1. With a few fabulous weeks of corn of the cob left… it HAS to be made these ways. Can you say brown sugar and cayenne and butter butter butter?
2. Sleeping in the king bed now for almost a week… has us totally spoiled. But also has me completely petrified that I’m going to fall out of bed in the middle of the night because it’s SO HIGH! I’m convinced I’m going to roll out and fall three feet to the floor. Am I too old/young for a bed rail?
3. This is a very weird thing for me to admit, but I think I am in full blown nutella love mode. After hating it for years. I both love and hate myself. I’m putting it on everything. It’s gross and fabulous.
4. Eddie just might have singed off his eyebrows and lashes yesterday while lighting the grill. File that under “legitimate fear I will now have for the rest of my life.”
5. Today is also the release date for one of my favorite bloggers’ books – Stephanie from i am a food blog. Her book is INCREDIBLE!! I had the chance of previewing it a few months ago and OMG you guys… this freaking book. Do it.
6. Um, how long have I been saying this? Tony Soprano isn’t really dead. Now I’m just sad that they can’t make a movie. P.S. I’m not even listening to David Chase’s response. He isn’t dead!
7. I have bigtime baggage claim anxiety because I pack my suitcase way too heavy, and then I can barely lift if off the conveyer belt and am afraid I’m going to knock people over using the momentum to fling my bag off the the belt. I did this once. It scarred me for life.
8. I didn’t watch much TV this week but can we talk about how excited I am about the return of SO MANY shows in the next two weeks? My DVR is going to be packed. I obviously watched Masters of Sex and still can’t get enough. OMG annnnnd! Have you seen these previews for The Affair on Showtime with… PACEY!!?? Like I would miss that. I did catch a few minutes of the Saved By the Bell show last night (cringe worth) and will watch it via DVR next week. What did you think?
9. Yes yes yes. Don’t ever be afraid to change. Perfection.
10. My friend Katharine is holding an incredible fundraiser in honor of her 30th birthday – she was diagnosed at the age of 16 with cystic fibrosis and is doing a project #for30more years. I adore her and you can read more about her story here. She is a huge inspiration to me. You have no idea.
21 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
book twins!!! biggest congrats to you lady. seriously. you are delish :)
Thanks for sharing I am a food blog – drooling over some of the recipes there :) and I love nutella! Bake a banana and put nutella on it warm – amazing!
I can totally relate to baggage claim anxiety! I get overhead bin anxiety because my carryon is too heavy and the bins are too high for my 5’0″ self to deal with.
The S.O. and I are also enjoying king bed loveliness. I don’t even know he’s there. i have to flail my arms out and all around to see if there’s a human being somewhere nearby. However, you will never be comfortable on anything smaller ever again. Makes it so hard when you’re staying out of town or staying w/ friends!We are very high maintenance about sleeping space now! Haha.
I cringed through the entire Saved by the Bell thing on Lifetime – still kinda love that they made it though! Aaand now I wish I had Showtime.
There is no greater feeling of relief than seeing your baggage come down the baggage claim carousel. I’m always paranoid it will get lost.
love that photo!
I was at the movies this weekend and saw a preview for The Affair. I totally want to see that. My husband was kind of like why and I was like I love Pacey. I have to just to see him :)
No need for a bed rail….we used a pool noodle under the mattress pad to train our babies. Maybe it could train you too? ;)
When I’m at baggage claim I always laugh at what it must look like to all the innocent bystanders that are watching me attempt to pull my luggage off the belt! Haha
Way to go for your friend Katherine!! Check out my friend Liz, who has CF and her group http://www.outrun38.org
Thank you! And thanks for sharing your friend’s group – what a fun idea! I’ve been wanting to start running and this might give me some motivation :)
I totally missed this post yesterday, I was too distracted by your book launch and tour. I’m with you on the new Pacey show!
Hmmm. I wonder if I can use the grilling method to singe off my eyebrow excess. Ya know, instead of waxing & plucking.
Ugh I hate nutella too. And everything made with nutella always looks so damn good…but I hate it. I can’t stand it. I’m sure I’ll be eating it by the truckload by the end of the year.
Nutella love is neva eva gross, just inevitable. I just pretend the commercial isn’t preposterous, and that it’s healthy.
number 4. NO I CAN’T HANDLE THAT!! I’ve now got an awful image in my head ahh!
I love corn on the cob and can’t wait to try some of these…but all I can think now is “oh, miso corny.” (think OPP by NWA)
Oops, I’m a little off on my retro rep. The song I should’ve referenced is Me So Horny by 2 Live Crew. Um, it’s been awhile… Maybe now the oh, miso corny reference makes sense…at least to old people like me! ;)
My husband and I want a king bed so bad, but it is something I hate to spend money on. I don’t know why?! I am talking about my comfort. I LOL when I read the part about you wanting a bed rail. I was on the hate train with Nutella for a very long time until a couple of years ago. Now I love it!
Pingback: Web Wandering | the20what