My Favorite Things Holiday Giveaway: Win a Cuisinart MultiCooker Slow Cooker! [CLOSED]
[The winners of the giveaway are below. Please send me an email at howsweeteats [at] gmail [dot] com with your mailing address!
- Andrea Ortlieb who said “Over Christmas each year, instead of buying presents for her 10 children, their spouses and children, my grandma would rent a hotel room for two nights for each family. We would all gather together to spend time swimming, laughing, and enjoying each other’s company. It was something we all looked forward to year in and year out. We would all bring a dish to pass as we shared a meal and memories of the past year. While the destination was usually about 15 minutes from home, it was the best vacation of the year, each year for over two decades!”
- Lynda M who said “Hilton Head Island is my favorite vacation spot! We’ve been going every year for the past 20 years and we love it!”]
For today’s giveaway, I’m giving TWO 7-quart Cuisinart Multi Cook Slow Cookers!
YOU GUYS!! This is the slow cooker than I am downright OBSESSED with. You can sear, brown and saute in the crock of this slow cooker. That means no searing on the stove and transferring to the slow cooker – it can all be done in ONE place! I love this so much and have been ranting and raving about it for over a year now. Perfection.
TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY:
- Follow @howsweeteats on Instagram and Facebook. Leave a comment (with a valid email address so I can contact you!) on this blog post telling me your favorite vacation spot!
- For a second entry, pre-order a copy of The Pretty Dish and leave a second comment saying you did so. If you already have preordered with a giveaway this week, just leave a comment saying you did so! You can find the book on amazon, barnes and noble, books a million and indie bound. Simply forward your confirmation email to theprettydishorders [at ] gmail [dot] com along with the the mailing address that you’d like the plate to be mailed to and the name or message you would like on the plate (if any)! If you have already preordered the book before today (thank you!!!), you are included too! Send your same details to the email with your order confirmation. Please note that the book plate will be arriving in the spring, and should be there before your copy of The Pretty Dish arrives on March 20th!
This giveaway will run for 24 hours and the winners will be announced in tomorrow’s giveaway post! xoxo
[The winners of yesterday’s giveaway are below. Please send me an email at howsweeteats [at] gmail [dot] com with your mailing address!
1. Simone who said ” I also pre-ordered The Pretty Dish in August (and sent an email on Monday).”
2. Tamar Strauss-Benjamin who said ” Best gift…wow…hard to think about that but probably my teddy bear that still is the number one “lovey” in my life. This year marks 24 years together (:”
3. David Gebhardt who said ” About 15 years ago on Christmas Eve I was in the car with my mom on the way to a party and we broke down in the middle lane of I-95 and we were completely stranded with a decent amount of traffic around, well before my mom had a cell phone. After about 10 minutes of waving at cars, hoping that someone would stop for us…a car pulled up behind us then heard what was wrong…moved his car to entirely block the right lane traffic and helped us push it to the shoulder, let us borrow his cell phone to call for help, gave crying me a box of chocolates, and drove away without even saying his name, as he didn’t want any kind of reward, just told us Merry Christmas and drove off.”]
673 Comments on “My Favorite Things Holiday Giveaway: Win a Cuisinart MultiCooker Slow Cooker! [CLOSED]”
This is a hard choice! There are so many places I love. But really I guess my favorite vacation spot is anywhere with my husband of 47 years, we have taken a lot of great trips. I guess one of my favorite places though are the San Juan islands of Washington state. We’ve stayed at some wonderful bed and breakfasts in the islands and had some exceptional food.
AndI follow you on Instagram and Facebook
Definitely Paris :)
Pre=ordered Pretty Dish in September
My favourite vacation spot is probably Temagami, in near-north Ontario! It’s super peaceful and calming to spend a week there’s with limited access to internet/phone :) I follow on Facebook and Instagram.
Following always! My favorite spot is anywhere my fiance and I haven’t been and we can have an adventure. We’ve been to the Grand Canyon, Colorado, we’re getting married at Zion National Park!
The jersey shore :)
And the Pretty Dish is pre-ordered!
I also preordered The Pretty Dish and sent an email earlier this week :)
I live in a “best vacation spot” (Hawaii) so right now my favorite getaway spot is anywhere in the mountains. I prefer Idaho mountains but will take anything!
My favorite vacation spot would definitely be London. We went there on our honeymoon last year and I fell in love.
Hilton Head Island!
My favorite vacation spot has always been Marco Island, FL for the beaches!
My favorite vacation spot is Cortina Italy! I’ve been lucky enough to go skiing there the past two winters. The first time with a ground of friends and my husband. It was so wonderful that I had to bring my dad back the following year. Cortina is incredibly beautiful and has amazing skiing. Also, Italy is the place to go skiing — taking a break in the morning for an espresso and strudel then a mountain top lunch of topped fococcia bread or delicious spaghetti bolognese. The slopes and everything surrounding them are such a treat!
Any quiet beach, anywhere.
My favorite vacation spot would have to be Sanibel Island!
Ahhh, any place close to the ocean…Amalfi Coast, California, New Zealand!
I love going to Gatlinburg in the Smokey Mountains!!
Any cottage on a lake in the summer!
Anna Maria Island, on the Gulf Coast of Florida! My family’s happy place :)
One of my favorite vacations was on Sanibel Island.
Definitely Negril, Jamaica! We stay at an adult only all-inclusive resort on the beach. It is so romantic!
FOR childhood nostalgia- Chautauqua Lake in western NY!
Hands down, The Thousand Islands in Ontario, Canada.
For a nearby vacation I love Traverse City!
I love going to the Adirondack region each summer with my family.
Omg I need this my crock pot is cracked!
Traverse City Michigan! It’s where me and my husband celebrate our anniversary every year!
Anywhere in Hawaii!
My favorite vacations spot is Costa Rica. So much so that I am having my wedding there next year!
favorite vacation spot???? anywhere on the beach or Italy!
My favorite place is NYC. So much to see and do.
I would love to go to London or a Europe tour-Germany, Italy, Sweden.
I loooove the West coast (particularly Oregon)
My favorite vacation spot is England–pretty much anywhere in the country, although London is by far my favorite city in the world. I’m born and raised in the U.S.A., but I always feel like I’ve “come home” when I visit England, and I get horribly “homesick” when I haven’t visited England in awhile.
My favorite vacation spot that I’ve been to is North Carolina, in the mountains. But my dream vacation would be to Hawaii to see the beaches and volcanoes.
My favorite vacation spot is Caneel Bay in St. Johns- absolutely amazing and I can’t wait to go back!
This may seem like an off the wall choice, but Cooperstown, NY! It’s right on the lake and is such a fun little town :)
Favorite vacation spot will always be the beach— any beach— but especially the Alabama/Florida Panhandle gulf coast.
It’s a toss-up! I love our combination trips to Tahoe/Dry Creek Valley!!
Going home to mom. There’s nothing like being taken care of and having your favorite homemade meal from childhood.
My favorite vacation spot is Paris. I studied abroad there in college and I got to go back with my best friend (who I met there) last year. We had the most perfect, magical time ever!
Now that winter has arrived in Upstate NY my favorite spot would be anywhere warm!
Martha’s Vineyard – we go for at least a day every summer!
Favorite vacation spot was Kentucky with my husband. We LOVED the caves and bats!
I also pre-ordered The Pretty Dish (sent email on Monday)
I preordered The Pretty Dish!
I am from there – so we take the kids (4+2) with us to see family and to enjoy the beauty! Cant wait to go back in March – yay for $99 direct flights!!!!!!!
I’ve been following you on Instagram and Facebook for a while :)
Favorite vacation spot Cape Cod
My favourite place I have been so far is France, not that I have been to too many places. The food is just too good!!! I also love PEI, the beaches and people are fantastic and the whole island experience is wonderful.