Fruit Pizza

My mom has always made vegetable pizza. Everyone loves it.

I’m sure you all know how I feel about that.

Years ago, I remember her making a fruit pizza and being absolutely obsessed with it. I’m talking years ago – maybe 15?

She still had the recipe, and I was thrilled.

This dessert is extremely decadent because the crust is made out of sugar cookies.

I know – how incredible is that?

While it is packed with calories, if you keep the crust and cream cheese layer thin, it becomes a very refreshing treat.

You can use any fruit you like, too.

Everyone goes wild for this, so it is a must-try! Plus, since it is loaded with fruit, it is very healthy.

It also has coconut rum in it. Enough said.

Fruit Pizza

1 Pillsbury sugar cookie dough

4 oz cream cheese, softened

1 tub Cool Whip

2 tablespoons coconut rum

1 cup sliced strawberries

3/4 cup blueberries

2 kiwis, sliced

1 banana, sliced

Preheat oven to 350 (or whatever temp the dough calls for).

Let the dough come to room temperature, and press it into a cookie sheet – make sure it is thin. Bake for about 10 minutes, rotate pan, then bake for another 5. The baking time will all depend on how cold the dough was and your own oven, so watch carefully. Do not overbake!

One cookie has cooled, beat cream cheese, rum and Cool Whip with a hand mixer. Spread on cookie crust. Top with strawberries, kiwis, and blueberries, leaving space for the bananas. I add them last so they don’t get brown. Refrigerate while you make the glaze.

Glaze

1/3 cup sugar

1/3 cup orange juice

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir constantly until mixture thickens. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Add bananas to pizza, then drizzle glaze on top.

Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

I wish I had some leftover for breakfast.

I didn’t, so Mr. How Sweet made pancakes.

If he thinks that means I’m going to allow the hillbilly country music videos that are currently on our TV to continue, he has another thing coming.

70 Responses to “Fruit Pizza”

Simply Life — April 28, 2010 @ 4:54 am

I love how colorful this is!

Oh and I passed on an award to you today :)

Avanika (Yumsilicious Bakes) — April 28, 2010 @ 11:49 am

I can’t believe people actually eat this! Yumm! At first, I thought it was a late April Fools thing :P

I’m going to make this, soon!!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — April 28, 2010 @ 12:18 pm

This counts as a serving of fruit, right? It looks yummy!

Gliding Calm — April 29, 2010 @ 8:02 am

i wantttttttttttttttttttttt

Jessica @ The Cooking Chick — April 30, 2010 @ 5:14 pm

This looks like a piece of art! I bet it tastes fabulous!

Regan — May 3, 2010 @ 11:03 am

I totally used to OD on this stuff. Thanks for bringing it back

Kimberly — July 19, 2011 @ 2:56 pm

Making this for my dad’s birthday this Friday!! So excited!!

texaschickk — April 8, 2012 @ 10:06 pm

i made this for Easter sunday and everyone loved it. i didn’t use the glaze and it still came out worthy for a crown of hungry brown people.

thanks!

Jordan — June 21, 2012 @ 10:59 am

This looks so delicious! I think this pizza will definitely add the the July 4th dessert table!

Francisco Tann — April 25, 2013 @ 7:24 pm

Dessert is the usually sweet course that concludes a meal. The food that composes the dessert course includes but is not limited to sweet foods. There is a wide variety of desserts in western cultures now including cakes, cookies, biscuits, gelatins, pastries, ice creams, pies, pudding, and candies. Fruit is also commonly found in dessert courses because of its natural sweetness.-’

Latest article content on our very own web-site
    <a href="http://www.caramoanpackage.com/caramoan-package

Kelsey — July 11, 2013 @ 11:11 am

Love this recipe. I just made it a couple of days ago and it was delicious. Thanks for sharing and love your blog :)

Sophia @ NY Foodgasm — May 15, 2014 @ 11:36 am

YES! This is a GREAT idea! YUMMMMM!

1. Pingback: Brownie Pizza. | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: adventures of ashley + abby « the edible perspective

3. Pingback: Personal Pan Fruit Pizzas with Whole Wheat Cinnamon Sugared Crust. | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: on summer bucket lists. | How Sweet It Is