Everything White Bean Hummus.
I ignored *everything* bagels for a long time.
I mean, a really long time. I think it was the whole onion thing. I thought I didn’t really like onions back in the day but I think that was only because they are a vegetable and also because they were semi-offensive in raw form when I was a kid.
Then you learn that onions are like, the basis of all beautiful flavors and that you should get your act together.
Then you eat an everything bagel and think you’ve died. So good.
Speaking of bagels, I have a giant bone to pick with Dunkin Donuts. Do people – and by people, I mean the majority of the general population – not like their bagels toasted or something? Like really toasted? Because every time I get a bagel there, it’s barely warm with not a hint of golden toastiness. So for the last few years I’ve been asking for it toasted “well done” and ummm… it looks the same. I find myself screaming into the drive thru intercom (because god forbid I get off my lazy rear and actually WALK inside) PUHLEASE REALLY TOAST MY BAGEL. LIKE I WANT IT BROWN.
Ugh. I’m very passionate about this. Obviously.
It’s just that when I want something toasted, I want it toasted. We’ve already discussed this though so I won’t bore you again. I just don’t get it when people want something toasted and by toasted they mean slightly warm with no crunch.
Now that you think I’m a stark raving lunatic, I’m guessing you’ve maybe also figured out that this hummus is supposed to be like an everything bagel. That would be correct. Yay for smarts.
Here’s my stance on the everything seasoning: I think it’s best when it’s all meshed together and covering something. Does that make sense? That is why I didn’t stir it all into the dip. The hummus certainly has flavor: roasted garlic, toasted sesame oil, all that good stuff, and the seasoning will most likely get swirled throughout this silky beans when you’re dipping your favorite cracker inside, but I think it works best when just showered on top.
It’s prettier too. Pretty food = less calories. Just decided that right now.
- 3 cups cooked cannellini/great northern beans, or 2 cans, drained and rinsed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil + more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 whole head of roasted garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- crackers for serving
- In a small bowl, combine dried onion, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic, sea salt and black pepper. Toss to mix.
- Add beans and roasted garlic to a food processor and pulse and blend until combined the beans begin to puree, about 2-3 minutes. With the processor still going, stream in olive oil and sesame oil, blending continuously for a few minutes (and scraping down the sides if needed) until as smooth as desired. Add salt and taste, adding more if desired but remember – all of the seasoning will go on top.
- Add hummus to a bowl and drizzle with extra olive oil. Pour everything seasoning overtop and serve immediately.
- P.S. it is essential that you like the “everything” seasoning to enjoy this!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
Cracker stack! It’s like a cracker and hummus cake. Let’s make it a thing.
182 Comments on “Everything White Bean Hummus.”
Pingback: 35 Next-Level Appetizers For Your Holiday Party | My Blog
Trader Joes sells an”everything but the bagel” seasoning that is just perfect for this!
Pingback: 11 Hummus Recipes That Will Make You Ditch Store-Bought for Good - google healths
Just tried this and love it!
I too LOVE everything bagels. I got so excited when I found your recipe I rushed to the kitchen to see if I had all the ingredients. I did and went right to work. In my excitement, I misread the recipe. While blending it all together I added the everything mix to the processor with the bean mixture. Anyhow it is still amazing. It won´t last very long. I am already thinking of what else to use it with. Thank you for the awesome recipes!!!B.Karr
Pingback: A Hummus Festival Is Coming To The UK And You're All Invited – FREE PRESS WEB
Pingback: Friday Faves - foodiecrush
Pingback: Recipe for a Vegan Diet – Emma's Nutrition Blog
Pingback: Smoked Salmon Platter - How to Make a Smoked Salmon Platter
Pingback: 10 Diabetes Friendly Hummus Recipes for Your Summer Picnic - Diabetics Weekly
Pingback: 30 Homemade Hummus Recipes You'll Want To Eat All Day
Pingback: Rachel Schultz: "ALLES BAGEL" HUMMUS - Rezepte Go Go Go
Pingback: Brisket Melts - Pumpkin Beer Braised Brisket Melts
Pingback: 15 Easy Homemade Hummus Recipes (Part 1) - Style Motivation
Pingback: 30 Days of Cholesterol Diet Recipes You'll Actually Enjoy
Pingback: Everything Smoked Salmon Tart. – specialslice.site
Pingback: Smoked Salmon Tart - Everything Smoked Salmon Puff Pastry - TheDirtyGyro
Pingback: How to make a breakfast board - Phuketimes news
Pingback: How to make a breakfast board
Pingback: 20 Easy Cold Appetizers - Making It All Work