Coconut Chocolate Caramel Cashew Popsicles.
How’s that for (almost) alliteration?!
It’s the most wonderful week of the YEAR!
Popsicle week is HERE and I could not beeeee more excited. Coconut Chocolate Caramel Cashew excited, to be exact. That’s a serious kind of excited. In case you were wondering.
Every summer, Billy from Wit and Vinegar puts together popsicle week and there are hundreds of amazing popsicle ideas from around the internets. Seriously! Tons of them!
I’m usually into fruity pops but I was really feeling something different and creamy and coconutty this year. Something with a hint of chocolate. And a bite!
Enter one of my current favorite flavor combinations.
It’s creamy, rich, fudgy and crunchy. So much texture, a little bit chewy from the caramel and soooo ridiculously delicious. The base is coconut milk (especially the cream part!) mixed with a little sweetened condensed milk. A coconut sugar caramel (!!!) comes next, then a chocolate fudge ganache and roasted cashews for crunch before serving.
Yes yes yes. You read that right. A caramel sauce made with coconut sugar! I can’t even handle it.
Even Max went a little crazy with these because they taste so ice cream-like.
AND, that is huge because I’ve actually had a bunch of freezer pops at our house because I crave them like made when I am pregnant. Even though I technically SHOULD make my own all the time. I can’t help it. I just want to eat all the red ones.
Are you also like WHAT are freezer pops? I just can’t call them otter pops. I cannot. Will not.
So even though this is technically a popsicle, I like to serve it with a little plate so you can drizzle on some extra caramel long with a rain shower of salty cashews. NO, of course they don’t have to look as messy and wild as below for real life.
Unless you like your life blanketed with caramel. You know. Normal people things.
Annnnnd P.S. for more delish popsicles, you can see:
Salted watermelon margaritas popsicles!
Ooooh and these late night snacksicles. Oh yes I am serious.
Get it get it!
Coconut Chocolate Caramel Cashew Popsicles
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl or measuring cup, whisk together 1 full can of coconut milk, the cream from another can of coconut milk (discard/use the liquid), the cashew milk, condensed milk and extract until smooth. Fill your popsicle molds with just about 2 tablespoons of the coconut mixture and place them in the freezer for 30 minutes so the tops can set. While they are setting, make your caramel and your ganache.
- Once the tops have set, remove the molds and add a little more coconut mixture, then alternate between adding spoonfuls of caramel and ganache, along with the coconut base. Do this until the mixture is to the top, the sprinkle some cashews into the mold to finish it off.
- Freeze for at least 4 to 6 hours, then remove according to your mold’s directions. You can reheat any saved caramel and ganache for drizzling purpose and top it with extra cashews!
- Place the sugar, cream, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until the sugar dissolves then let the mixture bubble for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Turn off the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and then pour the caramel in a jar or bowl. It will thicken as it cools. You want the caramel to still be somewhat runny so you can add it to the popsicles, but you don’t want it to be warm.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl. Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan or the microwave just until warm and the edges bubble (do not scald or boil!). Pour it over the chocolate and let it sit for 1 minute. Stir until a smooth chocolate forms – this will take a few minutes and lots of stirring! Let cool slightly before using.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
It’s a heavenly bite.
23 Comments on “Coconut Chocolate Caramel Cashew Popsicles.”
In Australia, we would call otter pops “iceblocks”. You’re welcome :)
iceblocks!! never heard that one. :)
You COULD call these Coconut Cocoa Caramel Cashew popsicles or Coconut Cacao Caramel Cashew popsicles, for more alliteration ;)
Excited is really the exact word for what I felt when I saw that 1st picture! Omg!!! It looks soooo good!! And the photo of Max’s little hand holding the popsicle? *squeal!!* lol. I can’t say I’m gonna try this though because I think popsicles are way to much work & I rather just make it into a smoothies because I’m not patient enough to wait for them to freeze! But the flavours in this have me really excited with you Jess!! Happy Popsicle Week!!
hahaha thank you leanne!!
😍😍😍 you’re speaking my language here.
Okay, I’m in trouble. These are going to be a big problem for me and getting into a bathing suit. Lol. WOW!
thanks sarah!! xo
Yes! A million times yes to these!!
These look incredible! Wish I was eating some right now!
Coconut caramel?!?!?!? Enough said! I’m in!!! Making these babies asap
Pingback: Boozy Aperol Spritz Popsicles | Bourbon and Honey
Hi these look amazing
What molds do you use
i use this one! https://www.amazon.com/Norpro-Frozen-Maker-Wooden-Sticks/dp/B0002IBJOG/r
Pingback: Wallflower Weekly Finds, 122 - Cooking with a Wallflower
Pingback: Fudgesicles - Sweet Cream Cold Brew Fudgesicles - Sweet n Savory
Pingback: Fudgesicles - Sweet Cream Cold Brew Fudgesicles
Pingback: 100 Best Popsicle Recipes - Prudent Penny Pincher