1. This month of January is dragging like NO OTHER. I generally don’t love January through March but maybe it’s because this year, I feel extra stuck inside the house or something? Ack! I lie awake in bed at night and research beach vacations. It’s actually super fun.
2. Oh my gosh! Very into these black sesame truffles.
3. Ummmm please tell me that you have seen the Saved By the Bell lipstick!? So many of you have sent this to me. We just can’t let the 90s die.
4. This might be a really stupid questions. But aren’t “joggers” just… sweatpants? Like for a million years they have just be called sweatpants. Now there are women’s joggers and baby joggers. Joggers for everyone! What the what.
5. Oh god. Words cannot express how much I DREADING this week’s episode of This Is Us. Why am I so torn up about it? Like it’s actually real life? It really is right up there with Parenthood for me.
6. Also. WE FINALLY SAW I, TONYA. OMG. I pretty much had to drag Eddie and he ended up LOVING it too. Allison Janney is just unreal. Margot Robbie is so good. The story is fascinating. We spent all of Saturday watching specials on the event like complete psychos.
7. How to learn to love Mondays! Oh oh oh I need this. I’ve forever hated Mondays and am a huge Sunday blues person. Even when we have had the best weekend, the minute Sunday rolls around I’m like whomp whomp.
8. As we come to the end of January, I have failed miserably at my resolution of meditating every day. None of the apps are even helping me! I just forget. And then it’s 11:30 at night. And I’d rather research said beach vacations in #1.
14 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Also dreading this is us so much! But looking forward to it too. It’s so weird! And yes it is exactly like parenthood and gosh I miss that show. I also failed at keeping my mindfulness resolution. And don’t blame you bout beach vacation research. I’m torn between researching Disney or far flung islands atm. Anything to escape the January yuck.
Can you just count beach vacation research as meditation? I would. #forTheWin
I’m not a winter person. At all. luckily this year in the PNW *unlike last year when we had the worst winter ever* it’s been basically sort of a cold spring…. so we’ve had sun and outside time. so much better
btw, totally making the lemon chicken recipe tonight that you posted this week. I’m already excited for dinner.
Thissssss. Hahaha. Vacation research = meditation. I’m on board.
Can’t believe you didn’t provide a link to the shoes?! CRUEL!!!
i wish that i could!! ugh, i got them on sale at the nordstrom anniversary sale in july and i can’t find them anywhere now. :(
The Daily podcast did a recent episode on Tonya Harding, super interesting if you still looking for more!
i listened to that!! it was so good!
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Fruitide
I don’t think you’re alone about January. Every single January I feel terrible and wonder what my problem is, and then I realize I felt the exact same way last January. I just think it’s a blah month. Hang in there!
The January feels are real–see below. I feel them about February, and March, too.
i figured if you worked from home then you didnt hate mondays as much ? guess im wrong lol ! i really want to see i, tonya but not sure i can convince my boyfriend to go. i also hate jan-march. im just sick of being cold !
Jess! I have been reading your blog for many years and I just love it so much. You have inspired me to write how I talk, and to be so unapologetically transparent about my taste (even when it’s trashy! ;) A few years ago I found a meditation teacher who for REAL taught me how to meditate and I am normally a spastic crazy lady doing a million things- but that’s what’s so fucking cool about this style of meditation, it’s for busy people with busy lives! Anyways, she’s launching a new online training in about a week and I really think you would love it- no apps or craziness required, once you go through the training you just need 15 minutes and a chair that supports your back. http://www.zivameditation.com/earlyaccess
I think we are all dreading and looking forward to This is Us because we know that there will be no chance of denial that Jack has died and it will require a box of tissues to get through!
omg YES to the joggers thing! they are forever sweatpants to me, too. and would any of us ever jog in them? no. thats what running/work out tights are for. but i do love them.
also, thank your for sharing the monday article…totally w/ you on the sunday blues things. every. single. week.