Holiday Gift Guide: 33 DIY Homemade Presents.
Moving right along!
I think we all know that I’m not the craftiest person, and for that reason I don’t do many homemade gifts. It’s probably because I have the patience of a two year old but I’d like to change that. Below are some of my favorite homemade gift ideas from around the internets (!) and I look at them as a guide for ideas. Many of these things exist other places, it’s just a matter of discovering the concept and making it your own. Or using Mr. Google.
I know you probably have tons of your own ideas, so offer them up!
1. Booze! Last year, my cousin and I made both homemade amaretto and candy cane vodka. We absolutely loved it and so did everyone who received it. We’re doing it again this year too. You can also try your hand at limoncello and homemade irish cream liqueur, aka Baileys.
2. A little succulent garden – whatever size you’d like. SO cute.
3. On the same note as booze, homemade cocktail bitters. I shared on instagram that I have my own bitters going right now and will give you the “recipes” (i.e. my method and combinations) in another week or so. So excited about these!
4. Paint dipped brass candlesticks. I think these are super unique and adorable. Tons of ways this could work.
5. Big old platters with cookies. We take one of these wherever we go during the holidays – my husband actually stacks and decorates the plates with the goods. They are a fun and appreciated gift.
7. DIY shoe clips. Oh my gosh. Mind = blown. You know I love me some sparkly things. These are such perfect girlfriend gifts!
9. A festive burlap table runner. I love the metallics but just think – you could even do neon. (I KNOW.)
11. A DIY gold polka dot vase. This might be my favorite and I’m going to make it happen.
12. Homemade whole grain pancake mix. Happy breakfasts all around.
13. These painted ornaments. Those colors sold me, but you can do whatever you’d like.
14. Homemade body butter. This is the coolest thing ever.
15. Gold dipped ornaments. So many ideas here! More neon, obviously.
16. Vanilla extract or vanilla salt. You can do the same and make vanilla sugar. Oh yes.
17. Little tins of chocolate bark. Hundreds of ways to make them – add whatever you want.
18. Little jars of homemade spice. Perfect for the season, but you could also throw together BBQ rubs and what not.
19. DIY striped chairs. I love this idea and you can customize to just about anything – the chair and the colors.
20. Infused oils. I’ve made roasted garlic oil before, but again, the options are endless! Fruits, herbs, vegetables – everything under the sun.
21. Homemade lip balm. I’d probably be tempted to eat it… but you know.
22. Homemade lip scrubs. OMG… the flavors.
24. Homemade caramels. Wrap these up in cute little paper and you’ve got the most addicting gift.
25. Hot chocolate mix with vanilla marshmallows. Best gift to get.
26. DIY rosewater spray. So fancy.
27. Big ass jars of homemade cookie mix. Everyone loves these, right?
28. DIY ice cream cups and packaging. I think this would be the cutest surprise ever since most people wouldn’t expect it. Love it.
29. Homemade chocolate raspberry jam. Say what?
30. Lavender lotion bars. These are absolutely gorgeous.
31. Homemade popcorn, packaged up all cute. You could even buy one of those pretty little tins, line it with some parchment and do your own thang.
32. Embellished bobby pins. I love this idea and might just do it for myself.
33. Candied citrus peel. This is also something we made last year and are planning on it again. Seriously so delicious. People went crazzzzzy over these.