BLT Pizza with Grilled Corn + Crumbled Feta.
No better day for pizza!
So. Things are happening.
Either I’m losing my mind or just getting bored and having a momentary lapse in my recipe brain but I put a salad on a pizza.
Yes. I made the pizza from a salad.
I loved the BLT chopped salad I made a few weeks ago SO MUCH. Like SOOOOO much. So annoyingly much. The only thing that could make it better? Dough. Lots of it. And more cheese.
I was in a pizza phase too – and happened to make this and the arugula, fig and bacon pie back to back. I’ve seemingly been bumped out of that funk though, most likely because on our way home from the airport at nearly midnight last Sunday, my husband thought he would spontaneously combust if he did not consume food rightthisverysecond. You would have thought the world was ending.
Therefore, I somehow ended up chowing down on pizza in the middle of night, and not only am I not in college anymore but I wasn’t even under the influence.
Monday was rough.
Even though the middle-of-the-night splurge caused me to burn out slightly on pepperoni and mozzarella, I am always up for a pizza like this. You know, one that is different. The one you crave when you don’t really want to think about “regular” pizza.
Uh huh. Regular.
This pizza is also sort of a big version of my summer crostini (which, by the way, I made yesterday for the 4th of July and if you’ve tried that, you must add a balsamic glaze) and that just happens to be something else that I can’t get enough of.
Heck, I think we know I can’t get enough of corn period. I want corn in salad, on toast, straight off the cob and even in my desserts.
Insert 500 corn emojis here.
BLT Pizza with Grilled Corn + Crumbled Feta
- 1 1/8 cups warm water
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked slightly and torn into pieces
- 6 ounces freshly grated fontina cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ears grilled corn
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups butter lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine water, yeast, honey and olive oil. Mix with a spoon, then let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes. Add in 2 1/2 cups flour and salt, stirring with a spoon until the dough comes together but is still sticky. Using your hands, form the dough into a ball and work in the additional 1/2 cup flour, kneading it on a floured surface for a few minutes. Rub the same bowl with olive oil then place the dough inside, turning to coat. Cover with a towel and place in a warm place to rise for about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- After the dough has risen, punch it down and place it back on the floured surface. Using a rolling pin or your hands, form it into your desired shape (sometimes I use baking sheets and do rectangles or free form pizzas – this specific dough will yield one pizza large enough to feed about 3-4 people) and place on a baking sheet or pizza peel. Place the towel back over the dough and let sit in the warm place for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. (I actually used a pizza stone and heated my oven to 450 degrees, and baked for 15 minutes. If you’re just using a baking sheet, follow the directions below for baking and set to 375 degrees.)
- Assemble the dough on a peel or baking sheet. In a small bowl, toss tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper together. Brush the dough with a little olive oil then spread half of the fontina on top. Cover with bacon, the tomato and garlic mixture and grilled corn. Top with remaining cheese. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until cheese and crust is golden and bubbly. Remove and immediately top with crumbled feta. Toss chopped lettuce with oil and vinegar, then sprinkle on top. Serve!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
A pizza with vegetables like this is calorie free, right?
73 Comments on “BLT Pizza with Grilled Corn + Crumbled Feta.”
nice info gan,,numpang lewat cari receh
Harika paylaşımlarınızı ilgi ile takip ediyorum. Başarılarınızın devamını dilerim.
Pingback: Corn Silk Has A Way Cooler Purpose Than You Ever Realized | BuzzWare
good stuff, thank you
this great info, thanks for sharing
thanks for info and articel you
amazing like this artichle
I’ll try to make that in my home
Camtasia Studio 9 Crack 2018 is a useful software which is often used worldwide for that video editing. Free Download Licensed SerialKey 2017 Full Version.
ESET Smart Security 9 Activation Key 2017 Valid Till 2020. Eset Smart Security License Key, Eset Smart Security 9 Username and Password 2018, Serial, CracK.
Nice Tutorial, Would be nice to try it.
Thumb up and go ahead to realize your goal.
Just awesome idea, I will definitely try it
It look delicious.. i love pizza
I really liked your blog article. Keep writing.
Really Appreciate this article
Awesome blog! Is your asus drivers or did you download it from somewhere?