Pistachio Peach Caramel Crumble.
Hiiii. I am having a major peach problem.
Or not, depending on how you look at it.
But I cannot stop making all the peach things. It’s so weird, because every year I write about how you only really get one or maybe two GOOD peaches here in summer. And this year? Um, I feel like I’ve had tons of great peaches over the last few weeks. I’m addicted.
Pistachio peach caramel crumble to the rescue this week. Note that I say THIS week.
Also! Have I not made ten million crisps and cobblers this year or what? If you lived with my in real life, you’d die. I have passed off so many cobblers and crisps and crisps and cobblers that it’s insane.
I have excellent news though. This isn’t a crisp OR a cobbler! It’s a crumble!
Super huge different, I know.
The top is, well, crumbly. It’s not quite a dough – it’s like a crunchy, crumbly dough that is studded with pistachios. It’s more substantial and not as fluffy as cobbler. But it’s not as crunchy or crispy as a crisp!
Clearly all the crumbles need to exist in the world so we have a happy medium there.
Oh hey, I have a cute little helper here.
I tried to get him to pour the caramel sauce into the center, but he wasn’t having it. That’s okay, I just tossed it all together. He loves helping me soooo much and after this last year or so of him helping me in the kitchen, I just let him make a mess and have as much fun as he can. Seriously some of my favorite moments ever!
And an amazing learning process for me.
Instead of tossing the peaches with a traditional sugar and cornstarch mixture, I simply tossed them in the homemade caramel sauce.
Talk about divine.
I’m not always a caramel person, but in this instance? I certainly am. This makes the peaches even more wonderfully sweet and soft. The combination is to die for.
It’s funny that I covered my peaches in pistachios because the latter is something else that I get on kicks of too! Meshing my current obsessions – all of them – in the form of peaches, pistachios AND fruit-based desserts.
I don’t even know me anymore.
This is so buttery and flavorful and not overly sweet but still fantastically caramely. I am dying for you to make it and eat it with all of your friends!
Which means me, so please don’t lose my invite in the mail.
Pistachio Peach Caramel Crumble
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the sugar, cream, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved, then let the mixture bubble for 5 minutes. Remove the caramel from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Place the peach slices in 9-inch round or square dish. Toss them with the lemon juice. Pour the caramel overtop of the peaches and gently tossed until every slice is coated with caramel.
- In a bowl, stir together the butter and brown sugar with a fork until it’s totally combined and the sugar is incorporated. Stir in the vanilla extract. Using a wooden spoon or spatula add in the flour and stir and mix until it is combined and resembles clumps of sand. I use my hands to do this towards the end to really combine everything. Stir in the pistachios and mix them in as well as you can.
- Sprinkle the mixture overtop of the peaches so it covers them. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the peaches are bubbly and topping is golden and set. If at anytime, the topping starts to get too brown, tent the dish with foil.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 to 20 minutes, so everything has a bit of time to set. Serve with pistachio or vanilla ice cream!
Only made better with pisatchio ice cream. YESSSS.