Late Night Snacksicles.
It’s popsicle week!
Can I hardly even wait to tell you about these SNACKSICLES? No. I cannot.
Thank goodness it’s Monday. (for once.)
So, popsicle week is an actual thing. It was started by Billy of Wit and Vinegar (do you know Billy? You should know Billy. He is hilarious and creates things of beauty like this and only the best GIFS to ever grace the internets) and I believe that this is the third year running. It’s my first year participating though, because I’m no fun.
At least I’m fun this year!
No fun the last two years. Bah.
What’s in a late night snacksicle? ALL the sweet and salty things. Lots of them. Buttery crackers, salty pretzels, chocolate m&m’s and big, fat peanut butter cups. Swirled and smushed into a vanilla bean graham ice cream base.
Whyyyyy did I have to buy so many for the pops because now it’s midnight and I just want to go on a massive PB cup binge. STAY AWAY FROM THE CUPS.
Can so very rarely have sweet without salty.
It’s a sickness. I swear. You get me, right?
You can make these snacksicles two different ways. First, you can make the vanilla graham base and smash all the ingredients inside, then fill the molds. The popsicle result will come out like the photo right there above – all swirly and together and stuff.
OR. You can fill the molds with layers of the ice cream based and crushed snacks. You can see that way below! It results in a popsicle that has chunks of snacks for a big surprise bite.
Oh oh oh. ALSO.
We made a leeeeettle video.
Yes. I say WE because Eddie and I did it together and managed to not file for divorce (yet). This is huge for us, but especially for him because he’s still all “like what the heck is facebook?” and “wait, what do you mean this baloney you put on the internet is your job? Um no.”
So we kinda sorta took a stab at video-ing the process of me making these snacksicles for the fortieth time.
For selfish purposes, of course. We really want to start making more videos of Max + summer time fun + life that aren’t just on our phones so we can have them down the line (think old school, giant video camera life) for memories. And I may share one here or there over on crumbs if we actually do this thang, but we shall see.
For today, it’s all about popsicles. And snacks! Snacky popsicles. I declare this summer this summer of snacksicles. If you make these snacksickles (and/or popsicles) this week, make sure to tag your ‘sicles with #popsicleweek! And with #howsweeteats, duh.
Popsicles for life.
Late Night Snacksicles
- 1 (15-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 big handful ritz crackers, crumbled
- 1 big handful pretzels
- 4 or 5 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 2/3 cup mini m&m’s
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milks and vanilla bean paste. Stir in the graham crumbs with a spatula. Fill the popsicle molds about 1/4 of the way full, then crumbed in a few pieces of crackers, pretzels, peanut butter cups and m&m’s. I repeat this a few times until the mixture reaches the top – just make sure there is liquid in the entire mold to “hold” the snacks in!
- Freeze the pops for one hour, then after an entire, stick a popsicle stick down into the milk. Freezer for 4 to 6 hours, or overnight. To release the pops, set the mold in a bowl/pan/dish/tub of warm water for 30 to 60 seconds. Gently pull out the popsicles!
No I really can’t.