I’m about to show you something. Get ready.

Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter and Cotija Cheese I howsweeteats.com

This is butter with bacon in it.

Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter and Cotija Cheese I howsweeteats.com

If you do one thing in your entire life, I suggest it be this.

Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter and Cotija Cheese I howsweeteats.com

I can think of precisely 87 more things you can use this butter on, so make a big bowl. The first things that come to mind are pancakes, potatoes, crusty toasted bread, and… cookies. Bacon butter is a carb’s best friend.

Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter and Cotija Cheese I howsweeteats.com

And!

When you put bacon butter on grilled corn (which is a very, very wise choice) all of the calories magically evaporate because corn is a vegetable and all that jazz. You pickin’ up what I’m throwing down? I thought so. No wonder we get along so well.

Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter and Cotija Cheese I howsweeteats.com

I love sweet summer corn just as much as the next person – nothing beats a fresh ear rolled in a bit of butter, sparkling with coarse sea salt and freshly grated black pepper. It’s fabulous in it’s purest form and I don’t even mind picking it from my teeth for 36 hours after eating an ear or three. But grilled corn? I am ALLOVERTHAT. Yeah… I know I already blabbered on back in June about my fascination with the caramely kernels, but they are just too delicious to stop. If you are not riding this train yet, you must hop on.

Actually… for the last few months, I never thought I’d eat corn any other way.

But then I crumbled some crispy, fried bacon into soft, pillowy butter… and I really had no choice other than to slather it on a grilled ear. Then roll it in cheese. Absolutely sinful. We ate this on Sunday night with some delicious chicken I will tell you about later this week. I never knew I liked sinning this much.

Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter and Cotija Cheese I howsweeteats.com

Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter and Cotija Cheese

makes 6 ears

6 ears of corn

1 tablespoon olive oil

3 tablespoons butter, softened

2 slices bacon, fried and crumbled (very small crumbles!)

3-4 ounces cotija cheese, crumbled

fresh cilantro for garnish

black pepper

Preheat your grill on the highest setting. Shuck corn ears and brush each with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper. Wrap each in a square of aluminum foil – just so there is one layer cover the corn. Grill for about 5 minutes each “side” – rotating corn 4-5 times during grilling. While grilling corn, combine softened butter with crumbled bacon. Crumble cotija cheese on a large plate.

Once corn is finished, let sit for about 5 minutes to cool a bit before serving. The corn will still be very hot. Serve with a brush for the bacon butter, the plate of cotija to roll the corn in, and a bunch of fresh cilantro for garnish.

Note: there are so many ways to grill corn and this is what we have found to work best for us – feel free to grill your corn another way if you’d like. Also, if you can’t find cotija cheese I’m sure you could sub feta or blue – something that crumbles.

Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter and Cotija Cheese I howsweeteats.com

Sin with me. I’m like Eve… with bacon.

155 Responses to “Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter and Cotija Cheese.”

Promise Gephart — July 20, 2011 @ 11:26 am

Your pictures are simply BEAUTIFUL!

• Jessica — July 20th, 2011 @ 12:23 pm

Thank you so much!

Holly — July 20, 2011 @ 11:29 am

I’m SO stoked that you posted this. This is definitely something that I would NEVER ever try to healthify. It’s just TOO good to do that..and if I did it would be a sin! :)
    I WILL be making this. For sure.
    I have never heard of Cotija cheese..is it pretty common? I will be on the hunt for it..even if it comes down to ordering it online!

• Jessica — July 20th, 2011 @ 12:22 pm

I don’t think it is very common on the East coast but you can prob find some in a Whole Foods or Mexican market!

• Cate — April 5th, 2012 @ 10:04 am

I’ve found it at my Trader Joe’s and I live in Boston. Can’t wait to try this!

CouponClippingCook — July 20, 2011 @ 11:32 am

Oh my goodness….this looks so good! Love the idea of bacon butter with the cheese too! I know I always say this, and I’m sorry to keep repeating myself, but your pictures looks so fantastic!

Anne @ Your Kind of Salad — July 20, 2011 @ 11:32 am

Um, I LOVE this! I just made grilled corn with butter/lime juice and smoked paprika and was feeling all delicious, but as usual you blew me out of the water! I can’t wait to make this!!
    AND I just made Crazy Feta…and it.rocked.my.world.

Keep up the fabulosity!

• Jessica — July 20th, 2011 @ 12:22 pm

Isn’t the crazy feta so good?! Ah!

• Anne @ Your Kind of Salad — July 21st, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

Have been eating this all week….EVEN better on the third day. Yum!

Jen of My Tiny Oven — July 20, 2011 @ 11:41 am

Drooling now! I love corn and butter and you can’t beat bacon! Now I am starving and its only 8:43am! AHHH!!

Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) — July 20, 2011 @ 11:47 am

Bahaha you are out of control! Bacon butter? Don’t stop now!

Nicole — July 20, 2011 @ 12:47 pm

That looks simply amazing!! Also, I love your True Blood reference. :) I knew I liked your style, that just confirms it.

• Jessica — July 20th, 2011 @ 3:17 pm

I’ve been obsessed since day 1!

• Nicole — July 20th, 2011 @ 3:25 pm

Pam has got to be one of my favorite characters. Oh, I made your rainbow cookies those are crack for a pregnant woman!

• Jessica — July 20th, 2011 @ 3:52 pm

Pam is amazing. Have you read the books? I am TEAM ERIC all the way!!

• Nicole — July 20th, 2011 @ 3:56 pm

I’ve read ALL the books. I kept waiting for him to get his memory wiped as that’s when he and Sookie, really… “connect”. TEAM ERIC, all the way. I can’t wait to see what they do with that relationship development on the show. What ever happened to Quinn?! They haven’t introduced that character on the show.

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — July 20, 2011 @ 1:01 pm

Absolutely beautiful pictures Jessica!

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather — July 20, 2011 @ 1:19 pm

That does look irresistible! Only you would think to put bacon AND butter together. Sinly for sure.

Tsz — July 20, 2011 @ 1:29 pm

My oh my! Was thinking bacon butter and cotija would make for an awesome popcorn topping too!

• Jessica — July 20th, 2011 @ 3:17 pm

Oooh I think you’re right!

Caitlin — July 20, 2011 @ 1:35 pm

This literally had me LOL’ing the ENTIRE way through. Girl, you crack me up! Can you believe summer is over half way over and I haven’t had one ear of corn yet??

Talk about sin.

LOVE the pics – they look FABULOUS.

Katrina — July 20, 2011 @ 1:40 pm

I can see how this is a hit! Bacon lovers unite!

kathleen @ the lushers — July 20, 2011 @ 1:44 pm

I’m not usually one to get all excited about corn being in season, but topped with bacon, butter & cheese?! You may have converted me!

Ali — July 20, 2011 @ 1:46 pm

I just died. Seriously.

Bacon butter on grilled corn, OMG OMG

I had grilled corn for the first time ever just a couple weeks ago. It was beyond amazing. I can’t even begin to think how it would taste rolling in bacon, butter, and cheese.

Time to go grocery shopping!

Adrienne @ Midwestern Belle — July 20, 2011 @ 2:50 pm

Did someone say bacon butter?? :)

sweetsugarbelle — July 20, 2011 @ 2:56 pm

Yummy! This is very much like they serve it in Mexico! Yum yum yum!

Sara — July 20, 2011 @ 3:23 pm

I just found your blog a few weeks ago and wanted to let you know I really enjoy your writing… I think you’re hilarious! I’m a girl who loves to exercise to be healthy, but also has a chocolate addiction, and a husband who likes wrestling, so I totally relate!

Maggie — July 20, 2011 @ 3:32 pm

Love bacon, butter, and corn so definitely doing this. Or I might just dig into my store of bacon grease and slather that all over the corn instead–healthier because there’s no butter :)

Baking Holly — July 20, 2011 @ 3:52 pm

Oh my goodness. I think my mouth just started watering during class. Thank you so much for this!

jennifurla — July 20, 2011 @ 4:02 pm

Oh my, I am grilling tonight and you have me inspired. Well you always do actually.

Ann Claire — July 20, 2011 @ 4:03 pm

I’m not a huge corn person (althought I might like it this way), can I just eat the bacon butter with a spoon? …..thought so :)

Michelle — July 20, 2011 @ 6:08 pm

Jessica, thanks for posting the corn recipe again. Could you please post your Tomato and Quinoa Salad recipe. I want to serve these with grilled lamb chops Friday night to three special people- two who also follow your blog. I’ve tried to find it to no avail. Help! My reputation is on the line!!!

Julie @SavvyEats — July 20, 2011 @ 6:52 pm

I feel like the bacon butter would be a really good way to grease the pan for eggs. Mmmmm

Krista {Budget Gourmet Mom} — July 20, 2011 @ 7:06 pm

Now that is what I call corn on the cob!

Tiff @ Babes and Kids — July 20, 2011 @ 8:01 pm

This looks so good, I’ve never heard of Cotija cheese, is it a form of cottage? Do I find it at my local grocer?

• Jessica — July 20th, 2011 @ 8:26 pm

It’s a hard, tangy Mexican cheese! I can find it at Whole Foods but you can probably find it at a Mexican market?

Brit — July 20, 2011 @ 8:19 pm

reminds me of Mexican corn on the cob….also delicious! here’s a recipe for it: http://www.closetcooking.com/2009/08/mexican-corn-on-cob.html

Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) — July 20, 2011 @ 9:02 pm

This is dangerous. I don’t know whether to thank you for introducing this to me or unsubscribe due to the fact that my arteries clogged simply by looking at this.

I’m thinking the former.

Thank you.

Tracy — July 20, 2011 @ 9:14 pm

OMG, BACON butter. This is my kind of corn on the cob!!

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — July 20, 2011 @ 10:00 pm

I need a grill!!!!

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness — July 20, 2011 @ 10:11 pm

Oh my. I’m a VEGETARIAN and that sounds delicious.

sophia — July 20, 2011 @ 10:41 pm

Ah…so THAT’S what they were slathering on the corn!!!! I was walking in the streets and we have these Mexican street carts, and one guy was slathering something white on grilled corn…I thought it was frosting! Hahaha!

Cookbook Queen — July 20, 2011 @ 11:01 pm

Bacon butter.

And I haven’t already invented this why??

Obviously I am not the pioneer I thought I was. Sigh.

You’ll probably be winning the Nobel Prize for this one.

Reiko — July 20, 2011 @ 11:11 pm

The corn looks delicious!! I really should try cotija cheese! (I feel like I’m saying the same thing whenever I come visit your blog!!)

Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine — July 21, 2011 @ 12:17 am

This looks ridiculous. As in, ridiculous awesome. Seriously.

Tickled Red — July 21, 2011 @ 1:38 pm

We are sweltering here but just for you I will be firing up the grill tonight. Love this idea!

Rebecka — July 21, 2011 @ 3:24 pm

Everything looks so inviting. You’re photos are inspirational to say the least! Just beautiful!

Chrissy — July 21, 2011 @ 5:13 pm

I’m pretty sure my boyfriend wants to marry you. And so do I.

Happy When Not Hungry — July 21, 2011 @ 9:37 pm

OMG you had me at bacon butter!!!!

Itzi — July 22, 2011 @ 1:54 am

MMmmmmmm it is breakfast time but.. mmmmmmmmmmmm how delicious!!!!! For my next barbacue

Lindsay — July 22, 2011 @ 2:24 am

After already planning on brats & potatoes on the grill today, I had hubby stop by the store for some corn! YUM!

I skipped the cheese, HOWEVER, I added J& D’s BACON SALT into the butter and it really was delicious! And of course my bacon obsessed husband was all for it!

And I just saw J&D’s makes BACON Lip Balm!

Becki@beckiswholelife — July 24, 2011 @ 8:37 am

I love it….bacon butter. Holy yum. This could go in so many directions :-)

Koko @ KokoLikes — July 26, 2011 @ 12:58 am

WOW these photos just POP, just gorgeous. It’s 10 at night, but now I’m craving corn haha!!

Colleen Cannon — July 26, 2011 @ 8:50 am

Can you make the bacon butter ahead of time?

• Jessica — July 26th, 2011 @ 9:39 am

Definitely!

Dominique — July 30, 2011 @ 8:00 pm

I absolutely love the first photo of this post. It’s just gorgeous. I absolutely love corn! One summer my parents planted some in the backyard and it was the most amazing corn I have ever tasted. The BF loves cilantro, cheese and bacon so this is right up his alley–and mine. We’ll be hitting the gym pretty hard after eating this though–but it’ll be so worth it!

Elina (Healthy and Sane) — August 6, 2011 @ 8:35 am

I made this last night! We had trouble making the bacon bits stick (I think I added too much bacon compared to butter, lol) and then the cheese wouldn’t really stay on because the corn wasn’t wet enough. BUT, it was a little messy but we made it work and it was amazing!! Thanks for the recipe :)
    PS – I’ve seen cotija cheese in my regular supermarket as well as Whole Foods (I live on the East Coast).

sophistimom — September 8, 2011 @ 5:41 pm

Oh, Jessica!! THIS looks delicious!! I want corn, just like that, right now, in a big, big way.

Bethany Pearl — August 26, 2012 @ 8:26 pm

I love this corn! bacon butter….oh yeah!

1. Pingback: Brown Sugar Butter Roasted Chicken Recipe | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: grilled corn with bacon butter and feta cheese « ambslovesfood

3. Pingback: Meals without Walls » Then Heather Said

4. Pingback: I Fixed It! « Sweet Home Virginia

5. Pingback: Healthy and Sane in the kitchen: summer feast | Healthy and Sane

6. Pingback: Let's Eat!

7. Pingback: Grilled Corn, Mushroom + Roasted Poblano Tacos with Chipotle Crema | How Sweet It Is

8. Pingback: Grilled Corn, Mushroom + Roasted Poblano Tacos with Chipotle Crema. » A Bowl Full Of Blogs

9. Pingback: Grilled Corn, Mushroom + Roasted Poblano Tacos with Chipotle Crema. | Lifestyle Pins

10. Pingback: Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter « Market Blog

11. Pingback: Summertime Seafood Nachos with Grilled Corn + Avocado Cream. | How Sweet It Is

12. Pingback: Grilled Corn + Cheddar Quinoa | How Sweet It Is

13. Pingback: Just Like Chipotle's Corn Salsa | How Sweet It Is

14. Pingback: Stuff You Should Probably Definitely Make For SUMMER. | How Sweet It Is

15. Pingback: Stuff You Should Probably Definitely Make For SUMMER. | Food & Recipes

16. Pingback: 4th of July Recipe Roundup | Daily Cup of Kate

17. Pingback: red, white + blue | dawnbydawn

18. Pingback: Embarrassingly Easy Grilled Corn Tomato Salad with Blue Cheese and Basil Ribbons.

19. Pingback: Recipe Roundup: Homemade Birthday Dinner | Just a Dash

20. Pingback: Just In Case You Forgot About Memorial Day Too | oh so decadent

21. Pingback: culture: the word on cheese

22. Pingback: 4th of July Recipe Roundup

23. Pingback: Simply Scrumptious - Crustless Quiche | Hissy Fits & Happiness

24. Pingback: Festive (and Delicious!) Fourth of July Recipes | Life in Classics

25. Pingback: Anniversary Giveaway #2: Grilling Tools! | Tasty Kitchen Ideas