1. I have yet to taste a bite of traditional pumpkin pie this year but this bourbon version has my mouth seriously watering. I’ve never made one from scratch but perhaps I should start.
2. Have you started listening to Christmas music yet? I still haven’t been listening to it full blown, most likely because I’m in denial that I will have a child by Christmas. So, like, not listening to music will make the time go slower right? Right.
3. Speaking of that, everything I do I’m all “OMG the next time I see you/do this/am here I will have a baby.” I mean, everything. It’s not annoying at all.
4. If you love yourself, you will pop your popcorn in bacon fat.
5. I’m SURE you’ve seen it by now… but um, the Pitch Perfect 2 trailer? I don’t know if there has ever been a movie I’ve watched more than the first version. Rebel Wilson… I die.
2. I am the worst kind of millennial, because last week I had to spend over two hours on the phone with my insurance company to get something covered and by that point, I was ready to just go spend the $300 and pay for the product myself. Seriously, I am what is wrong with this generation.
3. This past weekend I FINALLY saw Gone Girl. I thought it was pretty good and maybe the closest book-t0-movie adaptation I’ve seen? I read it so long ago that I forgot a few parts that happened. I thought Rosamund Pike was perfect in that role. I also thought she looked like Bev, so during every scene I’d be like… OMG that is Bev, what is she going to do?
4. Um, I really want to wear flash tattoos – well at least AFTER I’m pregnant – but isn’t that, like, against the rules for someone who is 32? Ridiculous?
5. Last week I raved about my love for the Taylor Swift album and this week I am thisclose to getting the Nick Jonas album. What? I missed the whole Jonas brothers thing because I was little too old, but I keep previewing the songs on iTunes and loving them. This is weird.
I’m Jessica and this is where I share my stuff. You will find a balance of healthy recipes, comfort food and indulgent desserts.
I am madly, passionately, inexplicably in love with food. Bacon makes me beam. Chocolate makes me shout from the rooftops with joy. Vegetables and I are the best of frenemies. My perfect world would include none of them.
more about me »