1. Seriously craving this peach, beet and burrata salad with candied pistachios. THAT is a salad.
2. I’m finally getting in fall mode a bit, though I will say with traveling it’s been weird. And given that a few months ago Eddie decided to boycott the NFL with all their crap going on, sunday football isn’t even happening. Good thing I have ALL the fall candles to burn when I’m home.
3. Why do I have to want all the home things from anthropologie? It’s like they purposely try to ruin my life.
4. This might be the funniest instagram photo I’ve ever seen.
5. Can we talk about how texting is ruining our lives? My cousin sent me this yesterday and it’s so true and I’m the biggest texting offender ever. Like please don’t ever call me unless it’s an emergency of massive proportions.
6. I know I’m ridiculously late to the party but I’m loving the Ed Sheeran album. It’s been on repeat for weeks. I’m annoying everyone around me
more than usual.
7. Yesterday Eddie sent me a text that he “got me something” but not be too excited because he’d only been to the grocery store. I was wondering what it was all day long… then he walked in the door with the US Weekly Country Music’s Sexiest Men special. Ummm does he know me or what?
8. Sooo I might have watched the Sons of Anarchy premier three times already. DYING. I thought it was so good and I have so many feelings. The ending was so awful and horrifying but I get it. Can we kind of compare Jax to Tony Soprano, where you still love him no matter what? I have no idea what is going to happen. I just think that Juice and Gemma will both die this season for sure. Eddie thinks Jax will die. I’m like noooooo. Although let’s be real: my favorites are Tig and Chibs. Moving on: Masters of Sex. I had a heart attack and thought this last episode was the finale, so at the end I almost freaked. I just loooooove them. I don’t know why I’m so hooked on this story. And Boardwalk! Just give me Margaret Schroeder please.
9. Speaking of watching FX, do you have any idea how terrifying the American Horror Story previews are?! They scare the living daylights out of me and only come on at night and then I can’t sleep because I’m seven years old.
10. Since I’ve been signing books lately and putting a heart over the “i” in my name (I mean… obviously?) – I just signed a check… with a heart over the ‘i’ in my name. I wonder where else I have done this?
48 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
OK, Chibs for life. Also I am thinking Uncer will be the last man standing.. I mean, RIGHT? I had to close my eyes like 17 times during the SOA premiere.. I can’t WAIT until tonight. It’s a sickness.
ummm i DEF thought the last scene where they showed juice with the gun?? that uncer would be lying there dead. if he didn’t die then, he is gonna stick around!
Ahh yes. I think he’ll make it. The rest are goners.
Traveling *would* make fall weird… you’re getting all sorts of different weather and climate!! And no NFL? I would die. This is my favorite time of year, and football is such a huge part of it, though I totally see where Eddie is coming from. Fall candles, all the way!
If I get an actual phone call, I immediately think something’s wrong and that it’s an emergency! Haha.
Oh my gosh those macarons! They are gorgeous. Would you believe I’ve never had a macaron?!? I need to remedy that asap.
And that instagram — lol!
is it just me or is Ed Sheeran’s album WAY better than his singles on the radio? I find myself constantly trying to persuade others to start listening since I know they’re missing out. I may have even hijacked my husband’s phone and added an Ed Sheeran station to his Pandora app while he was driving.
PS – he does a pretty great cover of No Diggity. Ed Sheeran…not Eric ; )
I’m so with you on the American Horror Story thing! I hate watching TV this time of year because all those awful Halloween movies have promos all over the place…and those macarons are making me drool on my keyboard. Yum.
as a kid, I used to sign Stephanie and dot the I by looping the end of the last e back around and making a circle. when i worked on my signature, as an adult, i stopped writing out stephanie in full. but now that i’m married, i write it out again in my new signature. so many times i’m tempted to put my bubble back over the i. it’s like muscle memory.
ps: remember me from nyc? i reserved some space on the internet to write about things today. when i actually post some stuff maybe i’ll have the balls to share the link with you. maybe.
YES!!!!! i am so excited!
Just signed up at Book Larder to see you in Seattle in October! Can’t wait! :)
Anthropologie hates me … it’s the only thing that makes sense. I seriously fall in love every single time.
And the kitchen stuff — Killing.me.softly. … but it’s in the best way possible <3
Good for Eddie! It’s really nice to see a guy take that stance to the point of boycott. They are few and far between.
Oh Seriously, if they kill Jax every woman in America would revolt against Kurt Sutter!!! I’ve been thinking this whole time, “geez why is Juice even still around” but after naked push ups, I think I know why he’s around!!! hahaha I think Unser and Jax will survive and hopefully Chibs because I love Chibs and Happy too but I’m thinking Juice, Gemma, Tig and heaven forbid Bobby Elvis will sadly say goodbye to us. And Jax compared to Tony Soprano, you might be onto something! Anthropologie hates us all, I’m sure of it!
this is entertaining
Truly! I wasted about 15 minutes of my work day snickering. I’ve seen versions of nearly all those comments on blogs I follow and I always roll my eyes. Thanks for the entertaining link.
Tig and Chibs 4E. Especially Chibs (when he says Jackie-boy i lose it), but a few seasons ago when I thought Jax was going to kill Tig I was freaking out.
I do not know how i will survive when SOA and boardwalk are done. can they please go on forever?
I’m picturing Eddie buying that magazine at the grocery store. Awesome.
Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the NFL boycott because of all the stuff that’s going on. That’s a really awesome thing to do. Do you still get to have Sunday ball game SNACKS though?!
gahhh that’s the tough part!! luckily i haven’t been home yet on a sunday with football but we’ve always watched a lot of college football, so we can switch it to saturday? ;)
My husband and I have been binge-watching SOA for the past few weekends, and we are mid-season 5 right now. Tig is my favorite character all throughout – he is everything and so entertaining. We just watched the episode where they hire “Venus” for the blackmail photos and Tig is jealous…hilarious! You don’t get to laugh much on this show, and that was my favorite episode so far.
I can’t wait for American Horror Story!!!!
1. THAT TEXTING ARTICLE THO. #2 is SO true, I can’t even handle it. Try having a boyfriend who is the epitome of the “boy communicator” (aka terrible at it) AND has read receipts on. Oh god does it kill me all day, every day and I just want to yell at him about it! I try not to be the needy, always-in-communication-girlfriend but it’s hard when I’ve got a boring desk job. So I try to text all my girlfriends all day who I know WILL respond, hah. (I’m pretty sure I’ve been texting since I was 12 or 13, total early adopter since I was born in ’86 and I’ll never give up on texting.)
2. THOSE MACARONS. Need.
Oh man, you think the American Horror Story previews are bad? I was forced to watch the very long premiere of that show, and had nightmares for weeks. Connie Britton, stop freaking me out.
Thank you!!!! xo. I think I need to start watching SOA based on how many people seem to love it. I have this new plan where I can only let myself catch up on TV shows when I’m at the gym using my iPad–such a good workout motivation! SOA is next!
I am obsessed with the home section of Anthropologie too! Have you smelled their milk and cookies candle yet? OMG ridiculous.
i have not… but i googled it the minute i saw this comment and now i must get there.
SO happy I am not the only baby when it comes to those commercials!!
I seriously get angry when someone calls me! I will deny the call and then text “what’s up?” I am a total texter and feel like emojis totally can carry a conversation for me.
P.S. – I dot my “i” with a heart too, but luckily not on a check yet.
I don’t watch any of those shows, but I’m OBSESSED with the trailers for AHS!! Ugh. Can it just start already?
Way to go on the boycott, Eddie!! I have just decided to boycott, too. Maybe I won’t gain any fall weight if I’m not watching football and eating as many delicious snacks?
Ok, that Instagram pic just made my day! And about the fall candles… YES. I was at Bath and Body Works the other day and I’m pretty sure I smelled every single one. It’s a pumpkin addict’s paradise in there this year!
All I can think of is Eddie at the register checking out with that magazine! Dying.
AND OMG. How do people even WATCH American Horror Story?!?!? The commercials are so bad enough :S
American Horror Story seems to get scarier every season,but what about the Horror movie Annabelle coming out …….killer doll!!!!!!!!No way,never going to watch that one!
That salad + those macarons = what dreams are made of. :)
Who do you think you are, Stacey McGill or something with the hearts on your i’s? ;)
Have you ordered the Whitney English Day Designer for next year? I’m trying to decide between that and the Emily Ley Simplified Planner…
i haven’t yet! but i went back and forth on this last year and definitely like the whitney english one better.
I’ve always enjoyed college football / basketball / hockey way more than pros – try that for a new weekend!
bahaha LOVE the magazine story – that is true love.
and yes anthro wants to ruin all our lives.
Umm, are those your macarons? Recipe available? Or just a beautiful picture to torture all of us?
My bank account takes much less of a hit now that I got a new job and don’t work at Anthro anymore. I miss being surrounded by all the pretty things, though. Oh and the discount. Can’t forget that.
Texting drives me insane, especially when it comes to texting men. The last guy I dated would call me most of the time instead, and I loved it!
LOVE LOVE LOVE TIG AND CHIBS!!
I LOVE Ed Sheeran and I’m obsessed with his album as well, but I’m also obsessed with Hozier and his voice. Gah. Also, Sir Sly is moving his way up…
I also need to be better at picking up the phone and calling instead of relying on texts. I’m the worst!
This is perfect! Lovely photo! They’re all so colourful I’m so jealous! Abi :)
You should check out the H&M home decor. Adorbs and such a better price then Anthro.
I read your post, but all I could think about was how on earth did they get the colors of the macroons so uniform and so vibrant?
This is seriously so amazing. Perfect Photos for those Macarons Jessica :)
My husband got me that US Weekly too and now my office at work looks like a 13 year old girl with the Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan posters on the wall. How could I choose just one!