My Favorite Things Holiday Giveaway: Win a Cuisinart MultiCooker Slow Cooker! [CLOSED]
[The winners of the giveaway are below. Please send me an email at howsweeteats [at] gmail [dot] com with your mailing address!
- Andrea Ortlieb who said “Over Christmas each year, instead of buying presents for her 10 children, their spouses and children, my grandma would rent a hotel room for two nights for each family. We would all gather together to spend time swimming, laughing, and enjoying each other’s company. It was something we all looked forward to year in and year out. We would all bring a dish to pass as we shared a meal and memories of the past year. While the destination was usually about 15 minutes from home, it was the best vacation of the year, each year for over two decades!”
- Lynda M who said “Hilton Head Island is my favorite vacation spot! We’ve been going every year for the past 20 years and we love it!”]
For today’s giveaway, I’m giving TWO 7-quart Cuisinart Multi Cook Slow Cookers!
YOU GUYS!! This is the slow cooker than I am downright OBSESSED with. You can sear, brown and saute in the crock of this slow cooker. That means no searing on the stove and transferring to the slow cooker – it can all be done in ONE place! I love this so much and have been ranting and raving about it for over a year now. Perfection.
TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY:
- Follow @howsweeteats on Instagram and Facebook. Leave a comment (with a valid email address so I can contact you!) on this blog post telling me your favorite vacation spot!
- For a second entry, pre-order a copy of The Pretty Dish and leave a second comment saying you did so. If you already have preordered with a giveaway this week, just leave a comment saying you did so! You can find the book on amazon, barnes and noble, books a million and indie bound. Simply forward your confirmation email to theprettydishorders [at ] gmail [dot] com along with the the mailing address that you’d like the plate to be mailed to and the name or message you would like on the plate (if any)! If you have already preordered the book before today (thank you!!!), you are included too! Send your same details to the email with your order confirmation. Please note that the book plate will be arriving in the spring, and should be there before your copy of The Pretty Dish arrives on March 20th!
This giveaway will run for 24 hours and the winners will be announced in tomorrow’s giveaway post! xoxo
[The winners of yesterday’s giveaway are below. Please send me an email at howsweeteats [at] gmail [dot] com with your mailing address!
1. Simone who said ” I also pre-ordered The Pretty Dish in August (and sent an email on Monday).”
2. Tamar Strauss-Benjamin who said ” Best gift…wow…hard to think about that but probably my teddy bear that still is the number one “lovey” in my life. This year marks 24 years together (:”
3. David Gebhardt who said ” About 15 years ago on Christmas Eve I was in the car with my mom on the way to a party and we broke down in the middle lane of I-95 and we were completely stranded with a decent amount of traffic around, well before my mom had a cell phone. After about 10 minutes of waving at cars, hoping that someone would stop for us…a car pulled up behind us then heard what was wrong…moved his car to entirely block the right lane traffic and helped us push it to the shoulder, let us borrow his cell phone to call for help, gave crying me a box of chocolates, and drove away without even saying his name, as he didn’t want any kind of reward, just told us Merry Christmas and drove off.”]
673 Comments on “My Favorite Things Holiday Giveaway: Win a Cuisinart MultiCooker Slow Cooker! [CLOSED]”
And of course I preordered your book!
The Pacific Northwest! Stunningly beautiful greenery, delicious food, and people who aren’t afraid to be themselves.
I was going to say Kyoto, Japan but then realized I have a 6 month old and international travel would not be something desirable to me anytime soon, so my answer is Princeville, Kauai! That was our last vacation pre-baby and it was magical :)
Hands down my favorite vacation spot is Yosemite. The majestic beauty of this place always resets my spiritual center.
I also preordered The Pretty Dish back in September!
My favorite vacation spots are beaches and mountains – anywhere so long as it’s somewhere not crowded! :-)
My favorite vacation spot is the condo that we co-own with my siblings in Longboat Key, Florida. I wish I was there now, instead of freezing in Wisconsin!
My favorite vacation spot will always be Cape Cod. My family (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins) used to go every year when I was a kid. It’s amazing how much nostalgia can be tied to a place!
My favorite vacation spot is the Bahamas!
Oaxaca, Mexico is awesome!
I love Colorado!
Vegas/Palm Springs! It’s a yearly tradition for my friend group and something I always look forward to.
I loved Madrid and can’t wait to go back again!
New York City! I just love it. It’s such a spirited city and there’s something I want to eat on every corner! Also my sista lives there and I miss her so :)
My favorite place to vacation is Las Vegas and I don’t srinlk or gamble, it about the food and the shows!! I love the downtown area, what is referred to as old Vegas. I think it’s better than the strip. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
My favourite vacation spot is easily Hawaii! We went for our honeymoon five years ago and it was absolute BLISS!
We love going to Montana for vacation. It’s only of the only repeat vacation spots that we have.
Seattle is my favorite spot because my family all lives there and is where I grew up. I don’t get to go “home” very often at all but it is always my choice.
My favorite vacation spot? That’s an easy one. Anywhere with palm trees and a margarita in my hand (make that a double, please).
Fave spot hands down is Tahiti! Bora Bora was awesome for relaxing and soaking up the sun, Moorea was perfect for exploring under the sea and on the ground! BUT LET ME WARN YOU: no other beach will ever do it for you again! Tahiti ruined me in the best way possible – we’re saving up to go back with our son for our 10 year anniversary in 2020!
My favorite place in the world is Paris. We vacationed there twice both times rented an apartment so we could have a real taste of Parisian life.
Hard to pick one spot, but the Cayman Islands probably tops my list!
I love the Amalfi coast!
Definitely Cozumel, Mexico!
I like to vacation in Vermont and the mountains of TN.
THe beach! I’m cold right now. :) OR NYC
I pre ordered your book! Can’t wait!
I’m following you on facebook and Instagram! And I’d follow you to the ends of the earth..err, internet! My favorite vacation spot always and forever is Disneyland. It has the same magic for me at 37 as it did at 7.
Anywhere with a beach — even just a quick trip to Bethany Beach, DE will do!
My favorite vacation was to New York at Christmas time it was the best time I ever had.
And, OF COURSE, I also pre-ordered The Pretty Dish earlier this year!! Counting down the days!
My favorite spot would have to be Negril, Jamaica! We stayed at Couples Swept Away for our honeymoon and it was AMAZING!! I want to go back so badly!
My favorite vacation was to St. John. We went there on our baby moon!
The Yucatan Pennisula in Mexico by far! So many beautiful places- Tulum, Playa del Carmen, Cancun, Cozumel. It’s also a fairly short and affordable flight from the West coast.
As a family we love to go to San Diego. We go almost every year.
After moving south 5 years ago, Pittsburgh (home) is or favorite place to visit!
My favorite vacation was our trip to visit our daughter “studying” abroad in Florence Italy. My older daughter came with us and it was incredible!!!
We love going to Door County in WI during the late summer/early fall. Your posts about trips to MI always remind me of it!
I live in Maine and love to visit all the places here. I particularly love going to Acadia National Park, Castine, and Rockland.
Cape Cod, Massachusetts…prettiest beaches in the known universe, and freshest, tastiest seafood, oh so charming and sweet.
The beach. Any beach – just so I can sit in the sun and read, relax, people-watch, etc.
You can’t beat Rhode Island in the summer. Classic New England beaches and food!
The Beach any beach makes me happy also camping but beach definitely number one. I have not ordered book yet but I’m planning to after the Hoildays
Anguilla, beautiful island in the British West Indies! Sadly had a lot of hurricane Damage this year 😏
I love beach vacations and my favorite was Kauai! So beautiful and relaxing!
Montana! Not only is it a beautiful state with a lot of history, but my very best friend lives there!
i’ve literally never been to greece, but i’m pretty sure when i go… there will hardly be a place in this world that i will enjoy more! i’ve been dreaming of greece since i was 12. *sigh* one day…