Easy Painted Bud Vases
Looking for the colorful glass vases that perfectly match your color scheme or tablescape? Create your own in the span of an afternoon. It’s pretty easy, it just takes a little bit of patience and the right paint colors. The best part about this craft? Because the paint goes inside the bottles the outside looks smooth and doesn’t have that crafty-vibe, ya know? Love these!
What you’ll need:
-acrylic craft paint
-a plastic syringe
1. Start out by picking your paint colors. I love the Martha Stewart craft paints. They come in a variety of colors and always work so well. I think I have a bottle of every color! Using colors in the same family looks great with this project.
2. Mix together 3/4 of the bottle of the craft paint with just a little water in a plastic container. You want to thin out the paint so it’s easier to get it into the bottle.
3. Suck up the paint mixture into your syringe and then gently squeeze it into the inside of the bottle. Be sure to carefully coat the neck and the entire inside of the bottle.
4. Once there is enough paint inside each bottle, gently rotate the bottle in your hands until the inside is completely covered.
5. Place the bottle upside down on your wire rack and let the excess paint drain out. Once the excess is drained, wipe the mouth of the bottle or any drips that might have formed.
6. Repeat for each individual color, rinsing your syringe and bowl between each new color. Let the inside dry completely before using.
7. Enjoy! Place single blossoms or a sprig of flowers in each. It makes for a high impact arrangement without having to arrange too much.
27 Comments on “Easy Painted Bud Vases”
Oh I love these! And they will be so perfect for our new house and totally achievable for me!
Pingback: Easy Painted Bud Vases – Fruitide
This is a lovely project, but I’m so confused…this isn’t content Jessica created (based on who is listed as authoring the post) and is so off type for her…help!
hi alex! a few weeks ago i introduced caylin here because i wanted some to learn to do some DIYs for my site since i can’t do crafts! we have been sharing them once or twice a month in addition to all of my other content (not instead of). eventually the DIY page will have it’s own place! you can see her intro here: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2017/05/diy-taco-drink-stirrers/
It would be great if you guys did a DIY video together!
Simple and beautiful! I absolutely love your DIY projects, Caylin!
These are beautiful!
Cute! I never thought of putting the paint inside the bottles, but it really does give them a polished, classy feel. I have a tiny glass bottle with a cornflower in it sitting on my kitchen table right now. I should paint one and put it alongside, like a little flower arrangement. Thanks for the great idea!
Doesn’t the acrylic paint wash off when the containers are filled with water?
Acrylic paint which you mention in the Show peases are awesome. Looks so cute inside the bottles
Veterinary Research Panel
before 2000 no anyone know about that fashion but in this present age every one want to make beautiful nails. Some people prefer the Acrylic nails with Acrylic paints
Sweet and beautiful post ! I really love your DIY project,
Thank you very much for sharing us a cute topic “) What a cute little beautiful vase. I hope we get some spring blooms soon.
Simple and Gorgeous! I absolutely love best crypto exchanges with your DIY projects, Caylin!
Rarely do I encounter a blog that’s each educative and entertaining, and let me let you know, you could have hit the nail on the head. Your concept is excellent
That’s a great idea! I will do it for sure. Gonna be my next project! Thank you so much! :)
good post. i like it.
We offer our PBT Doubleshot keycaps in black and white in our online store. Both colors have a translucent base layer and are compatible with most of our RGB keyboards. Additionally, the beautiful K70 RGB Mk. 2 SE includes the white PBT Doubleshot keycaps (shown below), which can also be found in our online store.
I’ve also learned the hard way that the direction the room is facing can make a huge difference. For instance, our north-facing rooms can’t handle Alabaster-it just washes them out and gives a dreary appearance all day. However, our south-facing rooms look beautiful.
Hey!I just wanted to let you know I mentioned this post in one of my blog posts because I used the coffee lover tin idea last year. Here is a direct link to the post if you would like to check it out
Thank you for posting this! We had to decide paint colors last week and choose the Dover White for the exterior of our house. They just finished painting today and it looks great going from a faded hunter green to a warm white.
You have done the amazing because you made simple Jars into beautiful colorful glass vases. After seeing your post i have to make a plane. After completed i will share you photo!
Accelerated recovery centers reviews
I’ve also learned the hard way that the direction the room is facing can make a huge difference. For instance, our north-facing rooms can’t handle Alabaster-it just washes them out and gives a dreary appearance all day. However, our south-facing rooms look beautiful. Budapest rental
Thank you very much for your great article. I really enjoyed it. If you need a personal tax accountant in Toronto – let me know.
I have a new house that could use some paint!macrame online course
You have done the amazing because you made simple Jars into beautiful colorful glass vases. After seeing your post i have to make a plane. After completed i will share you photo! Campsites in new south wales
You have done the amazing because you made simple Jars into beautiful colorful
. After seeing your post i have to make a plane. After completed i will share you photo! Campsites in new south wales