiciest pulled pork you have ever tasted!
I like to be up to date with my current events so of course I watch E! News everyday. Today they were talking to a stylist about fashion week and the trends for spring- you know, real importanat stuff. Anyways, she said neon will still be in next season. Yay!!! I totally thought of you :)
That green lentil soup has my name all over it. Seriously. :D
#9 – YES.
I just found out today (I’m late to the party) that Amy Poehler and Will Arnett are splitting. So terribly sad.
So happy to hear I am not the only lazy one who will drive out of my way just to get coffee through a drive thru!
wow Bella looks so grown up! she’s quite a beauty
Dirty Dancing is one of the only movies I can watch over and over and not get sick of it. I miss Patrick Swayze! The part where they are dancing at the end, and he looks at Baby like he loves her so much it hurts….ugh… I can’t even talk about it.
Beyonce/Jay-Z and Gavin and Gwen are my 4 favorite people ever! Ok, my 4 favorite people that I’ve never met. Gah! I want them to come be my couple friends! Also, not only am I over people talking about fall, I’m over it pretty much being fall – when can I get some more 100 degree days?
bella is freaking adorable!
#4 – when i drank coffee, i would totally drive the opposite way adding 20-30min to my driving time, just to go through a drive-thru place. i totally get you.
pulled pork is one of the best things ever.
and lastly, the story of your pink jeans was awesome. and the fact that you’d bring it up…i would so do that because i’d be so flustered and embarrassed!
I’m right with you on the s’mores obsession & I have two words for you…. S’mores Granola. I just saw it on the Crazy For Crust blog & am going to try it the minute I get home.
ate at meat and potatoes on a trip to pgh this summer – loooooooved it
Love love love the idea of pulled pork with those zucchini roll-ups! Also, Bella should totally go on a date with my dog Logan if they were in the same state! The two of them together would be like an explosion of cuteness.
There’s nothing wrong with driving 10 minutes to DD, especially if it’s a pretty drive. Drive through is much faster and I don’t have to turn off the car, wait in line, and watch all the drive through customers enjoying their drinks while I am still in line waiting to order mine : )
Its really sad but I cry every time I watch Dirty Dancing at the big dance at the end I just cry. Sad I know. I would so rock neon pink jeans at a cocktail party
I always look forward to your Tuesday Things. Its always so much fun to read! I thought I was the only one who still felt that way about actual books. I love being able to touch the actual book and the pages. Everytime I go to a thrift store I leave loaded down with books. And Bella is adorable!!!
Meat and potatoes! YES!!!!!!!! If you haven’t already, you must go there for brunch sometime. It’s amazing. AMAZING!! Such fun cocktails too!!! Including one that tastes like lemon pez! And I know you hate veggies but the bloody Mary bar is pretty fun!!!
Umm…I ate leftover pesto pasta for breakfast (and yesterday, I ate some korean tofu), so I’m not one to talk. That’s a lot weirder than soup, I think.
Also–can you do a kitchen tour one day?! That would be fun! I would love to see where you concoct all these delicious recipes.
Pingback: Healthy Harvest Chicken Soup | How Sweet It Is
Pingback: Healthy Harvest Chicken Soup. | Lifestyle Pins
obsessed with that soup also! the paneer cubes are completely worth it…paneer’s expensive at whole foods but half the price at the indian food stores!
Pingback: Healthy Harvest Chicken Soup. » A Bowl Full Of Blogs