15 Minute Sesame Ramen Noodles.
Today we’re going to eat sesame noodles and pretend like we’re in college again.
Except! Except the flavor is SPOT ON in these ramen noodles. Super delicious and packed with everything that tastes amazing. And we’re tossing the gross seasoning packet so no need to be judgy. We’re making our own seasoning sauce and it’s the best thing ever. Forever ever.
GUYS!!! We are just THREE WEEKS (omg omg omg) away from the launch of the The Pretty Dish. Three freaking weeks! WOOHOO! This is another sneak peek recipe from the book and it’s one of the simplest. And the most delicious. Heck, they are all the most delicious.
If you haven’t ordered yet, you can preorder HERE!
To continue sounding like a broken record, I’m so pumped for you to see what is in this book. I am almost afraid that I’m building it up too much because I love the recipes to a wacky extent. But they are SO fantastic! And so are these free bonus recipes too!
The packaged ramen was never actually a college thing for me like it is for so many others. I don’t know who introduced me to it (it might have been my mom, but I doubt it because she cooked dinner every night and it was never something like that), but it was one of the first things I realize that I could actually make myself in the kitchen. And one of the first things that my mom actually let me make!
I mean, back in those days, I actually used the seasoning packet which most likely threw me into a carb coma 35 minutes later. It was delicious though. That’s how I remember it!
Thankfully, I stopped using the seasoning packet long ago. I still buy the noodles for things like homemade ramen soup because they are the most accessible for me. At least most times! Especially when I haven’t planned ahead.
These sesame noodles are sort of like that. I ridiculously LOVE this recipe. It’s so simple and easy and majorly packed with flavor. We’re talking embarrassingly easy.
It’s a little twist on sesame noodles (that I usually make with soba noodles) and it will seriously take you 15 minutes! Maybe even 10 if you’re really on top of your game.
The flavor base starts with coconut oil. We have fresh garlic and ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil. Chili garlic paste too!
Then the whole thing is sprinkled with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds. It’s everything I want to eat when I need fast comfort food at home. Or an easy lunch. Or a dinner that takes no time at all. It’s whatever you want it to be!
Fork twirls forever.
- 1 package ramen noodles flavor packet discarded
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- toasted sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Cook the ramen noodles according to the directions on the package. This only takes 2 to 3 minutes! I like to get all of my other ingredients out while waiting for the water to boil.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the coconut oil and once melted, stir in the garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute, then stir in the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and chili garlic paste. Turn off the heat and stir in the toasted sesame oil. Add the noodles to the skillet and toss well to coat.
- Serve the noodles with lots of green onions and sesame seeds on top.
Little bowl of love.