Caramelized Peach, Mascarpone and Dark Chocolate Grilled Cheese.
I… want to jump through my computer screen.
So I can eat this again and again and again.
Today, I’m sharing a recipe out of Seriously Delish! It’s hard to believe that the only other one I’ve shared was nearly FOUR months ago (seriously where the heck is the time going, says this elderly person) and I wanted to ramble on about something delicious but still keep some secrets about my favorite recipes in the book.
So we’re making fruit grilled cheese. I.freaking.love.this. The peaches are caramelized in some brown-ish butter and combined with creamy mascarpone and a heck of a lot of chocolate. Then added to crusty bread because everything is better on TOAST.
You can even do things like add brie to the grilled cheese (totally did it) or add vanilla bean paste to the mascarpone or add cinnamon to the peaches and… and… and… just eat until your little heart is content.
I am soooo hilariously excited for you guys to get your hands on this book. If you haven’t yet, you can preorder over on amazon, barnes and noble and indiebound… and you might even get the book a day or so earlier if you do. You probably remember a few months ago that I was so nervous to share and talk about it… and I kinda didn’t think I’d ever get over that. But when the book landed in my hands – which was awesome but also horrifically scary since I never want to actually see my own work – I grew more excited by the day. It was completely weird for me. At this point I don’t even know how I can wait 26 more days for you to see it. And at the same time, 26 more days? WTF? How is that possible? I’m pretty sure it was like just five minutes ago that I didn’t sleep for months while listening to an audiobook a day and blowing through a full series of Dawson’s Creek (team Pacey fo’ life) and living in the kitchen… like actually living in it.
I’m going to survive the next four weeks by – well, one, going on vacation and two, cooking through the book until you can get your paws on it too. This is the only other I’ll be sharing on the blog until the book comes out and of course I’m already finding extra ways I love the trash up the recipes I’ve made, so we can discuss that too come September.
For now… you can put some sweet peaches and chocolate in a sandwich and call it dinner. YES.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large peaches, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 slices bread
- softened butter for spreading
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Once it melts, add the peach slices and flip once to cover them in butter. Cook for 3 minutes, until the peaches begin to soften, then sprinkle on the brown sugar. Flip the peaches once more so both sides can be covered in sugar. Cook for another 5 to 6 minutes, flipping once or twice more until the peaches are golden and caramely.
- Butter the outsides of the bread slices. Spread the mascarpone on the inside of the bread slices. Assemble the sandwiches by adding the peaches o top of the mascarpone and then the chopped chocolate. Cover with another slice of bread and add to the same skillet over medium heat. Cook until the bread is golden and the mascarpone is melting. Very gently flip the sandwich so the peaches don’t fall out.
- note: you can add a little brie cheese on top of the mascarpone if you’d like! I’ve tried it and it’s RIDIC.