Rosé Champagne Gummy Bears.
And gummy hearts! OMG yes – it’s true. Champagne gummy bears here we come.
I’m saying yes way rosé to GUMMIES! They’re a thing and we’re doing it at home.
Um, these might be my most favorite thing that I’ve made in a long time. They are super fun. They are SO much easier than you’d expect. And they are adorable! Perfect for the Oscars this weekend if you’re watching (hellllo Jimmy Kimmel!). Perfect for spring, perfect for a cocktail party, perfect for Sunday funday with your friends.
I should probably just write a post on why you shouldn’t make them, because I can give you 100 reasons why you SHOULD!
So, I am such a huge fan girl of sugarfina champagne bears. When I realized that I could make these on my own, I was thrilled. I have spent an embarrassing amount on sugarfina gummies as gifts for friends and family. And some for myself. You can do it at home, you can!
I started with this post from The Kitchn on rosé gummies. I swapped the rosé for rosé champagne (even better) and they are incredible.
Also, in a manic moment I added some edible gold leaf to the heart gummies! I’ve made three recipes that I’m sharing with edible gold leaf. Bit of an obsession over here. Oops.
First, the goods. I ordered this set of molds and droppers on amazon. Using the dropper was so simple. It was slightly tedious filling up ALL the molds, but it was easy. It didn’t spill everywhere or anything.
It’s probably an excellent exercise in patience, so yeah.
Second, all you need is champagne, powdered gelatin and sugar. That’s it! If you’ve ever made homemade marshmallows, then you’re familiar with the gelatin and how easy it is to use. It actually blows my mind that we can easily do this in our own kitchens.
Now – the one thing about these gummies is that they are more like jello jigglers than gummy bears. But not in a bad way! I mean, saying that probably makes them sound terrible. But what I really mean is that they should stay chilled in your fridge for optimal consumption. They are great when set out for a few hours at a party and maaaaybe even overnight (I actually left some out overnight to test (#hardwork) and they were still great), but I definitely wouldn’t gift them and package them up days ahead of time to give them to a friend.
This just means that you should invite all of your friends over, make these gummies together, drink the remaining champagne in the 90 minutes that these take to set and then go gummy crazy. Drop the gummies into champagne too for an extra boozy boost. It’s heavenly!
Rosé Champagne Gummy Bears
- 2 1/2 cups rosé champagne
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered gelatin
- Heat 1 cup of the champagne in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the mixture reduces by half.
- While the champagne is reducing, stir together the remaining champagne and the gelatin. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the sugar into the reduced champagne and add the gelatin mixture to the saucepan too. Whisk constantly with the saucepan over medium heat until the sugar and gelatin dissolve and the mixture slightly thickens. Turn off the heat.
- Fill the molds with the mixture using a dropper or a small creamer to pour. Run a spatula over the molds to get off any excess champagne mixture. Stick in the fridge for about 90 minutes (or longer is fine too!). Then it's time to eat and serve! These stay great at room temp for awhile, but I wouldn't gift them as is. They are best when stored in the fridge and brought out for cocktail parties or snacks!
Yes. This is my favorite thing.