1. I think we can all agree that it’s the season where you have to slightly bundle up due to chilly weather, only to get in your car which was probably sitting in the sun and therefore is a FREAKING OVEN, leading you to blast the AC on high and learn how to strip and drive. Right?
2. Speaking of chilly temps, please tell me I’m not the only one who, the minute someone says “brrr,” replies with “it’s cold in here… there must be some torros in the atmosphere!”
3. Say hello to my dinner this week: pumpkin + fried sage flatbreads. I know RIGHT. Uh, and I would be forever grateful to someone for showing up on my doorstep with this. Not even sure what I’d do, but it would be huge.
4. I have a serious question. Do the producers of Dancing with the Stars really think that anyone is going to want to watch after this season, when the dancing is incredible and they are allowing all these crazy tricks? Because they are going to have to knock it out of the park for me to care after this. Oh and PS: given my love for the 90s, I think this dance was made for me. Also: that song comes on all the time during my workouts. Embarrassing.
5. I would absolutely love to carve a pumpkin, but this happens every year and it should come as no surprise that I just do not have the patience. I think it sounds so fun and we lay newspaper down on the kitchen floor and about four minutes in I want to quit. I still hate crafts, by the way.
6. So… I never really liked donuts. I mean, I did… but I just didn’t care about them that much? I could take ’em or leave ’em. But now all of a sudden I am obsessed with donuts. Like I want to eat them everyday. This is not a good problem to have. Don’t your tastebuds change a few times during the course of your life? Maybe mine are developing more donut buds?
7. Speaking of things I freakishly love, I realized last night that there has been a serious lack of bacon recipes in these parts lately. I don’t know why, except for the fact that I’ve been cooking a lot for myself lately and forgetting about bacon or something? I don’t know. But whatever, I remedied that problem today. Heavily.
8. If it weren’t for bacon, I could probably become a vegetarian who doesn’t eat many vegetables. Oh wait… but what about roasted chicken? And especially, roasted chicken skin? Oh and pulled pork? Never mind.
9. For a giggle… reasons to be wearing Uggs in 2012. Seriously. That post is like angels singing.
10. Okay, seriously, does there REALLY have to be a horror movie commercial on like every five minutes? It’s killing me. No, really, it is. Like literally. Because every time one comes on, I either almost have a heart attack because I’m so scared or accidentally punch myself in the face because I’m throwing everything around searching for the remote in order to change the channel as quickly as possible. I’m gonna lose an eye doing that one of these nights.
11. You know how a few weeks ago I mentioned that my husband had started drinking wine? Well he told me over the weekend that he doesn’t have a desire to listen to country music… like, at all. I honestly think he has been abducted by aliens.
97 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I look forward to your Tuesday posts each week! And yes, torros all the way! I had many of the cheers from that movie in my head for an entire day because my office is freeeezing and I kept saying “brrr.”
You my friend may find a truckload of pumpkin and sage flatbread on your doorstep any day now. Is your stoop big enough? Thx lovely lady!
Love reading your Tuesday things! Also, you got me hooked to the Thought Catalog!
# 2, for sure. “oh, eee, oh, eeee, oh, ICE!”
1 – hate when that happens!
2 – bring it on is one of the best.movies.ever. i’ve seen all the “bring it on” movies. and i just admitted that.
6 – i barely like donuts, but i love me a good maple bar. especially a maple bar topped with bacon.
heh. tuesday things makes me happy every week.
first… pumpkin carving… you should try a linoleum cutter, perhaps? you still have to cut the top (or bottom) out to put a candle in it… but a linoleum cutter only peels away the top layer of the pumpkin (SO much easier). so you can make all these cool, kickass designs or pictures in a serious fraction of the time… ya know, get your fix and not want to go crazy :) and it’ll still show through. (http://www.countryliving.com/crafts/projects/Pumpkin-Carving-1006#slide-1) also, please don’t judge me for posting something from country living. i’m obsessed with fall and they always have good ideas. sigh.
second… i was totally up til 1 am looking at thought catalog. all your fault. and i love it.
third… scary movies. i agree. awful.
Speaking of chilly temps, please tell me I’m not the only one who, the minute someone says “brrr,” replies with “it’s cold in here… there must be some torros in the atmosphere!”
Ha.Ha.Ha. I have so said this before and I almost always think/sing it.
Sage. Oh Sage!!! My friend made this delicious sage chip thingie that we had a short obsession with. (ended when my sage plants died) A thin pancake consistency batter water, flour and garlic powder. Dip sage leaves in it and then fry them. Kick in the head delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DYING reading that article about Uggs. And here I thought i was the last hold out.
You’re making me regret not getting hot chocolate and a donut this morning.
LOVE your Tuesday Things! I can totally relate to the pumpkin carving, too. This year we painted instead! The chevron painting was a little difficult for me because I have no crafty bone in my body. Thank goodness for wine during it! The rest on my post are SOOOO easy. Hope this helps :)
I’ve been in a pumpkin carving mood for weeks now. I’m sure as soon as I start scooping out the pumpkin guts I’ll be over it. BUt for now, I want to get my hands on those tiny saws and carve away!
OMG, Jess!! I’m in COMPLETE agreement with the horror movie promos! ugh. …and SERIOUSLY who’s going to want to watch DWTS after an all-stars season?!?!
#2 — YES!! And when my husband thinks I have too much energy, I always say..
We cheer and we lead
We act like we’re on speed!!
in regards to #4, I’ve heard it told that once a show decides to bring back it’s “all-stars” you know it’s on the way out. it’s a last-ditch effort to boost ratings. so no, they probably do not expect anyone to watch it after this season :( also, you should start having dinners that consist only of bacon, donuts, and wine ;)
Now I have that Bring it On song stuck in my head… and I might be dancing to it at work. Oops.
I do that too! Thought I was the only one. I say my daughter’s name now instead of toros. She is 7 and thinks it’s hilarious. I”m sure that will only last about a minute longer.
I also had a change of tastebuds…. I grew up loving potato chips and I still do, but recently I discovered that I adore candy. Like, sour candies, and five cent candies, and little strawberry shortcake gummi candy things in little packages that I can actually eat in one sitting.
Also, I’m with you on the horror films… but my boyfriend LOVES them…. October is a rough month for me.
WHAAAAAT? I love my Uggs! I have 8 pairs of boots, a pair of Lucianna wedges that I got married in and a pair of comfy flats. Even my husband loves his Uggs! Clearly the author has never worn a pair. Just sayin’.
Sooo… the Ugg list was pretty hilarious.
But I still love my Uggs. I’m sorry. But not really. I can’t help it!
I do, however, live only about an hour and a half south of the Waffle House in Greensboro, North Carolina… maybe that explains things?
Love Tuesday Things.
I just started loving doughnuts, too! I “donut” know what happened… (Bad pun alert.) I made a batch of pumpkin doughnuts because I was too lazy to go out and buy some. (The leftovers made great pumpkin doughnut bread pudding.) Doughnuts have replaced ice cream as my treat of choice.
OMGlee! You are like my sister from another mister. or something like that. Seriously, I think we’d be friends in real life. or maybe I’d just really hope that and you’d be all “ya, right, you’re waaaaaaaaay too annoying with the wanting to be my friend and all and I’m just not willing to make new friends anymore ’cause I haven’t since like 1998” (’cause I, too, haven’t made new friends since like 1998, so not worth the hassle n stuff. And also? My close girlfriends, they already know all about my crazy and still love me anyways, so why would I want to put in the effort to pretend to be normal for new chicks then right?!) but I digress- So your blog just like speaks to my soul. And I just wanted to tell you that. And also? You’re pretty much the only reason I know how to spell “quinoa”. Thanks!
gah. That UGG post. The only way I’d love it more was if I wasn’t wearing them right now…. *AHEM* haha
hahaha! Why have i never clicked on the crumbs tab before? I definitely do the toro chant and maybe through in the foot stomp sometimes. And in cases of emergency, plug your ears and sing until the horror movie commercial is over. The only problem with this technique is you have to peak to check if it’s over so sometimes I see a one second creepy flash.
Pingback: 3 Bean Chili Pot Pies with Cornbread Biscuits | How Sweet It Is
You make me laugh!
Totally agree with the horror movie commercials. They are gonna give me and my children nightmares!
But i gotta admit, I love my Uggs, it was cold last winter people, and think we need to start a collection and get that girl some.
Pingback: Three Bean Chili Pot Pies! | Lifestyle Pins
Okay, re: 2: not only do I hear the line, I hear the foot-stomps and claps that go with the cheer. It…is a problem.
Re: 6: donuts are the best thing and I’m glad you’ve come to the dark side, PS here comes the requisite “ARE YOU PREGNANT?” question. <3
Tuesday things is the highlight of my blog reading week! To say that you and I think alike would be a complete understatement. In regards to #2 I literally burst out laughing when I read that because I can’t even tell you how many times I have done that in my head and almost said it out loud. Best/most quotable movie ever! Also with #5 I watched my friends carve pumpkins for 2 hours! 2 freaking hours…um no! All set with that, I also do not have that kind of patience. I sat inside where it was nice and toasty with a beer in hand and watched football. As always I look forward to next weeks post :)
Ahhhh! I KNOW I have to get rid of the Uggs. Probem is, I have MS and need support and comfort in my boots. Also, I have to wear yoga pants mort of teh time.
Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE recommend something? I have some Merrell and Keen boats, a pair from DKNY…but I need suggestions! What about Toms Wrap boots?
numbers 2 & 10 make me think we are the same person
#2….yes. Always. Always. Always! ha! :)
lmfao i love your post! you totally made me laugh out loud at work! yes ido think of ” there must be some torros in the atmospher” every time i hear “brrr”, its only the best movie ever!
haha love this!
Pingback: Peanut Butter Cream Filled Donuts with Chocolate Drizzle | How Sweet It Is
Pingback: Peanut Butter Cream Filled Donuts. | Lifestyle Pins