1. I’ve become such a chocolate snob over the years that even a Reese’s peanut butter egg won’t really do it for me anymore. In other words, I would need the most high maintenance easter basket ever.
2. The prettiest things I’ve ever seen! Overnight beignets with strawberry powdered sugar.
3. Yes I’m always reeeeeally late on the trends but… metallic loafer slides. Thoughts? I feel like you need to be at least 5’10” for these to look cool, but I still sort of want a pair.
4. A few weeks ago I mentioned that I found book youtubers, but what I failed to mention is that I also found WRITING youtubers! Did you know there are all these people who give writing advice (some of it is pretty darn good) and thoughts? I have found myself in a deep dark youtube hole on long recipe days and for once, it doesn’t include beauty products! Apparently I’ve been living under a rock.
5. Ohhhh my word. How amazing was Homeland this week? I am blown away at how they can bring that show back. Also, seriously loved Billions. I LOVED that we saw a little tension between Bobby and Lara. I also am just really enjoying these final episodes of GIRLS. What the heck is going to happen? Except I want Jessa to stay away. And what did you guys think of This Is Us? I actually really loved it. I’m not ready to find out the end for Jack.
6. Have you heard of Whole Food’s “cheaper” new store, 365? Um, I need one in my life.
7. I had no idea what a snapstreak is. I don’t know if I love or hate this.
8. I’m horrible with change but know that it’s something that HAS to happen in a successful business. This article on how instagram changed before it had to is so interesting.
9. Thoughts on Beauty and the Beast? I didn’t see it yet and normally would wait until it’s can easily be bought on Apple TV (#lazy) but I don’t know if I can wait. So far, I’ve only heard good things about it!
10. P.S. this is my 300th Tuesday Things post. 300! How, what, where, why? Thank you for reading and apologies.
20 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I say yes to the metallic loafer slides! I actually have some metallic slip on sneakers on their way to me now…the rose gold Marc Fisher “Chessi” style. Cannot. Wait. Do not care if I am over 30 :-)
I loved This Is Us, too! I was mostly disappointed that they built up so much hype over it and how sad it was going to be. I mean, I still cried like a toddler as I do with every episode, but I didn’t think it was any worse than the others. Such an amazing show.
I love Reeses PB eggs!! Especially when they’ve been in the fride :) I haven’t had one this season…been avoiding the candy aisle every time I’m at Target.
This is Us – didn’t love the finale. Was wanting more. More tears. I don’t know. Doesn’t make me hate the show. Truly a favorite for me.
YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHAT A STREAK IS!!! Stay away! It’s horrible but the best marketing gimmick I’ve ever heard. Truly fantastic. My kids (13 yr old B/G twins) are forever saying “I gotta keep my streaks”. It’s horrible for a parent (actually had to detox my daughter) but from a business stand point – phenomenal !!!
I loved This is Us also. It was a little anti-climatic for a season finale, however, I don’t know why everyone is in such a rush for Jack to die?! I’m happy not knowing for now. Also Milo without a stache gave me all the heart eyes (and a major Jess throwback!). I took my 4 year old to see Beauty & the Beast this weekend and we absolutely loved it. It was my favorite Disney movie from that era growing up, and the live action was just perfect :) Definitely go see it in the theater!
I’ve already seen Beauty and the Beast twice! They changed more than I thought they would – actually, not really changed, but added…there are several entirely new songs and a major new plotline. I actually mostly liked the changes! The original will obviously always be the best but the new one is worth seeing just for the absolute beauty of the movie and the colors and costumes and all of that! I loved it and honestly will probably go again because I’m a millennial and need too much of a good thing.
i heard about 365 a couple days ago, and i want to go!! there’s no convenient one near me though, but i am more than down to drive a bit to get to one (ridiculous, i know, but i’ve got a thing for grocery stores).
Beauty and the Beast was magical! YOU MUST GO. I know they offer it in 3D and I usually hate 3D movies, but I think because of all the dancing and costumes that it could be really good in 3D even! A new theater opened near our house with recliners and booze so that may have made it even more magical for me, haha.
Okay, so after finally seeing the original Beauty and the Beast last month with my daughter Charlotte (11).
We went this Sunday with my hubby…….we loved it !!!! It brought tears to my eyes at the end…or maybe that was
Anyhoo ……..Charlotte was laughing with her friend at me, my mother’s crying, ha,ha!
It was that good to see, even if I wasn’t kid watching it back in 1991 or 2017.
Go see it.
Beauty and the beast is incredible!
I laughed, cried and thoroughly enjoyed the movie – you HAVE to see it! x
Izzy | Pinch of delight
Hey, chocolate snob! :) Have you tried the Cadbury royal dark chocolate mini eggs? I heart them & will never buy them again…well, until next year. Easter has the best candy!!
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Fruitide
What are done of the writers on yt that you follow?
My 9 year old and I saw Beauty and the Beast over the weekend and it was wonderful – it was everything my younger self loved about the original cartoon version, but it was more grown up and beautiful so that my adult self appreciated it that much more, and while it was sophisticated and glamorous there were enough funny and silly bits as well least you forget it’s a Disney movie. =). It was perfect.
I saw Beauty and the Beast last night and it was so beautiful. I highly recommend seeing it in a theatre! Everything on the large screen is magical!
What are the writing youtube videos you recommend?
I knew about BookTube, but not writing videos. Will you share your faves?
I’m sorry, but no…you will now have to do a post about your perfect Easter basket and it’s contents because I have a feeling I will need to go buy it for myself. Well, maybe half of it. Or even just a tiny amount of it would make my month.
I have so much fun buying insane cute things for my nieces, but I want a few minutes of visualizing what would be in the somewhat more grown-up one.
Those beignets look amazing. Also, I may or may not currently have a 153-day snapstreak with my best friend.
hi! Can’t see where to metallic slides? These Croissants look incredible ! am going to make them for sure. Love, love this site
Writing Youtubers! No! Whoa! That’s awesome. I am totes checking that out.