Honey Vanilla Pear Margaritas.
Let’s get a serving of fruit in today.
In the best way that we know how.
Just LOOK at that frosted glass and cinnamon sugary rim! Why is this the best season ever?
GUYS. I am struggling right now with all the Christmas feels. For some reason it has hit me early this year (the magic! I love it! maybe because of Max?) and I can’t do anything about it because I’m hosting Thanksgiving! I mean, I guess I could, but I want the house to still feel harvest-y over twinkling lights and snowy.
So! I’m pushing through with one more delicious fall cocktail before the big meal next week. Pear obsession continues…
I wanted a drink with a little warmth and spice. But also some traditional margarita tastes. You know? I did a little lime and a little orange, some gold tequila and my favorite grand marnier because I just can’t make a margarita without it.
A honey syrup came first, swirled with some vanilla bean paste and poured over crushed ice. Mixed up with the rest of the ingredients, it’s a cinnamon dream! I used a pear nectar but you could use a pear cider or even pureed ripe pear that you blend yourself. The coarse, raw sugar on the rim is perfection, so I highly suggest purchasing some of that. So crunchy!
Oooh oooh oooh let’s talk Thanksgiving cocktails while we’re at it! What are you making? I’m heavily leaning towards my very old school but delicious apple cider sangria. I also really love apple cider margaritas though, so how do I choose?
Perhaps everyone (yes you!) should just come here so we can make four pitchers of sangria and punch and go to town. YESSSS.
Honey Vanilla Pear Margaritas
- coarse sugar + cinnamon for the rim
- crushed ice for serving
- 2 ounces gold tequila
- 2 ounces pear nectar or juice
- 1 1/2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1 ounce honey vanilla syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh orange juice
- sliced pears
honey vanilla syrup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Place the sugar and cinnamon on a plate. Rim a glass with a lime or orange wedge and dip in the cinnamon sugar to coat. Fill the glass with crushed ice.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, add the tequila, grand marnier, pear nector/juice, orange juice, lime juice and syrup. Shake for 30 seconds. Pour mixture into the glass. Add a few sliced pears and stir. Drink up!
honey vanilla syrup
- Heat the water and honey in a saucepan over medium heat while whisking. Bring it to a simmer, then cook for 2 minutes and turn off the heat. Stir in the vanilla bean paste and let the syrup come to room temperature.
If a margarita could look cozy, this is totally it.