Cherry Peach Crisp with Oatmeal Cookie Crumble.
I’m taking a chance and going all in with the cherries.
And the peaches too! Our first crispity crumbly dessert just in time to kick off summer this weekend! Not with just any crumble… but my favorite oatmeal cookie crumble. YES.
Gosh, I freaking love cherry season. They might be my favorite fruit. Just so good. I realize that I say that about EVERYTHING but I mean… are you surprised? No. Will I ever grow out of this “everything is my favorite, omg!” phase? Probably not.
But! I will say that last night I did an instantaneous huuuuge purge of my makeup/cosmetics closet and it felt so.freaking.good. I was ruthless in my choices to toss things. I mean, this has nothing to do with cherries and peaches but everything to do with maybe my thoughts of “favorite everythings, yay!” sliiiiightly changing. I’m becoming a bit more discriminating in my beauty product choices, if you will.
When it comes to fruit though, I love it alllll.
It might be a leeeeettle early for peach season where you are, I know it. It definitely is here. Our grocery store is stocked with peaches but they resemble orange rocks. I ended up with a bunch of them leftover from one of the final book shoots I did and I just didn’t want to toss them. But eating them raw could NOT happen at the moment.
Ick. Uck. No.
For ages, I’ve said that if you have some fruit that just isn’t oh-so great yet, ROAST THE HECK OUT OF IT. Add some sugar and roast it until caramely and delicious. That’s what we are doing here!
Plus. This is topped with my favorite oat-y crumble topping that is tastes JUST LIKE A COOKIE! In the best way possible, I swear. I use this topping on nearly every crisp and crumble I make. It’s crunchy but caramely and overall the most perfect topping for ANY roasted fruit.
Speaking of loving all sorts of fruit, my mom has had some black raspberries frozen since late last summer in her freezer, and this morning I told her to remove those babies and defrost them so I can make this exact topping for blackberries. AHHHH I can’t wait. That is the start of my weekend plans.
So what delicious things are you cooking up this weekend? If you need some burger or appetizer inspo, I am here for you! I think I might be making this old-school fruit pizza this weekend too. Just to realllly soak up my fruit obsession. And probably s’mores. And maybe a milkshake? And definitely pizza.
Talk to me about your plans!
Cherry Peach Crisp with Oatmeal Cookie Crumble
- 2 cups bing cherries pitted
- 4 peaches thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- fresh mint for garnish
oatmeal cookie crumble
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cups loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the cherries and peaches in a 9×13 inch baking dish. In a bowl, toss together the sugar, flour, salt and cinnamon. Add it to the fruit and toss well to coat. Sprinkle the butter pieces on to the fruit.
- To make the oatmeal crumble, stir together the oats, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add the softened butter and use your hands to crumble it up and toss it in the mixture – I combine it for a full 5 minutes until it is really incorporated and crumbly – almost the whole mixture is like wet oat-y sand.. Sprinkle it evenly over the fruit.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the fruit is caramely and the crumble on top is golden. Let it cool slightly before serving with ice cream. Garnish with fresh mint!
Lots of ice cream required, obviously.