1. I have been on a major pizza kick. The above has proscuitto and arugula but on Saturday night I had one with brussels, pancetta and… wait for it… BURRATA. Can’t even.
2. Hello amazing: how to spin sugar. Seriously blown away. Her pictures!!
3. If you live in the Pittsburgh area, I’m teaching some cooking classes for Crate in March (the 20th) and June (the 14th). And when I say cooking classes, I mean we are making a plethora of crazy grilled cheese sandwiches and over-the-top burgers. Of course.
4. I got my first massage ever (like ever, ever) last Friday – and I mean massage by an actual massage person and not me having to nag my husband to please rub my shoulders – and I was slightly underwhelmed? I think I need someone to beat the crap out of muscles.
5. ‘Tis the season for needing to wear gigantic puffy coats outside and then having to blast the AC once you’re in the car because you’re dying of heat exhaustion. This happens to me every year. Freezing outside, stifling inside.
6. On that same note, even though it’s winter and freezing, I always want an iced drink. Always and forever.
7. If you are flipping over the Olympics like I am, you need to watch this mashup that Buzzfeed did of ice dancing to Beyonce’s drunk in love. Why aren’t people skating to Beyonce?
8. Um. I briefly mentioned this but I’ve actually been listening to the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack. Like I just have Happy on repeat all day. As if my music choices could get any more humiliating.
9. Why must I always get behind the person in line at the self-checkout who has thirty five thousand coupons? One of my weaknesses is the ability to choose grocery store lines.
10. Let’s talk TV!! Um okay. Girls: major second hand embarrassment. Even more embarrassment that I kind of got how Hannah was feeling (not wanting to be stuck in a job and become and office drone) but I’m like YOU NEED MONEY. Oh and can we just agree that Shoshanna had the line of the decade? I THINK IT’S TIME I UNCHOOSE THAT CHOICE. Story of my life. I thought the Walking Dead moved painfully slow but I got it. I did. I still am constantly on edge watching the show and do better when I learn spoilers ahead of time because then I don’t have an almost heart attack. Annnnnd I just remembered that House of Cards comes out this week, right? You can find us on the couch all weekend.
11. 17 signs you’re the old soul in your friends group. This is my life.
69 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Did you know that there is a 24 hour music video for Happy??! I was so stoked when I found this. It’s basically like having on repeat all day while having a major dance party in your living room.
I wish Pittsburgh wasn’t 6 hours from here or I’d be in for both classes!! :( Can you please come to NY/NJ and teach me to make delicious snacks? If not, maybe there will be a book signing coming my way soon :)
I saw that mash-up HIGHlarious! Really enjoy your Tuesday things!
I have been away from blogs for a while, but I never deleted yours because I LOVE to read your messages : ) you ALWAYS make me smile!! and speaking of that, I heard “Happy” just once, and bought it immediately!!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THAT SONG, and when I’m at work and can’t listen, I just sing it in my head, and it makes me “Happy” all over again!
(only slightly embarrassed, when I discovered it was from “Despicable Me”, but guess what? Don’t care! : )
My first massage, I was really underwhelmed. I was nervous and didn’t say a word. It’s super awkward! After that, I started by going in and asking up front for them to use a lot of pressure and do “whatever necessary” to work out the kinks. Totally worth it. They beat the crap out of me, in a good way. I still hold my breath so I won’t say a word or make weird noises, but it’s totally good now. Phew.
I didn’t love my first massage either. It kind of hurt. I have accepted the fact that I actually really just want someone to gently rub my back. That’s it.
Next time you’re in Utah, come get a massage from me! Sounds like I can give you what you need! I LOVE your blog! It makes me happy. Thank you!
Yum is that pizza from Il Pizziola (I’m from PGH!)?
Also – I’ve never heard of Crate. I might have to gather up a few girlfriends and check out your cooking class!!
My life lately is just a constant pizza kick. And by lately I mean the last two years. All the pizza, all the time.
Perhaps you need to try Thai massage. Those tiny ladies seriously try to hurt you. Might be just what you want! :)
Pingback: Real Life Wednesday: a (Not-So) Typical Day. | How Sweet It Is
I’m planning on taking your burger class in June and I can not wait! Do you have hotel recommendations? We are coming from Baltimore so any hotel and/or restaurant recommendations for when we are in town would be awesome! Thank you!