Honey Garlic Salmon and Brussels Sprouts.
Here with an embarrassingly easy recipe for you!
Only my favorite kind of recipe. Besides the majorly trashed up ones.
But guys! This sheet pan salmon is SO simple. Really flavorful. Very easy and only contains THREE ingredients… aside from the salmon and brussels themselves. Crazy, right?
Lately I’ve been trying to share the meals I make on a day when I’m losing my mind, feel like I have zero time, don’t want to make something out of a box and feel like we’ve been eating out way too much. This is one of those.
And I entrusted my very helpful three year old to help me with food styling here. Note: I do not recommend. Even if it’s adorable!
The thing is that I am generally not a sheet-pan-dinner kind of person. It’s so rare that things are done at exactly the same time and temperature! I want a golden, charred flavor on my chicken which requirer searing or broiling and then the veggies need more time in the oven or I want them caramelized a certain way… blah blah blah. You know?
Rarely do I find a sheet pan meal where everything is just perfect.
Now, I will often put TWO sheet pans in the oven at the same time, maybe increasing time and temperature or removing a pan earlier than the other, but only a few things go on ONE pan.
It’s easier with salmon though because I know exactly how to cook it (since we cook it soooo often) and when brussels sprouts are sliced or shaved, they only need 15 or 20 minutes in a hot oven.
Also, sidebar. Does anyone else still get amazed when you think about loving brussels sprouts? Like never did I ever think that would be a thing in my life. BUT IT IS. My mom is still like WTF.
SO. You can throw this together in a few minutes and it’s super flavorful. I like to serve it with rice or quinoa. But you could even do a side of potatoes of some sort!
Right now I’m finding it really easy to cook meals that can be made together and served together. You just have to find the things that work best when thrown on the same sheet. And luckily for us, this is one of them! Winning.
- 4 garlic cloves minced or pressed or grated
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 2 pound salmon filet, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 pound brussels sprouts cut in half or even quartered
- lemon wedges for spritzing
- fresh herbs like basil, oregano, chives for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Make sure your brussels sprouts are in small pieces so they roast quickly! I like to remove the stems from mine and cut them into quarters.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, soy sauce and honey. Place the salmon filet in the center of the sheet.
- Place the brussels in the bowl and toss them with half of the honey garlic mixture. Spread the brussels around the salmon. Brush the remaining honey garlic mixture over the salmon. It's okay if you have some left - you can use it to brush on once the salmon is finished! I like to add some freshly cracked pepper on top t00.
- Roast the salmon and brussels for 15 minutes, until the salmon easily flakes with a fork and the brussels begin to caramelize. Remove and slice the salmon into pieces. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of herbs, a spritz of lemon and extra sauce!
It’s flakey and buttery and actually GOOD FOR US.