1. I have decided that breakfast is so ridiculously good because there is no vegetable pressure. NONE. No guilt over the need to include a salad or a side of broccoli. Instead, you just eat all the toast and eggs and hollandaise you’d like. Winning! (P.S. is this font coming up small? It is for me and I can’t figure out how to fix it because it looks normal and it’s making me insaaaaane.)
2. I know I mentioned this on Instagram but fruity pebbles are by far my favorite froyo topping because my mom would never buy them for us when we were kids. Don’t get me wrong – we ate all the cinnamon toast crunch in the world but there was something about all the fun colored cereals that she just wouldn’t support.
3. Oh and yesterday my mom told me on the phone, regarding tickets to the theater, “you know, your dad got them through… through… (me: fully expecting her to say “work” or “a friend”) the computer thing.” Yes. She meant he bought the tickets online.
4. Fueling my burger infatuation: I’m doomed.
5. My buffalo chicken pizza obsession is becoming so severe that on Sunday night I made a buffalo chicken pizza without the chicken. And a few Saturdays ago when I was home alone, I actually ordered a buffalo chicken pizza without the chicken for delivery. Pretty sure they thought I was clinically insane. The girl was like “uh…. okay. I don’t know if we can do that?” What? Just leave the chicken off. You can do it. I like a bite of chicken here or there but it’s the flavor I really want with all the cheese and bread. Duh.
6. I have so much amazing food that I want to share from blogs I love that it’s becoming an issue. Like these shrimp toasts with mango butter? OMG. Summer in a meal. I may start doing a weekly roundup of links I’m loving because I just can’t take it.
7. Like this baklava cheesecake. Seriously? This is pure talent. A freaking art. I am amazed.
8. Now that’s it’s summer, shouldn’t Starbucks be bringing back their mocha coconuts?! WHERE ARE THEY.
9. Speaking of which, I just drank so much coffee (yeah I’m doing that now, wah!) that I feel like I’m drunk.
10. AND since it’s summer, I’m all “neon for life! denim vests!” and my husband is all “you look like you just walked out of The Breakfast Club” and I’m all “what’s The Breakfast Club” (jk, jk) and he’s all “it’s sort of oddly 80s hot.” Interesting.
11. So I have a really bad bug phobia. I think I’ve talked about this before but I downright loathe bugs. No, I don’t feel bad about smashing them to bits. It’s necessary. They make my skin crawl. If I think there is a bug in our house, I can’t sleep. Anyway, the other night I was walking up the stairs to go to bed when I spotted a gigantic centipede with all those scary legs. I mean, it looked like a freaking tiger. It was STRIPED. I wanted to die. It was way too big for me to pick up with a paper towel and my husband was asleep, so I did what any normal person would do and grabbed a bottle of Clorox Clean Up from the kitchen and started manically spraying it. As it was scrambling to get away, it was losing legs and the legs WERE STILL MOVING after they left the bug’s body. I’m still having nightmares.
105 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I ate so many fruity pebbles as a kid that I never eat them anymore. Except in rice krispie treats on occasion! I saw that baklava cheesecake the other day and was blown away. The Breakfast Club was my era…yes, I’m old. I so loved the 80’s!
Yay! I’m so glad my Filthy Burgers are fueling your burger obsession. Come on up. I’ll grill one or three for you. :-) I have five built in bug killers. You’ll love it.
My mom wouldn’t let us have Cookie Crisp. No bowl full of cookies for breakfast for us!!
Pretty please do a roundup! I always love the links you share.
I can totally relate on the bug phobia…and have done that with any chemical spray bottle from under the sink…. clorox, windex, anything! CREEPY!
I share your bug fears. The only thing that makes me slightly less afraid is my Mommy Strength that I summon when having to kill a bug when just my son and I are home alone. Although, since he is a boy, one day he is going to have to take over that job. It’s what men do, right?
So this one day when I was pregnant, I walked into the tiny bathroom of our tiny apartment and saw the most frightening thing I have ever seen in my life: a centipede/spider hybrid about the size of my arm. (it *may* have been just a centipede with unusually long legs. I don’t know. I’m convinced I saw what I saw.) So what do I do? Run to the kitchen and grab every spray I could find to kill that mofo. And I did spray EVERYTHING. Then panic set in that I just poisoned my unborn child with the fumes. So I rushed to open the window and set up a fan to spray the smells from the bathroom outside. Then shut the door and hid in the bedroom until my husband got home. Luckily the apartment upstairs was vacant so I used that bathroom lol. He scoped out the scene and said he didn’t think the smell was there anymore and that it appeared just to be a large centipede. But I still believe I saw what I saw. It was a mutant that escaped from a nuclear power plant.
Omg omg #11 is my nightmare.
Lol! I love your Buffalo Chicken Pizza infatuation – I COMPLETELY understand – they put WAY too much chicken on those things. What did the girl end up saying? Did they make you pick it off?
You and my daughter would get along fabulously- she sees a spider and it’s as though I’m in a bad horror flick. Blood curling screaming and high-pitched “Oh my god’s” while she’s running around the house in a general state of “freak-out.” She’ll be 18 in 2 months.
Ohhh! I hope you do a weekly recipe list. That’d be wonderful.
Speaking of bugs, are you going to get hit with the cicada brood thing? We are. At least that’s what they say. I’m seriously considering going outside wearing a helmet, full body suit and carrying a tennis racket when they “emerge.” Gives me shivers just thinking about it….
Today is supposedly national doughnut (or donut) day is this week and Dunkin’ is make a new sandwich with egg and bacon on a glazed donut….yet my jaw dropped open with I heard this as well. Furthermore, it is also lower in calories, like maybe only 300.
Glad to hear you’ve come over to the dark side and are enjoying coffee more now. I try to give it up, go on juice cleanses, swear I’m done with coffee and then…a month later, I start again. I just love it too much! :)
And bugs, yeah, not a fan but I’ve lived in climates where the grow as big as golf balls and have become a bit immune. Yours sounds pretty awful though!
Maybe the font is small on the first one because the template thinks it’s a caption for the photo? Also, 11… now I am going to have nightmares.
#5 I wont even let myself try Buffalo Chicken pizza for fear that I will become obsessed, I love buffalo chicken anything!
#12 I can stand bugs, but I would react the same way to a centipede, although I would have just woke up said sleeping husband. Lol. Or called my best friend to come kill it! I wouldnt be able to turn my back until it was gone! I am worse with snakes though, scare the living HELL out of me.
I Windexed a huge bumble bee once (through my patio screen door) so it would go away and I could go out and BBQ.
I don’t have a massive bug phobia–but the centipedes with the gazillion legs scare the crap out of me. They move SO FAST!!!! And the legs always fall off!!!
Baklava cheese cake? oh man!
I’m also bug-phobic!
Your posting so totally made me laugh!! Maybe dial back the caffeine, LOL…
Yes, mocha coconut! I need one now! Also, the peach milkshakes from Chick fil-A. This is the only way we know it’s summer in Southwest Florida because it’s pretty much feels the same all year around!
I can’t help but laugh while reading this…you crack me up!
Being coffee-drunk is TOTALLY a thing. When I have too much coffee it’s like my emotions are on over-drive and I feel like everything in the world is possible.
Pretty sure we’re long lost twins because centipedes have literally brought me to tears before AND I basically don’t go a single day without consuming something buffalo-flavored. Buffalo soup. Buffalo pretzels. Buffalo anything.
Love this totally hilarious mash-up of things that don’t go together, but oddly, do. Consider your Tuesday a success!
I love your No. 3. That is so my mom too. She has not made the transition from flip phone to smart phone. I guess I should be thankful that she even has a cell phone.
When I was pregnant I wouldn’t eat, touch or even look at chicken. My husband and I would order BBQ chicken pizza half with chicken and half without! It was wonderful… as long as hubby’s chicken didn’t get near my slices…
AH! I hate bugs SO MUCH. I freak out uncontrollably and definitely cleaning spray/hair spray them to death if my husband is not around. He straight up won’t tell me if there is an insect nearby because he’s been punched one-too-many times b/c of my maniacal fleeing. I once kicked my mom in the face while she was driving whilst scrambling into the back seat and away from a descending spider. Centipedes may be the worst ever. I once found one in a sink full of dirty dishes I didn’t want to clean the night before. It almost touched my hand…I almost never leave dirty dishes in the sink now. I can’t even deal.
Also, that burger! and neon-4-life!
1. I got so stinking excited about your toast with chocolate pb and strawberries instagram this morning that I attempted to replicate the same with speculoos… and my husband ate it.
2. I tried the fruity pebbles thing on Sunday with some friends. I got weird looks. But they never quite soggie-fied which remains intriguing to me even now.
5. You are exactly describing how this vegetarian orders that pizza every single time. So. Life. Changingly. Good.
I am sooo glad to see that I’m not the only one getting annoyed at Starbucks! Every time I go there, I check the menu hoping to see the Coconut Mocha Frappuccino but it’s never there, just those two new ones *sobs*
furity pebbles – go make rice crispy treats with fruity pebbles instead of rice crispy – yup, do it!!
#9 Was my life today! I was practically floating in my spin class. Love it!
i work for starbucks and i’m pissed that they’re not bringing mocha coconut back. there will be 3 new drinks coming out soon but not anywhere near as exciting as that. especially since i can’t have my iced coconut chais.
Bahaha … that internet, man, it can be tricky! And drunk on coffee? Welcome to every day of my life. But I think it’s okay because I drink tons of water too. Actually, I should probably drown from my daily liquid intake. It’s a miracle I’m alive. I’m a miracle.
The Buffalo pizza thing made me crack up. I’ve often thought about eating buffalo anything without the chicken. I mean, is chicken really necessary when you have hot sauce, cheese, and blue cheese dressing??
I’m sad to say I have a bit of a bug phobia too. It’s completely irrational and I wish I could just get over it, but gah, my life stops when I find a spider in the house… any bug in the house really. I just can’t deal with it…
I always say when I get overly tired, I’m tired drunk.
I love your blog, it makes me laugh and drool, which is slightly disgusting when it happens at the same time…nevertheless, thank you :)
Breakfast has got to be my favorite time of the day, yum!
Haha, your comment about bugs made me laugh. I can totally relate!
Pingback: Julia’s Favourite Food Blogs | The Domestic Blonde
Pingback: Julia’s Favourite Food Blogs