Goat Cheese Guac Burgers with Cheddar and Caramelized Onions.
No, I didn’t find everything in my fridge and put it on a burger. Why do you ask?
Except that I sort of did.
Kind of. But not really.
This might be the burger of my dreams. At least the burger of my dreams TODAY. You know in my basic brain my dreamy favorites change every few weeks. Errr, every few minutes?
I was so very hesitant about stuffing burgers with goat cheese but I have to say that it has been the EASIEST cheese to ever stuff a burger with. It’s barely came melted out of the sides while cooking, leaving tons of tangy cheese right there in the center after taking a big bite.
There are SO many flavors going on and I love it. Goat cheese IN the burger. A quick guac beneath the burger. Sharp cheddar on top of the burger followed by a tangy BBQ mayo (mixed with DIJON but good lord I could eat all the mustard in the universe), the carameliest of onions and a pile of spring greens.
All on a Hawaiian roll. YES. Gah. I love them so. Tons of sweet and savory and spicy things happening.
You should totally make them into sliders for your friends. Have a slider party. Build your own burgers! Fun fun.
Are you hosting or attending a memorial day picnic?! I’m a bit wacky over burgers so if you are, I highly suggest these cheeseburgers with arugula and Dijon aioli. Or these copycat smoke shack burgers I made last year! I am most definitely making those ASAP.
Ugh, but one more thing. These bacon pineapple burgers with candied jalapenos are one of the best things ever. OF COURSE THEY ARE.
Annnnd since I am a devoted hot dog fan (whyyyy are they so good?), these loaded bacon cheddar dogs are absolutely happening at some point this weekend. Since it’s like the weekend to kick off summer even though summer isn’t for another month. But you know.
Also, do you ever get a hot dog at Five Guys with crazy toppings, i.e. ALL the toppings? You can do this and it may be the best hot dog you will ever eat. Eaten with a vanilla coke and oh hi, my life is complete.
Except that I sort of want to try a bacon and blue cheese dog this weekend. With sweet and hot mustard?
Just give me a jar of mustard and I’ll be good.
I’m also feeling this summer crostini (seriously might be the thing I make from my blog the most often) and this old-school fruit dip. And lots of grilled corn.
A pitcher of sangria, maybe.
Oh oh oh and I’m going to share one of my favorite summer cocktails with you this weekend! I can’t wait. Don’t even want to wait. Just… wait!
Goat Cheese Guac Burgers with Cheddar and Caramelized Onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large vidalia, or sweet onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 avocado, mashed
- 2 tablespoons chopped freshly cilantro
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- the juice of 1 lime
tangy BBQ mayo
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
goat cheese stuffed burgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces cold goat cheese log, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices (totally fine if they crumble a bit)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups spring greens
- 4 Hawaiian roll buns, toasted
- Heat a large skillet over low heat. Add the olive oil and butter. Once melted, add in the onions and the salt, stirring well to coat. Cover and let cook for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring often, until golden and soft. Stir in the brown sugar and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together until combined. Taste and season additionally if needed.
tangy BBQ mayo
- Whisk ingredients together until combined.
goat cheese stuffed burgers
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl and season with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix gently to coat and then divide the beef into four equal sections. Bread apart each section and form it into two patties – one for the top and one for the bottom. Place a round of goat cheese in the center of one patty and cover it with the other patty, pressing gently around the edges to seal the goat cheese in. Repeat with remaining beef.
- At this point you can grill the burgers – I chose to use the skillet that the onions were cooked in. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil and butter. Cook the burgers until your desired doneness (we like medium well, at least 4 minutes per side – but remember the goat cheese is inside!), and with 1 minute before they are finished, place a few cheddar slices on top.
- To assemble the burgers, spread a few tablespoons of guac on the bottom bun and place the burger on top. Cover with some caramelized onions, BBQ mayo and spring greens. Serve immediately!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
How do you even eat this?! Face first.
84 Comments on “Goat Cheese Guac Burgers with Cheddar and Caramelized Onions.”
Pingback: 15 Jaw-Dropping Stuffed Burgers Guaranteed To Make You Drool | OHFeed
Pingback: 15 Jaw-Dropping Stuffed Burgers Guaranteed To Make You Drool | Roumor
Pingback: 15 Jaw-Dropping Stuffed Burgers Guaranteed To Make You Drool – nicefitness.info
Pingback: 15 Jaw-Dropping Stuffed Burgers Guaranteed To Make You Drool - TheEnfold
Pingback: 15 Jaw-Dropping Stuffed Burgers Guaranteed To Make You Drool – FetchEgg
Pingback: 15 Jaw-Dropping Stuffed Burgers Guaranteed To Make You Drool – Reform PT Australia
Pingback: 15 Jaw-Dropping Stuffed Burgers Guaranteed To Make You Drool – MyClickLike
Pingback: 15 Jaw-Dropping Stuffed Burgers Guaranteed To Make You Drool – DailyHotNow
Pingback: 15 Jaw-Dropping Stuffed Burgers Guaranteed To Make You Drool – Link Random
Pingback: 15 Jaw-Dropping Stuffed Burgers Guaranteed To Make You Drool – The Pop Click
Pingback: 15 Jaw-Dropping Stuffed Burgers Guaranteed To Make You Drool – GoCyberWorld
Pingback: 15 Jaw-Dropping Stuffed Burgers Guaranteed To Make You Drool – HyperShuffle
Pingback: #10. Try 25 New Recipes – 25 Before 25
Pingback: Strawberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars – The Optimist RD
Pingback: 50 recipes for summer parties - plays well with butter
Pingback: 30 Mouth-Watering Stuffed Burger Recipes - Gourmet Grillmaster
Pingback: 15 Perfect Burger Recipes - Style Motivation
Pingback: 15 Perfect Burger Recipes – chuckiesblog
Pingback: 15 Perfect Burger Recipes – Design For Homes
Pingback: MUST try them! Mouth watering winter burgers recipes! – soToxic
Pingback: 50+ Burger Recipes | My Life Abundant
I just have to tell you this is my all time favorite burger recipe. I think I’ve made it 5 times. I like it better than any burger I’ve had in a restaurant, even. Thank you so much for the recipe!
Pingback: 31 Delicious Stuffed Burger Recipes You May Want to Try - Yummy Hacker
Pingback: Home Tips: Memorial Day Menu | North Eastern Group Realty
The Netherlands doesn’t offer good burger places. We have to do it with only MacDonalds and KFC, BUT that doesn’t stop me trying to find the best, most delicious burger recipes available. THANK YOU for this post. I made the burger yesterday and it was perfection!
LOVED this recipe! Best burger EVER!! My 14 year old is so picky but devoured the burger and asked if there was more! My husband told me I could make this any time! Thanks for this keeper recipe!!
Pingback: An Early April Menu - Everyday Reading
Pingback: Burger farci au fromage de chèvre – Le Marché Esposito
This is literally my favorite burger now. I’ve made it several times over the years and nothing beats it.
Pingback: My 10 Favorite Memorial Day Burgers
Pingback: Dinner Menu for the First Week of May - Everyday Reading