Avocado Chocolate Mousse with Summer Fruit.
I’ve got your weekend treat!
Avocado chocolate mousse! More like avocado chocolate pudding. Piled high with fresh summer fruit that I am losing my mind over right now. I’m about to turn into a berry any minute now. For real.
Chocolate avocado pudding isn’t anything new around here. I used to eat some every single day, in fact! It is just SO good, and I’m of the belief that it DOESN’T taste anything like avocados. Now I know there are some avocado haters out there that say they can still taste it, so I might not be the best judge.
But! I go to great lengths to take away the avocado flavor, adding both melted dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder. And honey! Ooooooh it’s a dream. And salt. Even better.
This is my current favorite dessert at the moment. If you read my Tuesday Things then you probably know that I haven’t been into dessert at all yet this pregnancy. It was sort of the same with Max, maybe until I hit 34ish weeks. I want cold and creamy things but don’t want things that are unreasonably rich and sweet. Which is why I think I’m majorly into fruit desserts this summer.
Can we even COUNT the number of cobblers I have made since June? I think not. It’s a BUNCH.
But this avocado pudding, while being satisfying and seemingly indulgent, hits the spot for me. It’s not TOO sweet (it’s however sweet you want to make it, really), and when it’s cut with a little bit of unsweetened coconut whipped cream and topped with lots of summer fruit?
I’m so into it.
I adore this idea for a party or cocktail hour – in little shot glasses or cups. It’s perfect! Best dessert ever.
So the thing is that while I’d definitely consider this a dessert, back in the day I’d make a small serving and have it in the afternoons to take away that sweets craving that hits around 3PM. I could even eat it and still go to yoga a few hours later without feeling like I actually ATE dessert, you know?
I haven’t regularly made this in the daytime since Max was born, but since he loves it so much, I’m going to do it as a once-a-week treat or something.
You can make and serve it anyway you’d like it too – coconut cream on the bottom or the top, whatever fruit you have on hand, all that jazz. Or just the deeeelish chocolate fluff. Make it your own!
Annnnd now we can all get on with our weekend in the most chocolate-y way.
Avocado Chocolate Mousse with Summer Fruit
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons honey or more or less to sweeten
- 2 ounces of dark chocolate 72% or higher, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- coconut whipped cream for layering or topping
- chopped strawberries blueberries, blackberries, cherries and peaches
- fresh mint for garnish
- Remove avocados from the skin (and pit) and place in a food processor. Blend until combined and creamy.
- Add in the milk, cocoa, honey, chocolate, vanilla and salt, blending until pureed, scraping down the sides when needed to combine. Taste and season/sweetened additionally if desired. Blend for a good 1 to 2 minutes until completely creamy.
- You can serve this anyway you’d like: plain, or topped with coconut whipped cream – or layered with it! I like to sliced up the berries and fruit and throw it on top, then add a few fresh mint leaves.
P.S. we can definitely play on this whole healthy fats thing too, right?